Hopeful2022

Reapplying for petition

97 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Family said:

Please take a moment and post all the questions ( verbatim or close to) that you were asked at secondary and how long the interaction took…

1. How long I was gone

2. the reason why I’m gone that long

3. Why I didn’t renew my GC right away

4. they asked all the purpose of travel for each trips I had in the PHIL 

5. They asked why I want to return to the usa

6. do I have family here, who are they 

7. what I did in the PHIL for all those years I was gone

8. what are my ties to the usa

They kept asking some of the questions over and over again

I was in secondary for 6 hours. The room was crowded. They looked at all the documents and records I brought. They inspected my luggages and hand carry. They told me that they will deport me right away and that I should start looking for flight back since my GC is no longer valid even with the i 797. Then I was told I will face the immigration judge. They were really scary. I have never been arrested in my life and during that time I felt like I committed a crime. After all the interrogation I waited for another 45 mins and they made me sign the i 193. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
7 hours ago, Hopeful2022 said:

They told me that they will deport me right away

Lots of bluster and lies intended to break your spirit.  Total violation of policy.  What was the port of entry?

9 hours ago, Hopeful2022 said:
10 hours ago, Family said:

Please take a moment and post all the questions ( verbatim or close to) that you were asked at secondary and how long the interaction took…

1. How long I was gone

2. the reason why I’m gone that long

3. Why I didn’t renew my GC right away

4. they asked all the purpose of travel for each trips I had in the PHIL 

5. They asked why I want to return to the usa

6. do I have family here, who are they 

7. what I did in the PHIL for all those years I was gone

8. what are my ties to the usa

They kept asking some of the questions over and over again

I was in secondary for 6 hours. The room was crowded. They looked at all the documents and records I brought. They inspected my luggages and hand carry. They told me that they will deport me right away and that I should start looking for flight back since my GC is no longer valid even with the i 797. Then I was told I will face the immigration judge. They were really scary. I have never been arrested in my life and during that time I felt like I committed a crime. After all the interrogation I waited for another 45 mins and they made me sign the i 193. 

Did they ask for or take your phone at anytime?

Was there one Officer asking you questions or more than one?

Did you think anyone in the room was in a worse situation than you? 

45 minutes ago, Family said:

Did they ask for or take your phone at anytime?

Was there one Officer asking you questions or more than one?

Did you think anyone in the room was in a worse situation than you? 

They didn’t take my phone

there were 3 CBP

There were tourists in the room and I saw some of them were crying. I knew there were tourists because they don’t speak English 

3 hours ago, Mike E said:

Frame it and post it in your bed  room as a daily reminder of what not to do.  

You should develop future habits that avoid the need to file I-193 in the future. So stop leaving the USA for a long time and stop letting your I-551 expire while abroad.  

I think you should stay in the USA for 5 straight years and file for naturalization 

Yes. I learned my lesson. I want to be USC someday

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Hopeful2022 said:

Would biometric appointment ask me why I did not renew my green card and let it expire? 

Nope. All the ASC does is take the letter , check your ID and do biometrics .. fingerprints and photo 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Hopeful2022 said:

Would biometric appointment ask me why I did not renew my green card and let it expire? 

22 hours ago, Hopeful2022 said:

What do I do with the i 193? Am I supposed to bring in the biometrics? 

Im confused

Did they take the original and payment at secondary ? Or do you now have to file it. You have to be given a biometrics  appointment not just turn up at the ASC  

or did the signed I193 just a “ formality “ ? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.