Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,024 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, dandelion1 said:

Has anyone seen reports of anyone from any categories getting letters this month for May interview dates? There has been none that I have seen and still no update on the website in 2 months. It is so wild how inconsistent they are with everything... I wish I could understand the logic to help have a better guess of when we will be called....

No.  

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Adam RS said:

As I could n't login my previous ID to this website, so I created a new one today.

I received my Interview Letter today morning. My DQ date was December 19th, 2022. 

Congratulations @Adam RS for the invite!

Are you in EB2-NIW category or EB2, and what's your filing date?

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Adam RS said:

EB2-NIW

Filing date was November 2021

That's great news since the latest ILs Montreal sent out were for July-August 2022 DQs, if I'm not mistaken. 

Not sure if the processing time for EB2-NIW and EB2 subcategories are the same though. (I am EB2-NIW too)

@Froozion Am I right?

Edited by Coco_2023

22 minutes ago, Coco_2023 said:

That's great news since the latest ILs Montreal sent out were for July-August 2022 DQs, if I'm not mistaken. 

Not sure if the processing time for EB2-NIW and EB2 subcategories are the same though. (I am EB2-NIW too)

@Froozion Am I right?

December is great news. The website says July. I have conformation of a September. A speculation about November. But great to see a confirmed date in December! 

Anyone with a January date get an invite? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Adam RS said:

EB2-NIW

Filing date was November 2021

When is your interview? I noticed some people were recently only given like a month notice and curious since I currently reside outside of Canada.

4 hours ago, EternalWait said:

Yes, a few EBs in November and some in December 2022 DQs just got their IL. 

@Alex Nzo@ImanRS @neds@Wcr984 Did you receive yours?

Yes, I received mine this morning around 1:03 AM  
EB2-NIW
DQ date: DEC 08, 2022
Interview date: May 31, 2024

On 4/2/2024 at 2:52 PM, jimmy2k said:

@TheMaverick how did it go?

Sorry for the delayed response. It went really good and I was approved. Summary of my journey:

Perm Applied: July 2021

Perm Approved: December 2021

I140(EB-3)premium processing: Feb 2022 approved in 5 days

NVC confirmation email: March 2022

NVC DQ: May 2022

NVC interview notification: Jan 2024

Interview : March 26 2024

NVC status change: 4 updates on CEAC- status was on READY for three weeks after interview

Issued status: April 12 2024

Passports Returned: April 17 2024(not picked up yet)

- I travelled to Montreal over the weekend and picked a hotel which was within walking distance from the consulate. My interview was at 7:45 in the morning on the following Tuesday and I did not want to stress on driving in the morning. 
- my family and I did a dry run of walking to the consulate the day prior. Just an advice if you do visit just don’t stop at the entrance and continue walking straight in to the RBC bank. The moment you wait at their doors security will approach you and start questioning. 
- whatever is your interview time, just reach 15 mins in advance. Do not worry about the lineup. When it’s time the security guard knows what is required to be done. 
- please read the requirements of carry bags. They are very particular on what you can carry in and the bag you carry. 
- I followed the checklist of documents available on Montreal site. Apart from that I carried additional secondary documents to be safe but none was requested. The additional documents I carried were all that I submitted at the I140 stage to USCIS with latest W2 and tax returns

At the entrance there is a airport type security. Basically anything that can beep as you walk through a metal detector is to be removed and placed in the tray. They provide a small locker to keep your mobile phone. I did not carry mine since I was very close to that place. The security will give you two tokens which will have the same number. You will then be asked to take the elevator and go to the first floor. There will be another guard who will check your token and ask you to have a seat. It’s a pretty tight space and get crowded depending upon time of day. Since my interview was early there were few people but as we got done, the place was full. There are washrooms and a water dispenser on the first floor. 

when your number comes up the first counter is a document check counter. Here you submit the first token. Follow the checklist and submit all documents as they request. They will also take your fingerprints and this entire process takes approx 15 mins. 

Now you sit back again waiting for the second call. When it’s time you go to the second counter and provide the second token to the officer. The officer I got was super friendly from the get go. They will make you and your family to take an oath that you will answer truthfully. Since I am from EB, they make you sign a form that I will join the same company if approved. 

some basic questions:

- where is my employer based

- where will you be working in the US

- can you walk me through your profile

- Have you travelled to any other countries recently

- have you lived in any country apart from Canada and your home country

- we’re you ever denied a US Visa or denied admission to the US — my answer was yes and I had to provide an explanation. This question was on the DS260 too and I gave the same answer. I was denied admission while applying for TN at the border for a missing document. I was asked to return with it and was issued the TN 

- when did you last travel to the US and approx length of stay and purpose of visiting

At the end he said that your visa is approved. He kept the latest police certificate and returned all prior police certificate. He also returned the certificate from my home country. He said we would receive the passport back in 2 weeks. It took 3 weeks and was scary because of the unusually high admin processing Montreal has been issuing. 

This journey with Montreal is finally over. Now starts the next steps of wrapping up and moving over. That is a mammoth task considering all the complications pertaining to taxation/house sale/car sale/ new rental place/ school/ spouse job. 

I wish all of you the very best. One final tip, keep your answers short and sweet. One liners and nothing more. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.