Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,034 posts in this topic

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
16 hours ago, EternalWait said:

Sorry for @-ing too many people but :

@Mano001@Hannahblue13@KO7@xpei.1983@LAB_BD@neds

Have you received an interview letter from Montreal recently? Just checking in since apparently they sent out a batch of invites spanning a few months of DQs up to October 2022, and your DQ dates are close to or actually in that range. 🙏

No update, I just added my newborn baby. Not sure I will have a new DQ date. Where did you get that information?

4 minutes ago, LAB_BD said:

No update, I just added my newborn baby. Not sure I will have a new DQ date. Where did you get that information?

If you did that, then your DQ date was reset to the date you entered the new info.
Notice that you did not need to do that and lose your spot in the queue. You can always add a new derivative after being invited to the interview by contacting the embassy/consulate
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-10-prepare-for-the-interview/appointment.html#int12
"

Can I include my children if they were not originally part of the case?

If the visa for which you are applying allows derivative children, your unmarried children under the age of 21 may be added as derivative applicants after your interview has been scheduled. You must directly contact the embassy/consulate to request specific instructions. At the interview the added applicant(s) will be required to pay the same fees, and submit the same forms and supporting documents as the original applicant(s)."

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Two weeks ago, I successfully requested the transfer of my EB1 application to my home country. This alteration requires our family to relocate from the USA to our home country once we receive the interview letter. This transition may disrupt my children's schooling and result in considerable expenses. Considering Montreal's processing time is advancing twice as fast, I kindly seek advice from members of this forum on whether I should request the NVC to transfer my file back to Montreal.

24 minutes ago, AA-H said:

Two weeks ago, I successfully requested the transfer of my EB1 application to my home country. This alteration requires our family to relocate from the USA to our home country once we receive the interview letter. This transition may disrupt my children's schooling and result in considerable expenses. Considering Montreal's processing time is advancing twice as fast, I kindly seek advice from members of this forum on whether I should request the NVC to transfer my file back to Montreal.

If you are already in US why not go through AOS as the timeline is 2-3 months and you don't need to leave US

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Froozion said:

If you are already in US why not go through AOS as the timeline is 2-3 months and you don't need to leave US

Thank you for your quick reply. I am uncertain about the 2-3 months timeline for AOS, as my lawyer had mentioned 14 months a year ago, but now suggests it could be as short as six months. However, my primary concern revolves around my son's inclusion in my application. He moved back to Canada when he turned 21, and I aim for him to receive his Green Card simultaneously.

1 hour ago, AA-H said:

Thank you for your quick reply. I am uncertain about the 2-3 months timeline for AOS, as my lawyer had mentioned 14 months a year ago, but now suggests it could be as short as six months. However, my primary concern revolves around my son's inclusion in my application. He moved back to Canada when he turned 21, and I aim for him to receive his Green Card simultaneously.

Honestly nobody knows the answer. 

Last year montreal worked on the backlog until May. Then didn't send out any more invites for the rest of the year. There is the potential they do that again, but we have no idea. 

We have seen the AOS are not always requesting interviews, therefore they have cleared the back log much quicker than CP. 

Depending on when you were dq'd and where you are in the line in your home country will help you figure it out. As i believe you reset your dq date when you change location. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Froozion said:

Honestly nobody knows the answer. 

Last year montreal worked on the backlog until May. Then didn't send out any more invites for the rest of the year. There is the potential they do that again, but we have no idea. 

We have seen the AOS are not always requesting interviews, therefore they have cleared the back log much quicker than CP. 

Depending on when you were dq'd and where you are in the line in your home country will help you figure it out. As i believe you reset your dq date when you change location. 

Thank you once more.

Regarding resetting the DQ date, we received a response from NVC stating that in my situation, I will retain the DQ date if I need to move between consulates. Below is the excerpt from their email addressing the reset question:

image.thumb.png.cbc1db3dedd25c40027249be0c20a600.png

I hope this will help others!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, KO7 said:

@EternalWait

I received my interview letter on March 18th.  The interview is scheduled for April 15th.    I was going to update the Excel file but it appears my entry has been deleted.

Was your DQ date still September 2022? 

If so, that's great news - We might still be on track with 2 months of backlog per month of processing right now.

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

21 hours ago, mgsctravels said:

Was your DQ date still September 2022? 

If so, that's great news - We might still be on track with 2 months of backlog per month of processing right now.

Long story, but my original DQ date was October, 2020.  For some unknown reason it was changed to September 2022.   We could never get an explanation as to why.     Either way, interview date is April 15th.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.