2,958 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, ice-qube said:

Already at a cool 280 days in AP today, swinging for 300! My lord.

didnt realize, i passed 300 days over the weekend!

walking GIF

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

An unexpected problem has come up. My best friend just got engaged and is likely to have her wedding in Canada next summer. It is very important to me that I go. 

My fiance and I have been in AP for 300 days. We filed Mandamus 2 weeks ago-ish. I'm optimistically expecting the visa to be in hand in December/January. (4 months til decision + 1 month to process redone medical + 0.5 month ship visa). I've done a lot of research on what happens pre-entering the States on the K1 visa, and very little on what happens afterward.

Does anyone have an updated wait time on getting travel authorization (It's the Form I-131 I think)? I think I read that the work authorization(EAD?) is taking up to a year? What are the chances that I'll be able to re-enter Canada by summer next year? 😢 

Alright guys just wanted to let everyone know that I have had enough of waiting for 7+ months and I will be going ahead with the WOM this week. I really want to go with Goldstein since I hear good things about them, but Hacking offers a better payment plan. Is anyone filing through Hacking at all? How is that going?

I spoke to someone at Hacking Law this morning. I am seriously considering going with them, as I liked their customer service up front, as well as their payment plan also being more attractive.

We are also thinking of filing. Can you please send me the link to hacking law? 
thanks 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Randomwalk said:

We are also thinking of filing. Can you please send me the link to hacking law? 
thanks 

https://hackinglawpractice.com/st-louis-immigration/immigration-delay-lawyer/

When I contacted them a few months ago, they weren't taking on any more K1 WOM cases, just CR1, but that may have changed... 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Randomwalk said:

Yes 2 years in October 

Ya. Can you imagine i have been married over 9 years... yet they still put me in AP...

Timeline

Ya. Can you imagine i have been married over 9 years... yet they still put me in AP...

It’s unbelievable…. There just isn’t purpose for all of this…. And I’m sure everyone on this thread will be throwing a little celebration WHEN your visa is approved… 

I just can’t stop thinking about the fifteen month old baby in AP… there’s no point to any of this. 

may we all be moving forward with our lives soon

My husbands interview was August 1st. He got a white paper that said fill out the emailed questionnaire. No other explanation as to why. They asked him if he wanted to take his passport since he is also a international student and semester starts aug 22. He decided not to and left it in Montreal. This morning we got the questionnaire and it was the 15 years worth of history. Just emailed it back about 3 hours ago. 

He has no criminal history born and raised in Calgary. Only ever traveled to the US. Our medical was delivered on time. 

Reading this form is pretty grim not gonna lie. 😓

On 8/1/2022 at 7:39 PM, Rosinasaur said:

An unexpected problem has come up. My best friend just got engaged and is likely to have her wedding in Canada next summer. It is very important to me that I go. 

My fiance and I have been in AP for 300 days. We filed Mandamus 2 weeks ago-ish. I'm optimistically expecting the visa to be in hand in December/January. (4 months til decision + 1 month to process redone medical + 0.5 month ship visa). I've done a lot of research on what happens pre-entering the States on the K1 visa, and very little on what happens afterward.

Does anyone have an updated wait time on getting travel authorization (It's the Form I-131 I think)? I think I read that the work authorization(EAD?) is taking up to a year? What are the chances that I'll be able to re-enter Canada by summer next year? 😢 

AP is taking up to a year.   If the need is to be able to travel, CR-1 is the route to take.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.