Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,034 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone,

I noticed in the letter for the interview below requirement is listed. Should I ask my employer for their "Federal Income Tax Return"?

"If a sponsor filed an I-864 (Affidavit of Support) AND provided NVC with proof of an IRS Federal
Income Tax Extension in lieu of a Federal Income Tax Return, you must bring the sponsor's most recent
Federal Income Tax Return to the visa interview."

1 hour ago, David San said:

Hello Everyone,

I noticed in the letter for the interview below requirement is listed. Should I ask my employer for their "Federal Income Tax Return"?

"If a sponsor filed an I-864 (Affidavit of Support) AND provided NVC with proof of an IRS Federal
Income Tax Extension in lieu of a Federal Income Tax Return, you must bring the sponsor's most recent
Federal Income Tax Return to the visa interview."

That is for I-130 family based petitions and not for I-140 employer based petitions

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am currently waiting for my interview in Montreal . I am a Canadian Citizen - can I make travel plans to the US. I am planning to go on a vacation and while I return the tickets turn out to be cheaper if I am flying through the US . My company lawyer mentioned that they generally advice clients to avoid  travelling to the US  during this period. But wanted to see if people here actually did or would  know of people that travelled.

2 hours ago, datafate said:

I am currently waiting for my interview in Montreal . I am a Canadian Citizen - can I make travel plans to the US. I am planning to go on a vacation and while I return the tickets turn out to be cheaper if I am flying through the US . My company lawyer mentioned that they generally advice clients to avoid  travelling to the US  during this period. But wanted to see if people here actually did or would  know of people that travelled.

I travelled through the land border without issue

3 hours ago, datafate said:

Just came back from a 2 weeks vacation in Florida, and drove across twice last year for day shopping trips . I think the attorney is talking about the perceived intent of the trip (as Border agents can see your pending EB visa request in their system), he doesn't want the border agent to think that you have immigration intent and thus try to ban you or refuse entry. 

Apologies if I am posting this query in wrong section. My EB5 petition was approved on February 28 and I am expecting CP at Montreal consulate. Is it true that all EB petitions are taking around 1.5 to 2 years for interview and visa at Montreal ?

Your response is much appreciated.

https://ca.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/consular-operations-updates/

This is montreals website of where they update what month they are working on in the backlog. Its updated once a month. They are currently on July 2022. So 20 months behind. So yes currently a 1.5-2 year delay. If you can go to any other embassy or apply using AOS it is highly recommended. 

38 minutes ago, dandelion1 said:

https://ca.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/consular-operations-updates/

This is montreals website of where they update what month they are working on in the backlog. Its updated once a month. They are currently on July 2022. So 20 months behind. So yes currently a 1.5-2 year delay. If you can go to any other embassy or apply using AOS it is highly recommended. 

Thank you for a quick response. I am Canadian citizen and principal applicant. My spouse holds Indian citizenship, can we request Mumbai CP ??

i am not residing in US so AOS is out of scope.

6 minutes ago, Dkat said:

Thank you for a quick response. I am Canadian citizen and principal applicant. My spouse holds Indian citizenship, can we request Mumbai CP ??

i am not residing in US so AOS is out of scope.

I'm also planning to move our EB1A case to Mumbai. One of us is OCI. 

You do it through the NVC public inquiry form requesting the transfer and attaching your proof of residency in that country.

Let's connect. Maybe we can learn from each other's experience with the transfer.

Sorry for @-ing too many people but :

@Mano001@Hannahblue13@KO7@xpei.1983@LAB_BD@neds

Have you received an interview letter from Montreal recently? Just checking in since apparently they sent out a batch of invites spanning a few months of DQs up to October 2022, and your DQ dates are close to or actually in that range. 🙏

On 2/9/2024 at 4:25 PM, David San said:

Just to let you all know, I got the invite for the interview as well for the first week of March.

I hope one of the Iranians who attended the interview can answer this question. Are they looking to see the new smart with chip military service card or they are ok with the old one without chip?

@David San 

Are you done with your interview? If yes could you please share your experience

12 hours ago, EternalWait said:

Sorry for @-ing too many people but :

@Mano001@Hannahblue13@KO7@xpei.1983@LAB_BD@neds

Have you received an interview letter from Montreal recently? Just checking in since apparently they sent out a batch of invites spanning a few months of DQs up to October 2022, and your DQ dates are close to or actually in that range. 🙏

Where did you see it was to October? I thought it was only July? October would be huge news!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.