Vickifree

November 2022 submission

237 posts in this topic

I finally got an update from NVC regarding my I-864. 

They have requested I resubmit the form and this time change Part 8, section 6.B (the date) to a handwritten date. Despite the i-864 PDF making you select the date from a dropdown menu.

NVC good job. Very professional.

Original submission was on 11 November.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
1 hour ago, navd-0 said:

They have requested I resubmit the form and this time change Part 8, section 6.B (the date) to a handwritten date. Despite the i-864 PDF making you select the date from a dropdown menu.

And from me they want a statement that I don't have income, even though I did write it's 0 in the current income field, sigh...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
2 hours ago, navd-0 said:

Your signature was handwritten, but the date was not. And they still issued the RFE. Is that correct?

Edited by Jordanian Bride

1 hour ago, Jordanian Bride said:

Your signature was handwritten, but the date was not. And they still issued the RFE. Is that correct?

Absolutely.

I filled the date using the calendar date selection option on the PDF. It's literally inbuilt into their PDF!

Smells of BS.

See below for example.

image.png.0cccb925408b78517ee11d3cad169d49.png

Edited by navd-0

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
3 hours ago, navd-0 said:

Absolutely.

I filled the date using the calendar date selection option on the PDF. It's literally inbuilt into their PDF!

Smells of BS.

See below for example.

image.png.0cccb925408b78517ee11d3cad169d49.png

That is devastating! 😭😭

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
12 hours ago, mrmonk7663 said:

I got 2 messages in ceac.  One is DQ.  2nd is joint sponsor might be needed and consular Officer at interview will make decision.    I used assets to qualify.  From my understanding anyone who uses assets automatically gets the joint sponsor message.  Is this correct?

Yes 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

A moment ago I added the missing proof of income document to my ceac account, but I see that my section of documents status says 'Accepted' as before, I hope that they will indeed review it

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Got another RFE, because apparently they can't read the birth certificate. They rejected the firs one which is a digital/updated version and said I needed the other one. I uploaded the other one and because this is an original (1994 copy) they "can't" read it. This is ridiculous, I just want to cry !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey all, looks like NVC has been busy. I wonder if you can add me to your chart as well - submitted Nov 11th. 

We got an email Dec 19th but there was no update (message) in CEAC until today, Dec 28th. My husband is the sponsor and is working in Canada so he doesn't have a W-2 but they have requested this. I'm still looking around for advice on what to submit. He has T4s (Canadian W2 basically) obviously but not sure that will suffice. Any tips on this would be so appreciated. Good luck in everyone's journeys. 

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
14 minutes ago, rafadreyes said:

Got another RFE, because apparently they can't read the birth certificate. They rejected the firs one which is a digital/updated version and said I needed the other one. I uploaded the other one and because this is an original (1994 copy) they "can't" read it. This is ridiculous, I just want to cry !

Very sorry to hear this.  Good luck, I wish and pray you get DQ soon.  In the next try make sure to check once/twice to do it correctly.

Finally got to see the message on the ceac site from December 19.

Please sign and date this by hand in Part 8, Lines 6.a. and 6.b., and replace this form with a new Form I-864 by visiting https://www.uscis.gov/i-864.

This sucks I'm 100% sure I signed it.

I used a pdf filler so it was probably that.

Time to wait some more 

1 minute ago, J&R_NY said:

Finally got to see the message on the ceac site from December 19.

Please sign and date this by hand in Part 8, Lines 6.a. and 6.b., and replace this form with a new Form I-864 by visiting https://www.uscis.gov/i-864.

This sucks I'm 100% sure I signed it.

I used a pdf filler so it was probably that.

Time to wait some more 

Did you handwrite your signature??? Can't you download the existing document and see if you hand signed the signature?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.