2,958 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, Throwitaway1988 said:

Yes you’re probably right and would explain why infants and toddlers receive it.

Yes, that makes it clearly evident, that if it is a system, is a badly programmed one.

Timeline
5 hours ago, roshakky said:

Yes, he is a PR. We were unaware of the resume recommendation for PRs. 

It’s easy to miss, because it is not noted anywhere officially on the consulate or state department website. And they mostly don’t ask for it. I am a PR and they didn’t ask me for it ( I carried it just in case). I am not sure how they decide who ask it off. Like @Throwitaway1988 said, if maybe to vet technical education and job history, but there were many Canadian PRs in IT who interviewed but weren’t asked for their resume. 

Regardless, if sucks… 

I guess the silver lining is he hasn’t been issued a DS-5535, and only is in AP, which is generally regarded to be a shorter wait…

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~One post removed as the poster is not dealing with Montreal, the process in different countries vary greatly. One post removed for quoting removed post.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
7 hours ago, A.Jon.Satko said:

I had my interview in April and got the DS5535 form. I had to travel and asked for my passport back.

On Friday I got an e-mail asking for my passport back. I think that means I've been approved.

I sent my passport back. Any idea how long after they receive it will I get it back?

I have no idea how long but that sounds like a really good sign to me! When did you interview!? Good luck I hope it’s the end for you! 

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Quick question regarding emailing Montreal consulate.  Are you supposed to always get an auto response from IV email address? I didn’t get one today, and now wondering if that means they didn’t get my email somehow.  I have gotten the auto response in the past.  

Timeline
Just now, Bog-can said:

Quick question regarding emailing Montreal consulate.  Are you supposed to always get an auto response from IV email address? I didn’t get one today, and now wondering if that means they didn’t get my email somehow.  I have gotten the auto response in the past.  

No, sometimes I get one but most time I don't, and they end up responding a few days later. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, ThisIsHell said:

No, sometimes I get one but most time I don't, and they end up responding a few days later. 

Thanks.  Good to know they probably got my email even though I didn’t get the auto-response about being backlogged.  Last time I emailed them it was almost two weeks for them to send me  a response. Another time I received no response at all.  

Timeline
On 8/6/2022 at 9:37 PM, From_CAN_2_US said:

My understanding is it is mainly in the name of applicant. If the name matches (sometimes only vaguely matches) someone in their database of people suspected to be a threat to national security, they are targetted for extreme vetting. Other parameters are education/ work in technical fields, and origin from certain countries.

I really think it's more random than that. I think it's just like airport security where they randomly pick every 12th (pick a number) person to pat down. I think the Consulate's computer is picking people that randomly. Because so many of us in here are Canadian born, never been to any countries that are not already best friends with the USA (UK/Canada/USA/EU) and we don't work in STEM. I also have an incredibly unique name, I am the only person in the world with my name, I joke all the time that I'm the most Google-able person, you can find out anything about me so easily, when I was born etc. Oh and none of us have criminal pasts.

My husband and I started the WOM with Goldstein, we've sent them our info.... now waiting for them to draft up the lawsuit 🤞 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Bob30 said:

We didn't get an auto response from IV email. They have a new support email @visaops.net and we did get an auto reply from them

@Bob30 thank you.  Do you know If they are still monitoring the previous Montreal-IV-DV@state.gov email ?  I didn’t know about the new email address for inquiries.  I am wondering g if I should resubmit to the new email address .

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Bob30 said:

they replied to our request sent couple of weeks ago after 3-4 days

What is that full email? 

do you think it’s worth resending our DS 5535 to that email?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 hours ago, Bog-can said:

no youre not always supposed to get the auto answer, ive emailed them to request my passport last week, and didnt get an auto answer.  they emailed me back about 5 business days later.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Welcome me to your club! :(
Was interviewed early June and placed on DS5355, similar to most of the community members without obvious reason. I have been breaking my head trying to understand what wrong I did in my past life, couldn't find anything. Not sure it's their computer program or management's instructions, but they have too many applicants on AP, more than any other consulate in the world. If it's a program, then they must be the only consulate that has it. Just for stats - in my visa category, 1 out of 9 applicants was approved last week. The previous two weeks: 3 - out of 18. This just doesn't make sense.

My visa program requires me to complete immigration before September 30th. So, while it only two months past since I was AP-ed, not much time left for me to clear. Couple questions to help me:

1. What is the average time to clear, excluding extreme cases - I know it can be 3 months, it can be 9. What is a typical timeline? Assuming my case is typical, lol

2. Do lawsuits help? I did not see strong evidence supporting this from other forums, curious about your observations.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.