KSVJ

December 2022 - AOS Filers

202 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
7 hours ago, zedag said:

We sent in our documents early December and did biometrics yesterday, and the EAD card status changed yesterday to card being produced! And for our main documents, it says now "actively being reviewed" as of yesterday. Anyone else have that too? I wonder what that means exactly. For the i129f, we got an email status response one time that said they're actively reviewing but it still took another 9 months after that to get the visa so I have little trust in this "active review".

I think most of people get their status changed to actively reviewed after biometrics. This could become an RFE or an approval. In relation to timeline, could be a couple of months, could be a few more. There is no way of telling, as there is some incosistency around it currently.

Just an update, have not received any text messages and my check is still not cashed

They received my package on the 27th.

Has anyone here that filed after Christmas received their NOA text or got they checks cashed?

USCIS tweeted this on Dec 30th but I don't know if they are referring to text notifications or mailing out the NOA

"Receipt notifications for all properly filed petitions are currently in the process of being mailed out. The intake of the supplemental petitions, along with the issuance of receipt notices, was delayed 5 business days from the date of the first proper filings."

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, joaovily said:

Just an update, have not received any text messages and my check is still not cashed

Has anyone here that filed after Christmas received their NOA text or got they checks cashed?

USCIS tweeted this on Dec 30th but I don't know if they are referring to text notifications or mailing out the NOA

"Receipt notifications for all properly filed petitions are currently in the process of being mailed out. The intake of the supplemental petitions, along with the issuance of receipt notices, was delayed 5 business days from the date of the first proper filings."

They received mine on dec 31st still no text for me I’m hoping I’ll get it  next week and I’m assuming they don’t issue text notices on Saturday’s right?

14 minutes ago, Zzdem said:

They received mine on dec 31st still no text for me I’m hoping I’ll get it  next week and I’m assuming they don’t issue text notices on Saturday’s right?

I assume no. I am refiling my package, they were still fast back in dec 15, the turnaround was like 3 days. I sent my moms package and they received on the 8th and got a text on the 13th

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
On 1/4/2023 at 7:23 PM, Fil&Em said:

You can create an account on USPS and you will have an option under the tab receive to sign up for Informed Delivery.

USCIS should inform you of your tracking code, in any case, as soon as the case status changes to Card Was Picked Up by USPS.

I was able to do this and now I see my package! It'll be arriving next Monday. Thanks

Timeline
On 1/5/2023 at 10:37 AM, Lorca1 said:

Hello everyone. 

Great to see so much forward movement in these next steps. 

We sent our AOS in along with the other suggested appications on 12.19.22 and saw through the USP tracking service that it got picked up on 12.22.22 by a guy called Mike. 

I haven't recieved any email, text or physcial mail to let us know that they have received it. 

I know it's been christmas etc but still think it's a bit odd we haven't had any confirmation they've got it safely. 

Anyone else been waiting a while for confimation? 

Thanks in advance

My NOA1s took a bit more than the rest of the people because I sent my case to a USCIS Processing Center (Nebraska) instead of a lockbox. When I called them asking if everything was ok they told me that it can pass up to 30 days for them to process the application packages, and 15 days for a lockbox. Hopefully you will have news soon! Also, I sent mine during Thanksgiving. So that could also made things slower, I don't know.

Edited by M&L🇺🇸

Timeline
13 hours ago, Shay2022 said:

Hi. My husband and I will be out of state for my bio date. Can I walk in early to get it done. We are in Oklahoma City. 

If you don't have anything to loose you could give it a try, in this forum some people commented their experiences in different cities across the country. Maybe helps, but don't let your appointment pass as it could take months to have it re-scheduled. Also, they are not going to let other people apart of you to assist to your appointment.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
19 hours ago, Zzdem said:

What case number do you use to view more recent cases 

When you receive your NOAs they have the case numbers that’s start with IOE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
12 hours ago, joaovily said:

We sent ours in 12/23 and they received on 12/27 didn’t get the text alert until 1/4. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

We filed ours Dec 22 and it was received Dec 28 (exactly 2 years to the date they received our I-129F, thanks so much COVID delays) and our NOA1 was in the mail on 01/07. Biometrics scheduled for 01/25. I had a question, I noticed some people here saying their NOA1 had a priority date at the top, and some don't. Ours has a priority date, 01/04. What does this mean? 

Edited by AishaniA93

we last saw each other: March 2020
I-129F sent: 12/24/2020

USCIS received: 12/29/2020

NOA1 notice date: 2/27/2021

NOA1 receipt date (backdated): 12/28/2020

NOA2: 08/11/2021

NOA2 paper copy: 08/18/2021

NVC received: 08/25/2021

NVC number issued: 09/01/2021

On 1/6/2023 at 8:09 PM, joaovily said:

I assume no. I am refiling my package, they were still fast back in dec 15, the turnaround was like 3 days. I sent my moms package and they received on the 8th and got a text on the 13th

Just got my application back in the mail today. They claim I filed on a outdated version of the form, which is not true since I used the 12/23/2022 edition. I called customer support and they said it could be because my signature was dated on 12/21, 2 days before the edition date. Has anybody here signed before the edition date and got approved? Do you guys think they were being unreasonable on denying me?

3 hours ago, joaovily said:

Just got my application back in the mail today. They claim I filed on a outdated version of the form, which is not true since I used the 12/23/2022 edition. I called customer support and they said it could be because my signature was dated on 12/21, 2 days before the edition date. Has anybody here signed before the edition date and got approved? Do you guys think they were being unreasonable on denying me?

This is very tricky. I was using old forms until end and caught it during the final check. In my view, this should not be the reason for denying as there is nothing much update in  recent version

Edited by Punjab meri jaan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.