rich rich

Affidavit of support

32 posts in this topic

Lawyer talks about using a bond as a last resort if you can't get a joint sponsor.

The immigration officer handbook mentions this but it's unclear who requests to post the bond, the sponsor or immigration officer.  Has anyone used this?  Seems like an informal kind of deal, there doesn't appear to be any additional forms to fill out.

I have never seen anyone on this site post a bond in 17 years.  
If you can post a bond shouldn’t you be able to qualify on assets?  Build a timeline or advise where you are in this process if you wish specific help.

Edited by iwannaplay54

23 minutes ago, iwannaplay54 said:

I have never seen anyone on this site post a bond in 17 years.  
If you can post a bond shouldn’t you be able to qualify on assets?  Build a timeline or advise where you are in this process if you wish specific help.

Still waiting for noa2. Just looking down the road

2 minutes ago, Mike E said:

https://www.uscis.gov/i-945

If we determine that an applicant is deter inadmissible based on the public charge ground, but is otherwise admissible, the applicant may be admitted in the discretion of the secretary of homeland security after posting a suitable and proper bond. Before an applicant may post a public charge bond (on Form I-945), we must invite them to do so.”

Good luck with that. 

Lots of erroneous advice being posted by lawyers these days. 

Thanks Mike

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
  • Determined you were inadmissible on the public charge grounds (INA 212(a)(4)); and
  • Notified you that you may submit a public charge bond. 

We will reject this form if we have not notified you that you may submit a public charge bond. 

don't think i have ever heard the bond being offered 

u can afford a lawyer but think u need a bond??

understand the bond if determined u may use one can be expensive as the amount is determined by the agency

i would consider to get a 2nd job or a joint sponsor

this is the same lawyer who told u to overstay a tourist visa and AOS 

45 minutes ago, Mike E said:

we must invite them to do so.”

Good luck with that

We have not heard of public charge bonds , since it’s they came into existence w the Trump Public Charge so 2019 . 

CDJ revoked I-601 A s by the truckload on public charge grounds and refused to hand out “ Invitations”. 

Like @Mike E points out…an Invitation may be as rare as a Willy Wonka Golden Ticket. 

9 hours ago, rich rich said:

Lawyer talks about using a bond as a last resort if you can't get a joint sponsor.

The immigration officer handbook mentions this but it's unclear who requests to post the bond, the sponsor or immigration officer.  Has anyone used this?  Seems like an informal kind of deal, there doesn't appear to be any additional forms to fill out.

If you are worried about this for the I-134, what will you do for the I-865 when it comes time to AOS?   Time to get a job or find a joint sponsor.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Family said:

Like @Mike E points out…an Invitation may be as rare as a Willy Wonka Golden Ticket. 

There were 5 golden tickets. I doubt there have been as many invitations from USCIS to post a public charge bond.

I like the idea of public charge bonds versus the  I-864 system. 

On 12/25/2022 at 11:31 PM, Jorgedig said:

If you are worried about this for the I-134, what will you do for the I-865 when it comes time to AOS?   Time to get a job or find a joint sponsor.

Why do you feel the need to post negative, unconstructive comments?

Edited by rich rich

On 12/25/2022 at 11:20 PM, JeanneAdil said:
  • Determined you were inadmissible on the public charge grounds (INA 212(a)(4)); and
  • Notified you that you may submit a public charge bond. 

We will reject this form if we have not notified you that you may submit a public charge bond. 

don't think i have ever heard the bond being offered 

u can afford a lawyer but think u need a bond??

understand the bond if determined u may use one can be expensive as the amount is determined by the agency

i would consider to get a 2nd job or a joint sponsor

this is the same lawyer who told u to overstay a tourist visa and AOS 

No I can't afford a lawyer, I can barely afford to post on this free forum.

Bond is easier.  You want to be my cosponsor?

Edited by rich rich

8 minutes ago, rich rich said:

Why do you feel the need to post negative, unconstructive comments?

🤷🏼‍♀️.  Why are all of your posts about looking for ways game  the system or look for loopholes? 

1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

🤷🏼‍♀️.  Why are all of your posts about looking for ways game  the system or look for loopholes? 

Oh, so this is personal.  How is this a loophole?

I see you got your noa2 in 7 months. The wait time is double that now. You wouldn't want to find a legal way to speed things up?

You should think more and talk less. Keep the negatively to yourself

Just now, rich rich said:

Oh, so this is personal.  How is this a loophole?

I see you got your noa2 in 7 months. The wait time is double that now. You wouldn't want to find a legal way to speed things up?

You should think more and talk less. Keep the negatively to yourself

Anyone is free to comment here on VJ.  

We did, but that was in 2018.   We are no strangers to waiting;  as you will see, there are many other components to the overall process that require waiting.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one post removed for tos violation
- Attempt to bypass the Forums language filter through the use of alternative characters to spell profanities or through the posting of images containing profanity.

cease the bickering or the ban hammer gets swung.

charles

vj moderation

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 minutes ago, rich rich said:

Sounds reasonable. But then USCIS might miss out on some of their revenue, ha. They made a whole TV series pretty much mocking the entire k1 process.

Sounds like you have a w2 job. Some people with small businesses don't have it that straightforward, especially if you run a capital intensive business like real estate. They're not CPAs. All they go by is AGI. 

Did you know that BILLIONAIRE Drumpf, whose in-laws seemed to have some gotten some preferential treatment in terms of immigration, had NEGATIVE income on his taxes for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020? 

You specifically address spouse/fiancees. What is your wife wants to bring her parents? What if they're elderly? Should there be a different formula calculating their possible burden on tax payers? Old people cost more right? They don't work, they need more medical care. 

As a taxpayer I'm very much against anyone getting a free ride. But when there are so many messed up things government wastes money on, this isn't even a rounding error

above post removed and returned to view as it quoted a post containing a TOS violation

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.