mgonzalez8988

Left the country without I-551 stamp on my passport

77 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Mike E said:

Make them call the CBP phone number at the bottom of the Meo if they won’t board you. Also please name the airline so that we know to avoid that airline out of that airport. 

From what my husband is telling me this Airline AEROMEXICO is not willing to cooperate at all, they do not feel they have to do anything, so people do not use them, they could careless. 

you have a problem with your Aero Mexico flight, call 1-800-237-6639. You may also find helpful Contact Us information here. To write to CEO, Andres Conesa Labastida, you need to address your postal correspondence envelope with United States Customer Care, 3663 N. Sam Houston Pkwy E, Suite #500, Houston, Texas 77032. You may also email communication to customerrelations@aeromexico.com.

Founded in 1988 Aero Mexico slogan is ‘Mexico’s Global Airline’. Social presence may be found on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Pinterest.

Experienced poor service? File a complaint here!

26 minutes ago, mgonzalez8988 said:
2 hours ago, Mike E said:

Make them call the CBP phone number at the bottom of the Meo if they won’t board you. Also please name the airline so that we know to avoid that airline out of that airport. 

From what my husband is telling me this Airline AEROMEXICO is not willing to cooperate at all, they do not feel they have to do anything, so people do not use them, they could careless. 

You can call the CBP ( am assuming you are in US) and perhaps you will get a helpful Officer that can call airline desk where husband is stuck….

3 minutes ago, Family said:

you have a problem with your Aero Mexico flight, call 1-800-237-6639. You may also find helpful Contact Us information here. To write to CEO, Andres Conesa Labastida, you need to address your postal correspondence envelope with United States Customer Care, 3663 N. Sam Houston Pkwy E, Suite #500, Houston, Texas 77032. You may also email communication to customerrelations@aeromexico.com.

Founded in 1988 Aero Mexico slogan is ‘Mexico’s Global Airline’. Social presence may be found on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Pinterest.

I'm currently on the phone with them, I requested to speak to a Supervisor and the phone is just ringing and ringing.  I will write to them to let them know how unprofessional their staff is my husband said they were just laughing at him.  

20 minutes ago, mgonzalez8988 said:

I'm currently on the phone with them, I requested to speak to a Supervisor and the phone is just ringing and ringing.  I will write to them to let them know how unprofessional their staff is my husband said they were just laughing at him.  

When you write , stick to the urgency of your husband’s travel need, ask for Help . …otherwise they may ignore email for a while. 

31 minutes ago, Family said:

You can call the CBP ( am assuming you are in US) and perhaps you will get a helpful Officer that can call airline desk where husband is stuck….

I really appreciate everybody helping me, I just called CBP almost got my butt chewed off this is crazy, the lady who answered the phone told "why are you calling" this is only for the Airlines to verify immigration status.  I'm shocked at everybody's behavior.  The lady that answered the phone explained to me on how this really works, according to her she said the Airline can refuse to call them they do not have to verify nothing, she stated the Passport does need to have the stamp by immigration NO EXCUSE, she than stated IT'S WRITTEN ON THE LETTER!!.

I'm done, the other option my husband has is to go the Guatemala embassy and request a letter of transportation to come back home according to my husband that is a 6 month waiting period to even get an appointment. 

3 minutes ago, Family said:

Yes, I'm here in Texas. 

44 minutes ago, Family said:

Thank you for the info I will definitely write to him, really appreciated it. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Might have to suck it up, and book on another airline, or since you are in Texas, have aeromexico fly him to as close to the US border as possible, then he can walk across and present himself to CBP directly, then once he gets into the US, you can meet him at POE.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

The staff of Aeromexico told me that the letter i797 said that I have 18 months from the last stamp , and the last stamp expired 3 months ago. The stamp on my passport expired on March 2020 . What can I do. They don't allow me to fly from Guatemala.

46 minutes ago, Loren Y said:

Might have to suck it up, and book on another airline, or since you are in Texas, have aeromexico fly him to as close to the US border as possible, then he can walk across and present himself to CBP directly, then once he gets into the US, you can meet him at POE.

That is exactly what a friend suggested.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

What your husband is going through is absolutely ridiculous. I flew back from Colombia in May with my expired green card and the 24-month extension letter. The airline agents would just take a look at the green card and notice it was expired and ask for the letter. That was it. I was using American Airlines. No need for a stamp on my passport whatsoever.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
10 hours ago, mgonzalez8988 said:

According to Wikipedia, out of Guatemala City airport one can fly non stop to the USA on American Airlines, Delta, and United as well as JetBlue, Frontier, and Spirit.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
8 hours ago, davidm4rt1n3z said:

The staff of Aeromexico told me that the letter i797 said that I have 18 months from the last stamp , and the last stamp expired 3 months ago. The stamp on my passport expired on March 2020 . What can I do. They don't allow me to fly from Guatemala.

1. Are you OP’s husband?

2. what is the expiration date on your green card?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.