zamardii12

Have no idea where we are in this process and it's infuriating.

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

I called USCIS and they could only tell me they forwarded our case to the NVC back in 2018s. NVC tells me in a response to when I asked about this using their 'Public Inquiry Form" that I need to contact the consulate and i'm like "what does our consulate have to do with getting the 2nd interview done?"

We received two green card extensions during COVID... we did our first interview a while ago and waiting for the second... nobody can tell me what our status is. I am afraid the green card will expire and we haven't been told anything about a second interview or anything. What should I do to get a actual status update? The USCIS account online only says the same thing that our case was approved back in 2018... we've had our first interview already but waiting on second. 

Edited by zamardii12

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

Please update your visa journey timeline.  

Has I-485 been filed?

Edited by Mike E

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Please update your visa journey timeline.  

Has I-485 been filed?  

I-485 was filed back in 2018.  i-751 was received by USCIS January of 2021. Had fingerprints done July of 2021 and that is the last thing that was done. Haven't heard anything since. 

Edited by zamardii12

8 minutes ago, zamardii12 said:

I-485 was filed back in 2018.  i-751 was received by USCIS January of 2021. Had fingerprints done July of 2021 and that is the last thing that was done. Haven't heard anything since. 

Did you check processing times for your service center? Is your case outside of normal processing times?

You can tell somewhat accurately where you are in line by using Android app CaseTrack. You can scan cases around yours to see if anybody got approved in your "batch".

Edited by OldUser

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
6 minutes ago, zamardii12 said:

You likely spine to a tier 1 officer on the phone.  They usually know nothing. At  least by our  tier 1 officer didn’t under achieve 

Call USCIS again, say info pass and request a tier 2 officer call you.  

Your problem when speaking w USCIS is the choice of words you use. ..

For example in your previous posts and this one , you keep referring to a “ second interview “ when it is actually a “ first” specific to the I-751. 

The bit about the “ NVC” tells me that USCIS rep was telling you about the old  I-129 F , so don’t get discouraged it’s common to have confusing conversations w tier one reps.

Every time you inquire about your case, say you are following up on the I-751 .

Did you fly to Hungary as planned ? 

44 minutes ago, zamardii12 said:

I called USCIS and they could only tell me they forwarded our case to the NVC back in 2018s. NVC tells me in a response to when I asked about this using their 'Public Inquiry Form" that I need to contact the consulate and i'm like "what does our consulate have to do with getting the 2nd interview done?"

We received two green card extensions during COVID... we did our first interview a while ago and waiting for the second... nobody can tell me what our status is. I am afraid the green card will expire and we haven't been told anything about a second interview or anything. What should I do to get a actual status update? The USCIS account online only says the same thing that our case was approved back in 2018... we've had our first interview already but waiting on second. 

Hard to tell where you are.  You adjusted status in 2018, and have received two extensions.  Does that mean your AOS was approved?  
What interview are you referring to.  I485?
You filed ROC (I751) in 2020?  From your description it seems like you are waiting for approval on lifting conditions and that has been taking FOREVER lately.

NOTE:  NVC won’t have anything to do with this, they process the file to be sent to overseas posts for visa processing.  Once in the US your case is with USCIS.

Edited by iwannaplay54

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Call USCIS again, say info pass and request a tier 2 officer call you.  

Could you clarify this a little? Do I say "Info Pass" to the automated system? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

As others have stated, your timeline in the first post is not clear, so probably the officer is also confused (but alas! even if they are not confused, tier 1 officers do not know much about your case).

Your last update was the biometrics.. in 2021. People have been waiting longer than that. Have you filed for N400?

If the extension letter expires, you can get an I-551 appointment. About 30 days prior to expiration, call and say "info pass". If you want to know what's the hold up, request a tier 2 officer.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

6 minutes ago, Alsharai said:

How do I do that? I have the app, but it says “Invalid Start Receipt Number” every time I enter my case number! 

Do you enter three letter + digits? For example:

WAC2290021000

It should be exactly as on your I-797 with no gaps. 

If case number works here, it will work in the app:

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do

Edited by OldUser

42 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Do you enter three letter + digits? For example:

WAC2290021000

It should be exactly as on your I-797 with no gaps. 

If case number works here, it will work in the app:

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do

It worked. Thank you!

All cases in my batch have been approved and issued Naturalization Cert, except for mine and one more. That feels somewhat depressing!

Edited by Alsharai

14 minutes ago, Alsharai said:

It worked. Thank you!

All cases in my batch have been approved and issued Naturalization Cert, except for mine and one more. That feels somewhat depressing!

Which case were you checking? I though you were saying I-751 hasn't been adjudicated yet. So need to check I-751 cases around yours.

N-400 cases around yours may never had pending I-751. They may be not based on marriage at all.

Edited by OldUser

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.