JojoandTomas

JANUARY 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

261 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
16 hours ago, Spirit_In_Red said:

Disregard, I'm just dumb and the initial link took me to the info/help part of the site, and not the interview/account register part.

Made an interview appointment for May 24th!

Do we need to take the packet 3 that the send to the interview, if you know?

I will be taking the checklist and all the items in there. But they don't need the actual packet 3 letter right?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, Yori5 said:

I am still not able to see my package, do you think it is normal? 

I don't know much about the shipping process, but the last shipment to Ethiopia was on April 6, and no other packages were sent that day. So it seems that perhaps Ethiopia has a slightly different shipping cadence than the majority of consulates. I would give it another week before becoming too concerned.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
8 hours ago, kardib said:

I will be taking the checklist and all the items in there. But they don't need the actual packet 3 letter right?

Maybe, maybe not! We got a folder to just organize everything into to bring for the interview. We'll bring it just in case. 

Timeline
21 hours ago, kardib said:

To my knowledge, no, you don't need the Packet 3 letter itself. Just the items you checked off on the checklist. That said, there's no harm in bringing something if you're not 100% sure. I'm making a folder of the very specific "You Must Bring X" stuff but also gonna have a second folder of anything else I've gotten just to be absolutely sure that I didn't overlook or misread anything.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, Spirit_In_Red said:

To my knowledge, no, you don't need the Packet 3 letter itself. Just the items you checked off on the checklist. That said, there's no harm in bringing something if you're not 100% sure. I'm making a folder of the very specific "You Must Bring X" stuff but also gonna have a second folder of anything else I've gotten just to be absolutely sure that I didn't overlook or misread anything.

Hmm that's fair. I ask as I never received a packet 3 letter. I do have the checklist and everything.

I don't see any mentions that you need the letter though.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 4/13/2023 at 6:20 PM, Yori5 said:

I am still not able to see my package, do you think it is normal? 

I've finally seen a package be sent to Ethiopia, fingers crossed your case is in it! https://mydhl.express.dhl/il/en/tracking.html#/results?id=JD0030110676217614

Timeline

Big transit day for NVC to Embassy -- I've started collating the tracking links here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/148iPtWYES27nsbzoaG7i0oJOnOKKVOlIlXXvod8dtsE/edit#gid=1476395101&range=A373

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Oman
Timeline
23 minutes ago, meladee said:

Big transit day for NVC to Embassy -- I've started collating the tracking links here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/148iPtWYES27nsbzoaG7i0oJOnOKKVOlIlXXvod8dtsE/edit#gid=1476395101&range=A373

So they ship K1 cases almost every few days to different embassies? They dont really follow the shipping calender thats been going around on groups? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Kiran C said:

So they ship K1 cases almost every few days to different embassies? They dont really follow the shipping calender thats been going around on groups? 

I'm pretty sure it's two different things actually.

The calendar is for USCIS to NVC. This is for NVC to embassy.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Naterson said:

I'm pretty sure it's two different things actually.

The calendar is for USCIS to NVC. This is for NVC to embassy.

There's alot of confusion regarding the same on the groups.. but every one seems to agree that the calendar is for NVC to embassy. But then looking at this file I am not sure anymore.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Kiran C said:

There's alot of confusion regarding the same on the groups.. but every one seems to agree that the calendar is for NVC to embassy. But then looking at this file I am not sure anymore.. 

I'm still a good ways away from this phase so I had only casually looked. You're right, it's supposed to be NVC to embassy, but maybe it's more complicated than the calendar depending on the receiving embassy and that's why it's so different.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Kiran C said:

They ship on most days, but the BIG days are consistent with the calendar.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, meladee said:

They ship on most days, but the BIG days are consistent with the calendar.

Thanks for the update 🙂.. how can we get an access to this file on a daily basis? Is it being put on a particular group daily ? Since I'm currently waiting for my case number I would like to keep a track 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Kiran C said:

Thanks for the update 🙂.. how can we get an access to this file on a daily basis? Is it being put on a particular group daily ? Since I'm currently waiting for my case number I would like to keep a track 

I update the same sheet daily for my own nerdy and bored reasons, so feel free to just save the link!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.