2,958 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
13 hours ago, addpeace said:

My husbands interview was August 1st. He got a white paper that said fill out the emailed questionnaire. No other explanation as to why. They asked him if he wanted to take his passport since he is also a international student and semester starts aug 22. He decided not to and left it in Montreal. This morning we got the questionnaire and it was the 15 years worth of history. Just emailed it back about 3 hours ago. 

He has no criminal history born and raised in Calgary. Only ever traveled to the US. Our medical was delivered on time. 

Reading this form is pretty grim not gonna lie. 😓

Ouch. Our condolences for joining this dreaded group. Hope your stay is short. 

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

18 hours ago, LAMA9 said:

https://hackinglawpractice.com/st-louis-immigration/immigration-delay-lawyer/

When I contacted them a few months ago, they weren't taking on any more K1 WOM cases, just CR1, but that may have changed... 

I had a great call with them yesterday, I paid upfront and got an extra $500 off as well. They seem to know what they are doing.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

hi all,

just requested my passport back, because of a trip next week. and got a couple of questions....

do they completely stop working on our cases when we do so?

my medical expires aug 22nd.. should i just redo it, and send it back?

im coming back at the end of the month should i just resent my passport?

ca you apply for a nexus card while on AP? 

many thanks 

Timeline
1 hour ago, yvesemma said:

hi all,

just requested my passport back, because of a trip next week. and got a couple of questions....

many thanks 

That's a lot of questions, lol. 

I don't think that has anything to do with it,  no

You can't. The immi doctor won't do the medical until the consulate requests it again.

That's up to you, but I wouldn't--because that's another chance they can mishandle something important and then you will have to clean up the mess.

Go ahead and try--there is no rule that i know of against it, but wait times for NEXUS are lengthy, as far as I know. Just as an aside, I have a NEXUS card, and have used it uneventfully. One would think that would have prevented me from being placed in AP with DS-5535, since NEXUS is a security background vetted privilege, but no. 

Timeline
20 hours ago, addpeace said:

My husbands interview was August 1st. He got a white paper that said fill out the emailed questionnaire. No other explanation as to why. They asked him if he wanted to take his passport since he is also a international student and semester starts aug 22. He decided not to and left it in Montreal. This morning we got the questionnaire and it was the 15 years worth of history. Just emailed it back about 3 hours ago. 

He has no criminal history born and raised in Calgary. Only ever traveled to the US. Our medical was delivered on time. 

Reading this form is pretty grim not gonna lie. 😓

Grim is a good way to describe it… hope your stay is short

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, BatmanFlow said:

Ouch. Our condolences for joining this dreaded group. Hope your stay is short. 

Have requested for return of passport after waiting almost 300 days

Timeline
1 hour ago, ohmygod said:

Have requested for return of passport after waiting almost 300 days

yes i did ask my moms passport back. i got it back and guess what? they allowed her to cross the border and come to USA as a tourist while they are extremely vetting her for whatever threat she presents. Hopefully the absurdity of this entire situation is not lost on anyone

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

Timeline
8 hours ago, yvesemma said:

hi all,

many thanks 

I got my NEXUS while in DS-5535. I did apply for NEXUS back in 2019 though and only started the petition for my CR1/IR1 in February 2021. There is such a massive backlog of everything you might as well start. It's incredibly ironic that all of us in here can visit the USA as tourists, be approved for NEXUS, all while we are languishing in the DS-5535 hole (as I type this from California on my third trip the USA since being put in the DS-5535 hole).

Montreal does not have my passport and they technically "should" be working regardless of that. 

I started the WoM with Goldstein today.  I cant wait anymore, especially with my fiances medical expiring.  I just want to move on with life.  Getting him the info asap so they can get it filed. I wish I didnt have to resort to this.  

AP ontop of the consulate being closed during covid is just ridiculous that they are this far behind.  

Timeline
12 hours ago, ice-qube said:

That's a lot of questions, lol. 

I don't think that has anything to do with it,  no

You can't. The immi doctor won't do the medical until the consulate requests it again.

That's up to you, but I wouldn't--because that's another chance they can mishandle something important and then you will have to clean up the mess.

Go ahead and try--there is no rule that i know of against it, but wait times for NEXUS are lengthy, as far as I know. Just as an aside, I have a NEXUS card, and have used it uneventfully. One would think that would have prevented me from being placed in AP with DS-5535, since NEXUS is a security background vetted privilege, but no. 

haha yes it was actually a few!  thank you for taking the time to answer. your answers are quite helpful, and reassuring.  thanks again. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Marbles_ said:

I got my NEXUS while in DS-5535. I did apply for NEXUS back in 2019 though and only started the petition for my CR1/IR1 in February 2021. There is such a massive backlog of everything you might as well start. It's incredibly ironic that all of us in here can visit the USA as tourists, be approved for NEXUS, all while we are languishing in the DS-5535 hole (as I type this from California on my third trip the USA since being put in the DS-5535 hole).

Montreal does not have my passport and they technically "should" be working regardless of that. 

thanks for your answer! 

i was actually downtown montreal and stopped by the consulate to ask how long it would take to get my passport back after requesting it, and it was the security officer that told me that they "would stop working on your file, and it would put you in the back of the line if you request your passport back, so i hope this trip is important". 

Definitely going to start my nexus application then since im already being vetted.

Enjoy Cali! 

Timeline

Walked out of the interview today with the officer telling me he would approve my visa and I could expect it within 2 weeks. No documents missing or anything. I was so happy. Then a few hours later, I got the DS 5535 email. I am devastated looking at this thread and seeing the kind of delays people are experiencing. 

We were approved for an expedited request as my wife has a life-threatening condition. Obviously this does not matter to them. 

I have never travelled outside Canada or the U.S. Both my parents are French Canadians. I don't work in a sensitive field. I have a pretty uncommon French Canadian name. I work in finance and banking, I have a security clearance from Quebec's National Assembly...  It makes no sense. I can't put into words how I feel today. Just the worst. 

Timeline
Just now, SamuelR said:

Walked out of the interview today with the officer telling me he would approve my visa and I could expect it within 2 weeks. No documents missing or anything. I was so happy. Then a few hours later, I got the DS 5535 email. I am devastated looking at this thread and seeing the kind of delays people are experiencing. 

We were approved for an expedited request as my wife has a life-threatening condition. Obviously this does not matter to them. 

I have never travelled outside Canada or the U.S. Both my parents are French Canadians. I don't work in a sensitive field. I have a pretty uncommon French Canadian name. I work in finance and banking, I have a security clearance from Quebec's National Assembly...  It makes no sense. I can't put into words how I feel today. Just the worst. 

My heart goes out to you man. No joke, I hope they settle out for you fast, unlike the way I have been treated. I am very unhappy about this process and sad to see yet another person stuck in it.

Timeline
2 hours ago, SamuelR said:

absolutely ###### up this process. wow. i am so sorry that you have to go through this

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

Timeline
10 minutes ago, BatmanFlow said:

absolutely ###### up this process. wow. i am so sorry that you have to go through this

How is it even possible. Why would the officer even tell them ya I am approving it, but then DS-5535 gets sent? I don't get it. This is absurdity. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.