2,958 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 hours ago, ice-qube said:

Nothing new happening on the WOM front, is there?

One approved and I believe one asked for medical. 

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Timeline
14 hours ago, ice-qube said:

Nothing new happening on the WOM front, is there?

According to pacer monitor it takes ~75 to conclude the lawsuit, there are a couple of us that are next in line if that’s the case. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Mary184 said:

Sorry this is a very simple question, what is pacer? How do I access it? Is it the same place we check status of our application? 

Honestly it seems you have a lot of questions about the WOM, I really really suggest you get a free consultation with any of the lawyers that specialize in it, they all give a free 30 minute consultation, gosh go to multiple lawyers if you need! 

Just now, WishIWasntHere said:

Honestly it seems you have a lot of questions about the WOM, I really really suggest you get a free consultation with any of the lawyers that specialize in it, they all give a free 30 minute consultation, gosh go to multiple lawyers if you need! 

I did have a consult and they never mentioned this. They just asked a few questions and told me your case should have not gone to AP and is a good case to proceed for WOM. Maybe you can suggest who specially discussed all these with you on the consult call and I’ll try to see if they can assign the same one to me for better understanding. I know they don’t all discuss the exact same things, and not having WOM experience, I didn’t ask all these as I didn’t know about them all. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mary184 said:

I did have a consult and they never mentioned this. They just asked a few questions and told me your case should have not gone to AP and is a good case to proceed for WOM. Maybe you can suggest who specially discussed all these with you on the consult call and I’ll try to see if they can assign the same one to me for better understanding. I know they don’t all discuss the exact same things, and not having WOM experience, I didn’t ask all these as I didn’t know about them all. 

Hacking law does a lot on YouTube to talk about the WOM, the pacer monitor I learned here, I’m not sure how to best explain it and it isn’t free, it’s a website separate from CEAC. I think part of the issue with the WOM is that it is a wild beast that is turning out differently for everyone, so there aren’t always straightforward answers. 

Timeline
On 7/28/2022 at 12:12 PM, Bob30 said:

Hi Guys, how can I request my passport back?  Is there a specific link or should I send an email to Montreal-IV-DV@state.gov  ?

As far as I know you just use that email, but I personally have no experience doing that--I have had my passport the whole time.

Timeline
On 7/27/2022 at 4:37 PM, WishIWasntHere said:

Hacking law does a lot on YouTube to talk about the WOM, the pacer monitor I learned here, I’m not sure how to best explain it and it isn’t free, it’s a website separate from CEAC. I think part of the issue with the WOM is that it is a wild beast that is turning out differently for everyone, so there aren’t always straightforward answers. 

Speaking of WOM, the other day I was supposed to have a consult with Goldstein Law. They wouldn't speak to me because my wife wasn't on the call--and no one had told me she had to be! That really irritated me, big time.

Timeline

In other (slim) news, my case was updated without explanation or sign of anything two days ago on July 27. May have been just them reading my last email, and continuing to prove how ineffectual my communication is with them.

Timeline
1 minute ago, ice-qube said:

Speaking of WOM, the other day I was supposed to have a consult with Goldstein Law. They wouldn't speak to me because my wife wasn't on the call--and no one had told me she had to be! That really irritated me, big time.

NGL, that doesn’t surprise me, sometimes the communication is a little off. I’m sorry that happened, this is all such a shtshow. 

Just now, ice-qube said:

In other (slim) news, my case was updated without explanation or sign of anything two days ago on July 27. May have been just them reading my last email, and continuing to prove how ineffectual my communication is with them.

I’m hoping for you that it wasn’t just random and you get movement!!!!! 🤞

Timeline
Just now, WishIWasntHere said:

NGL, that doesn’t surprise me, sometimes the communication is a little off. I’m sorry that happened, this is all such a shtshow. 

It was dumb, they could have talked to me. It was  just a consult and I am very aware of the details of my entire case from start to finish. There is nothing my wife would have been able to add on the call that I couldn't address. It's like these guys think somehow I will just choose them to do this suit, why are they so arrogant? They aren't the only law firm around. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, ice-qube said:

It was dumb, they could have talked to me. It was  just a consult and I am very aware of the details of my entire case from start to finish. There is nothing my wife would have been able to add on the call that I couldn't address. It's like these guys think somehow I will just choose them to do this suit, why are they so arrogant? They aren't the only law firm around. 

That’s all so true. I hope you find a place that treats you with more respect. I ended up in a multiple email chain arguing about my spouses last name…. As if I don’t know our last name… but I’ve already paid so it is what it is 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.