Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,024 posts in this topic

I had an interview today and got APed. My 10-year-old son got APed too 😂.

The steps and process are pretty much like others mentioned before.

After security check and going to the 1st floor. The first officer asked for all original documents.

The second officer did the interview.

questions:

1. When did you move to Canada?

2. Are your children born in Canada?

3. Have you worked for the government?

4. What did you do in military service?

5. Had I lived in other countries?

6. Have I had any other spouse?

They asked me to sign a paper showing I needed to work for my sponsor when I moved to the US.

29 minutes ago, David San said:

After security check and going to the 1st floor. The first officer asked for all original documents.

questions:

They asked me to sign a paper showing I needed to work for my sponsor when I moved to the US.

Did they tell you why you were Put in AP. Did they issue you a DS5535?Did they ask you to submit any form/resume?

5 hours ago, David San said:

questions:

Are you and your son dual citizens? 

EB-2 NIW in AP since May 2023

39 minutes ago, AnnaSalu said:

So, they have updated the website on March 27th 2024 and it shows that EB is still on July 2022. Well, they updated the page on March 27th and it says it was updated on February 27th! So much for accuracy! Anyway, no new movement in timelines. 

I noticed yesterday the February 27th too. Weird. 

However they have not updated the dates at all. They are all still the same as last month. Even if eb doesn't move. The other categories always tend to advance. 

I think when someone in Montreal logs in and even if they change the website or not it says updated. As the last updated date often changes at least twice a month. 

We have seen people as far as September be called for interviews. But just no official update.

Last time they missed an update they did it on the first of the next month. So I expect it to be updated next week. My favourite game is the refresh the website and hope for big advancements and always be left thoroughly disappointed 

23 minutes ago, Froozion said:

However they have not updated the dates at all. They are all still the same as last month. Even if eb doesn't move. The other categories always tend to advance. 

I think when someone in Montreal logs in and even if they change the website or not it says updated. As the last updated date often changes at least twice a month. 

We have seen people as far as September be called for interviews. But just no official update.

Last time they missed an update they did it on the first of the next month. So I expect it to be updated next week. My favourite game is the refresh the website and hope for big advancements and always be left thoroughly disappointed 

Maybe you are correct - but if it was an automatic update based on someone logging in, why does it show Feb 27th, all of a sudden on March 27th? To me it looks like they have not updated the dates, but just updated the date on top of the page, and didn't even do that properly :)

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
51 minutes ago, Froozion said:

This is my understanding as well. This is just an administrative update but the dates are still as of February 15th. It is only when the "as of" date changes that the dates corresponding to each visa type are updated.

18 hours ago, Froozion said:

Actually as far as November 2, 2022 have been called (not expedited), though this is not from this forum and is anecdotal.

As of December 2023, I am DQ for the EB-2 category. At that time, according to the consular website, they were scheduling interviews for March 2022.

Based on my calculations, I anticipate being invited for an interview by the end of 2025 or during the summer of 2025.

Is there a possibility that this timeline could be moved up or pushed back? What are your thoughts?

1 hour ago, Aaron_ said:

As of December 2023, I am DQ for the EB-2 category. At that time, according to the consular website, they were scheduling interviews for March 2022.

Based on my calculations, I anticipate being invited for an interview by the end of 2025 or during the summer of 2025.

Is there a possibility that this timeline could be moved up or pushed back? What are your thoughts?

So they are currently working on July 2022 and you are Dec 2023. So 17 months. 

They are currently processing between 1.6-2 months per month on average. 

So best guess is between 8-10 months for you to get called for an interview. 

So my best guess Nov 2024- Jan 2025. 

However. Montreal are not at all transparent and have been seen to be very productive for a few months followed by many many months of no progress. 

We can only hope things improve! 

On 3/11/2024 at 6:19 PM, AA-H said:

Thank you for your quick reply. I am uncertain about the 2-3 months timeline for AOS, as my lawyer had mentioned 14 months a year ago, but now suggests it could be as short as six months. However, my primary concern revolves around my son's inclusion in my application. He moved back to Canada when he turned 21, and I aim for him to receive his Green Card simultaneously.

You've not filled in your timeline so it's hard to tell, but are you sure your son will still be eligible as your dependent if he's over 21 already? Was your petition done under premium processing?

10 hours ago, Froozion said:

So they are currently working on July 2022 and you are Dec 2023. So 17 months. 

They are currently processing between 1.6-2 months per month on average. 

So best guess is between 8-10 months for you to get called for an interview. 

So my best guess Nov 2024- Jan 2025. 

However. Montreal are not at all transparent and have been seen to be very productive for a few months followed by many many months of no progress. 

We can only hope things improve! 

Thank you for the detailed explanation and your insights.

On 3/22/2024 at 5:14 PM, David San said:

questions:

Hi David, could you please share your timeline a little?  How long did it take for you to receive interview letter from the consulate after your CEAC case status turned to Ready? Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.