JojoandTomas

JANUARY 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

261 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Where can I find the number known as the "Invoice ID Number"? It is required to sign in at CEAC.state.gov. I received an email from NVC which gave me a case number but no Invoice ID number. On the NVC website's FAQ it says the correspondence will contain both numbers. Could it be the Invoice ID number is only listed on the correspondence sent by snail mail?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
16 hours ago, elvira.b said:

Nvc case in transit 03/15/23. NOA 2 01/10/23. Got the welcome letter in e-mail. 

I got a notice in my email saying our petition is in transit and we were assigned an interview date by NVC but I don't see that information in the notice they sent. Am I missing something? Is this coming from welcome letter from embassy?

Timeline
12 hours ago, Ti & Caro said:

Hello all,

Where can I find the number known as the "Invoice ID Number"? It is required to sign in at CEAC.state.gov. I received an email from NVC which gave me a case number but no Invoice ID number. On the NVC website's FAQ it says the correspondence will contain both numbers. Could it be the Invoice ID number is only listed on the correspondence sent by snail mail?

Yes same here and I checked the status and it says we were assigned interview date but haven't received that information either.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Quick question: should I wait 30 days from NOA2 to file a public inquiry with NVC (approved 2/24) so it's been 20 days today.

Thanks! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
15 minutes ago, SaraClaire11 said:

Quick question: should I wait 30 days from NOA2 to file a public inquiry with NVC (approved 2/24) so it's been 20 days today.

Thanks! 

I would send a request.

I sent the first request 3 weeks after NOA 2 and they told me that they had recently received our case and it was waiting to be entered into the system. A week later, we sent them another request and they sent a case number and ID.

Ps: As a last resort, I would wait a couple of days and write.

Edited by Aleksis

28 minutes ago, kcpaty said:

I got a notice in my email saying our petition is in transit and we were assigned an interview date by NVC but I don't see that information in the notice they sent. Am I missing something? Is this coming from welcome letter from embassy?

I am in the same boat. I got ready status today. Completed ds160. With my Embassy you have to schedule your own appt. so i tried and it says case # not ready to schedule yet. i will give it a couple days. 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, SaraClaire11 said:

Quick question: should I wait 30 days from NOA2 to file a public inquiry with NVC (approved 2/24) so it's been 20 days today.

Thanks! 

I sent it at day 32.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Oman
Timeline
On 3/12/2023 at 12:29 PM, Yori5 said:

Hey! My NOA2 was Jan 30 but when I called USCIS yesterday they told me it hasn’t been sent yet. So I am not sure if it didn’t make the March 3rd shipping like yours did. Does your cases status show as sent on your uscis ? I am worried mine got left behind as ppl with later NOA2 are getting case number. 

They send the cases after a month to NVC ? Wow that's quiet a long time.. By any chance does the status change on the USCIS website once the case has been sent ? We got approved 4 days back.. waiting for our NOA2 to come in the mail. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Kiran C said:

They send the cases after a month to NVC ? Wow that's quiet a long time.. By any chance does the status change on the USCIS website once the case has been sent ? We got approved 4 days back.. waiting for our NOA2 to come in the mail. 

Nope, there is no status change on the uscis website once the noa2 sent it to you or sent it to NVC....it's been more than a month for me now, still waiting for nvc's email regarding receiving our case :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Kiran C said:

It really depends and unfortunately there’s no way to know how long it’ll take - I’m not sure what it depends on. For mine, it was about 29 days from the NOA2 to the nvc sending my case off. It might depend what country our case will be going to!

Timeline
10 minutes ago, grumpypiggy said:

Nope, there is no status change on the uscis website once the noa2 sent it to you or sent it to NVC....it's been more than a month for me now, still waiting for nvc's email regarding receiving our case :(

Damn ! 🥺🥺 After waiting for so long to receive an approval , we still got to wait 😐.. 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Rosalea said:

It really depends and unfortunately there’s no way to know how long it’ll take - I’m not sure what it depends on. For mine, it was about 29 days from the NOA2 to the nvc sending my case off. It might depend what country our case will be going to!

Damn ! Another month 🥺.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Guys I have a random question. I noticed on the NOA2 form it has an expiration date. Or rather, it has a validity period that spans 4 months (making mine end in April). Does this matter past the point of the case making it to the embassy? Or, does anyone know what it’s even for?

14 hours ago, Kiran C said:

It really depends on luck. There are cases with later NOA2 than mine that have received their case numbers or at least have confirmation from NVC that they have received it. Mine hasn’t even been received it, so not sure why mine is taking longer to be sent to NVC. Hopefully you don’t have to wait as long as me and you can hear back within 3-5 weeks. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This might not be the best place to ask, but for Packet 3 after the NVC sends the case down to the local embassy, how do we sign an intent to marry letter within 30 days of the interview? The interview cannot be scheduled until Packet 3 is complete?

Additionally, when Packet 3 comes, do we scan everything and email it to them or tell them, that hey, we have everything. 

Your help is appreciated!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.