JojoandTomas

JANUARY 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

261 posts in this topic

Welcome and Congratulations on your approval!

This thread was created for those who are waiting for their NOA2  K-1 case assignment from NVC and then tracking your case onwards to your Embassy.  

A few helpful NVC links:

NVC phone number is  (603)334-0888

🚨  Please note:  They are currently NOT answering queries over the phone! 🚨

They are answering through the below email :

➡️  NVCinquiry@state.gov ⬅️

Once you’ve received your NVC case number you can track your case online using the following link, until it is sent to your embassy:

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV

If you need to change an address or need to update your info in anyway NVC has a public inquiry form where you can submit your request:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

Inside the attached PDF below are a few tips, tricks and hacks to help you along the way.

These are items that everyone asks for, so they have been put together by VJ Member Greenbaum for you to refer to when necessary. If you are new to this thread, please read first as these are the most asked questions.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfin98c33IEpB0T0FlURERriblYmlm5O/view?usp=sharing

I was previously including a 2022 shipping dates chart that’s created based off last years data, but I’ve been told the shipping dates have changed this year and I have not located an accurate chart. In any case, they are sent every two weeks on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, so  if anyone has located an accurate chart, please feel free to share it below! 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

Joining this thread, our NOA2 is Jan 16 '23. If I had to guess, looking at NVC timelines, our case file creation will probably be mid to late March. Maybe sooner hopefully as the slowdown from the holidays dwindles down.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, SeaSing said:

What is the average time to receive NVC case # so we can start tracking to embassy? I've read 30 days, 45 days, up to 90 days, but hard to get a consensus on what the average is right now. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
2 minutes ago, badwolfxi said:

So around 60 days by the looks of it then. Curious why others have been quoting other numbers but I guess this is an estimate so it could be a few days earlier or later, thanks!

Timeline
On 1/20/2023 at 3:28 PM, Poppy65100 said:

I thought 60 days also. 

In further discussion, this looks like it is 40 days to receive case from USCIS and then 60 days to process and then send to embassy, per visa journey. So average time currently for it to get to NVC and then get sent to embassy is close to 90 days. Sigh. 

347274039_WhatsAppImage2023-01-22at11_39_54.jpg.d922080da9cc8615dced4f848cd982a6.jpg

Edited by SeaSing

Timeline
4 hours ago, SeaSing said:

In further discussion, this looks like it is 40 days to receive case from USCIS and then 60 days to process and then send to embassy, per visa journey. So average time currently for it to get to NVC and then get sent to embassy is close to 90 days. Sigh. 

Well not exactly, think about it this way, NVC is still doing case creation from what was received by them mid to late November. It wouldn't matter if USCIS did express overnight delivery. By the time they catch up, the new cases would have already arrived. They're not sitting there twidling their thumbs until they receive cases. So it doesn't make sense to just add those numbers up and say that's how long it takes for it to get to the embassy. 45-60 days for case creation, then it gets sent to the embassy, which is like a week tops.

Edited by badwolfxi

Timeline
22 minutes ago, badwolfxi said:

Well not exactly, think about it this way, NVC is still doing case creation from what was received by them mid to late November. It wouldn't matter if USCIS did express overnight delivery. By the time they catch up, the new cases would have already arrived. They're not sitting there twidling their thumbs until they receive cases. So it doesn't make sense to just add those numbers up and say that's how long it takes for it to get to the embassy. 45-60 days for case creation, then it gets sent to the embassy, which is like a week tops.

Ok I redid the math and I believe you are correct. Unfortunately I cannot edit my previous post but the 45-60 days looks correct going off of VJ's data above. 

Timeline

We got our NOA2 on Jan 12th, from what I can tell it'll likely be end of March/start of April before we can do much.

Question about the petition expiry date, is this something I should keep in mind to avoid catastrophe or is it essentially just the latest the NVC can send our case to the embassy?

Also, read conflicting info about what the notice I'll get in the mail will contain when the NVC sends our case to the embassy, some sources say the notice will have the time and date of the interview and some say I'll only get the interview date *after* filing my form/medical/background check. Does anyone know which it is?

Timeline
On 1/23/2023 at 3:22 PM, Inveigh said:

Hi all and CONGRATS WE MADE IT🎊🎊🎊

NOA2 APPROVAL 01/11/23

Do you guys know what's next in store for us and the wait times well have to endure? Let me know everybody

USCIS is now sending your approved package to NVC. Average for them to receive it is around 40 days right now with the average for receive + process being about 58 days (per visa journey). I have seen someone people confirm it was received after only 30 days, and some seeing it processed within 45 total. 

Edited by SeaSing

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.