JojoandTomas

JANUARY 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

261 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

What's the latest on NVC?

Our NOA2 approval date is January 25, 2023, but I have yet to hear from NVC about case being received or forward to the embassy. 

I tried sending an email through the public inquiry but all I got was a generic response that they'll send a letter when it's forwarded. How can I know it's been received and is at the NVC?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
35 minutes ago, kardib said:

What's the latest on NVC?

Our NOA2 approval date is January 25, 2023, but I have yet to hear from NVC about case being received or forward to the embassy. 

I tried sending an email through the public inquiry but all I got was a generic response that they'll send a letter when it's forwarded. How can I know it's been received and is at the NVC?

How long ago in the process did you send an inquiry? I sent one earlier on and got the same generic response you did but then I sent a 2nd one which was around the 44 day mark and they replied with my case #. I then received the official letter with case # a few days after that. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, SeaSing said:

How long ago in the process did you send an inquiry? I sent one earlier on and got the same generic response you did but then I sent a 2nd one which was around the 44 day mark and they replied with my case #. I then received the official letter with case # a few days after that. 

44 day mark from the NOA2?

I sent it last week, March 1st to be exact. That was around 37 days after NOA2. 

Did you get the letter that the case was created or that it was forward to the embassy? I'm a bit confused on that. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, kardib said:

44 day mark from the NOA2?

I sent it last week, March 1st to be exact. That was around 37 days after NOA2. 

Did you get the letter that the case was created or that it was forward to the embassy? I'm a bit confused on that. 

NVC sent me (petitioner) the official email on Mar 1 which included the attachment letter with the case id # and stating they were sending it to the embassy. This was not in response to a public inquiry.

However, I had sent a public inquiry a few days before in which they provided the case id# only to me. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, SeaSing said:

NVC sent me (petitioner) the official email on Mar 1 which included the attachment letter with the case id # and stating they were sending it to the embassy. This was not in response to a public inquiry.

However, I had sent a public inquiry a few days before in which they provided the case id# only to me. 

What email did you send the inquiry?

I sent an email out to `NVCINQUIRY@state.gov` and got this response:

Dear Sir/Madam:

Thank you for contacting the National Visa Center (NVC). This is an automatically generated email response. Please do not reply to this email.

In order to ensure your private information is protected, NVC will only respond to inquiries received through the Public Inquiry Form at https://nvc.state.gov/inquiry. If you submitted your inquiry directly to this email address, please resubmit at https://nvc.state.gov/inquiry in order to receive a response.

I just hope they're moving forward.

When did you receive your NOA2?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 minute ago, SeaSing said:

Okay, the exact thing happened to me, and then within a week I got an update with my case number and that it was sent to the consulate for the next step. When I spoke with a live agent from USCIS, they had told me my case hadn't even been sent to the NVC, so i was under the impression it was still with USCIS but that wasn't true I guess. Stressed me out for nothing, thinking my case was falling behind..

Timeline
1 minute ago, kardib said:

What email did you send the inquiry?

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html I used the public inquiry form.

NOA2 was Jan 16th. You can view my timeline to see dates. I am at least a week ahead of you if your NOA2 is 1/25/23. I also received a generic response from NVC the first public inquiry I sent. Agree that USCIS is useless as they told me my case was showing as having not left USCIS when I chatted with a live agent. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
23 hours ago, Kiana & Katarina said:

how do you do that?

You head on to https://mydhl.express.dhl/ie/en/tracking.html#/track-by-reference

Enter the reference number on the day that you think your case was transferred.

Example 02 March 2023, so you put it like: EXP 02 MAR 2023A

Then you change the date range from the days you think your case was shipped, then choose the country where your case is being sent to.

All these are included in the PDF attached on the very first comment of this thread. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
10 hours ago, SeaSing said:

Try sending another inquiry. For our case, I started sending one at 30 days according to the format that the moderators made from this website. We got a case number after about 40+ days then our case was sent the following week.

Timeline
58 minutes ago, SeaSing said:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html I used the public inquiry form.

NOA2 was Jan 16th. You can view my timeline to see dates. I am at least a week ahead of you if your NOA2 is 1/25/23. I also received a generic response from NVC the first public inquiry I sent. Agree that USCIS is useless as they told me my case was showing as having not left USCIS when I chatted with a live agent. 

Ah I see.

How did you know that they assigned the case #, etc. on Feb 22? Was that included in the email?

I would hope that it is close now.. but let's see when I hear back. They're current on their timelines but not hearing anything is definitely weird.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, kardib said:

Ah I see.

How did you know that they assigned the case #, etc. on Feb 22? Was that included in the email?

I would hope that it is close now.. but let's see when I hear back. They're current on their timelines but not hearing anything is definitely weird.

The NVC Case # will have numbers in it and from those numbers you can determine the date the case number was created.

https://www.justia.com/dictionary/case-number/#:~:text=The National Visa Center (NVC,%2C CDJ for Ciudad Juarez).

Check out the google doc/pdf linked in the very 1st post in this thread on page 1 and it will tell you how to figure out the date your case was created (page 13 of the pdf)

Edited by SeaSing

Timeline
12 minutes ago, SeaSing said:

The NVC Case # will have numbers in it and from those numbers you can determine the date the case number was created.

https://www.justia.com/dictionary/case-number/#:~:text=The National Visa Center (NVC,%2C CDJ for Ciudad Juarez).

Check out the google doc/pdf linked in the very 1st post in this thread on page 1 and it will tell you how to figure out the date your case was created (page 13 of the pdf)

Oh cool.

Hope to hear soon and can check accordingly! Thank you for all your help 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
5 hours ago, SeaSing said:

I made several inquiries to NVC and they told me they havent got my case from USCIS. So I asked USCIS and the live agent told me they didn´t see any data showing case´s sent as well...

A little bit worried and wondering why my case got on hold lol...

NOA 2 is Jan 31st 🥴

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hey guys!

Just got an email from the NVC in response to an enquire I sent, saying:

We forwarded your immigrant visa petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate on 01-MAR-2023.”

But I’m confused because I don’t have a case number and wasn’t given one in the email. Does anyone know why? Do I maybe not need one for my country (New Zealand)? I guess I maybe don’t even need it since they said they’ve already sent it to my embassy haha! I’m confused can I celebrate?! 😅🙌

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.