BOKURAGAITA

K2 follow to join valid reason to expedite my AP?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good day everyone!

I called the USCIS and requested to expedite my AP (K2 FTJ) we are expecting to bring my children later this year. We don't have plans yet and can't make one without AP.

The USCIS asked me what my reason and purpose are to expedite and obviously to travel back and forth for their medical exam, visa interview and bring them to the US and she responded like she didn't know it's possible to expedite my AP in such circumstances. Anyway, I was on hold for 55mins or over an hour just to talk to someone and I'm glad I did, that why I'm anxious and couldn't make a proper question. So, I have to wait 7 days for their (USCIS) response I hope it goes well. I'm curious how many here in VJ expedite their AP to travel back to their home country and bring their children in the US, my husband was frustrated and said, "they should have known that you need to bring your children later this year cos the consul asked you that during your visa interview". My parents couldn't handle the travelling for my children's processing due to their old age and the risk of covid too. 

Thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

First time I have heard of someone applying on that basis

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Boiler said:

First time I have heard of someone applying on that basis

I apologize. I'm a K1 and filed my AOS on Mar 2022 with AP and I can't leave the US without Advance Parole or I'm abandoning my AOS

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

It could go either way, depends on the reviewing officer. One could argue that the K2 follow up was a choice by K1 holder and was foreseen well ahead of the k1 interview and so not eligible for the expedite. The other could argue that since k2 has to immigrate within 12 months of K1 visa date so could be eligible depending on how long it's been. 

Did you provide anything? Unless uscis sees an interview appointment for K2, it may not see a reason to expedite even if it wants to.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Timeline
16 minutes ago, arken said:

It could go either way, depends on the reviewing officer. One could argue that the K2 follow up was a choice by K1 holder and was foreseen well ahead of the k1 interview and so not eligible for the expedite. The other could argue that since k2 has to immigrate within 12 months of K1 visa date so could be eligible depending on how long it's been. 

Did you provide anything? Unless uscis sees an interview appointment for K2, it may not see a reason to expedite even if it wants to.

Hello, when I filed my AP my husband and I we provide documents needed and a letter telling why our case is unique and explained why we need an AP. The lady on the line gave me a service referal number and wait 7 business days for an email if they might ask for another proof or no more proof. 

Timeline
26 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

who should have known?

embassy is only in charge of interviews and visa approval

they have no way to know when you marry and when u apply for the remainder of the entire process

they are not privy to information past what is  provided to them

and they are not in charge of the AOS step nor have influence over what happens after they issue the visa

Yes i know, thats why i paused my husband and said its a different process getting an AP and AOS and getting a visa. 

Thanks.

Edited by BOKURAGAITA

Timeline
31 minutes ago, arken said:

In my uscis account there are documents uploaded for my AP and the lady on the phone when she checked it said that they will email me for more proof or usually no more proofs needed if something was uploaded in my acc. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
3 hours ago, BOKURAGAITA said:

In my uscis account there are documents uploaded for my AP and the lady on the phone when she checked it said that they will email me for more proof or usually no more proofs needed if something was uploaded in my acc. 

No supporting documents are required for AP based on AOS. If you provided anything while filing for AP, it may not be sufficient for the expedite that you requested over the phone. Anyway, just wait for the uscis to respond at this time.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

9 hours ago, BOKURAGAITA said:

I apologize. I'm a K1 and filed my AOS on Mar 2022 with AP and I can't leave the US without Advance Parole or I'm abandoning my AOS

Right, but we've not seen an AP expedite be granted for that reason.   Is there a reason you did not bring them with you?

9 hours ago, BOKURAGAITA said:

they should have known that you need to bring your children later this year cos the consul asked you that during your visa interview".

Or maybe you should have arranged to bring them over with you, rather than relying on an expedited AP?   You can't really blame USCIS or DOH for your poor planning.

8 hours ago, BOKURAGAITA said:

Hello, when I filed my AP my husband and I we provide documents needed and a letter telling why our case is unique and explained why we need an AP. The lady on the line gave me a service referal number and wait 7 business days for an email if they might ask for another proof or no more proof. 

There is no special evidence or supporting documentation needed when initially applying for AP with an underlying I485.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Right, but we've not seen an AP expedite be granted for that reason.   Is there a reason you did not bring them with you?

3 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

There is no special evidence or supporting documentation needed when initially applying for AP with an underlying I485.

We started our K1 before covid, everything in PH for the past 2 yrs has been difficult for us to travel without problems since every region has their own policy and hard to reach them since there are no contacts, I could ask for somebody who could help me especially but my Mom has cancer and my dad has to be with her and both of them are in their 60s and risky. Doing all these things with 3 children aged 9,6 and 5 is alot though my now husband wanted my children to come with me one way my parents asked if they could stay since we can FTJ them. My husband is unaware if the embassy knows or not, besides im only asking if someone in here has the experience since the lady  i talked to was very kind to fill things and asked further about the situation, yes there is no guarante and i apologize of not knowing, i will share my experience and what could be the verdict within 7 days from them (uscis). I went first so i could adjust to the new sorroundings since i will be spending more time as a housewife with kids if my husband is not around and 3 children is a lot to handle and my parents, especially my mom is okay after operation and manage to take good care of my children but travelling still a limit. 

Approve or not, im sure we can find a way to bring them here. I appreciate all your answers.

5 minutes ago, BOKURAGAITA said:

Approve or not, im sure we can find a way to bring them here. I appreciate all your answers.

With that background information on your mother’s health, they will approve the expedite. 
In case it, gets denied do an appeal of the denial ( it’s free and done through email). 

Also call/ email/  Google your congressman and download case authorization, ask for their help BOTH with an expedite for your AP and with Embassy to expedite appointment for children. 

Make sure to email the embassy . 

You can make it happen. Don’t give up . 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.