14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good afternoon everyone,

I made an expensive mistake of mailing our packets prior to ensuring that funds are available in my credit card. 

I made the payment the night we mailed the packets but the money wasn't posted in 24 hours. 

On the other hand, USCIS received the packets within 2 days of mailing and charged my credit card the next day which was Saturday but my bank sent me a decline notice. I didn't expect them to get to the packets so soon within a day of receiving them. 

I have been worried and displeased with myself not making the payments couple of days sooner. I am here wondering if they always send such packets back to senders or we should just go ahead and mail another. 

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Model4Life said:

Good afternoon everyone,

I made an expensive mistake of mailing our packets prior to ensuring that funds are available in my credit card. 

I made the payment the night we mailed the packets but the money wasn't posted in 24 hours. 

On the other hand, USCIS received the packets within 2 days of mailing and charged my credit card the next day which was Saturday but my bank sent me a decline notice. I didn't expect them to get to the packets so soon within a day of receiving them. 

I have been worried and displeased with myself not making the payments couple of days sooner. I am here wondering if they always send such packets back to senders or we should just go ahead and mail another. 

Thanks. 

just go ahead and mail another one

make sure u call the bank and let them know there's xxx amount of transaction coming up and its not scam 

(sometimes) the bank declined the credit card because ( depend on ur regular transaction) of the amount transaction is higher than usual

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

And another reason as to why I always advocate for a money order. 

Get a money order this time and do as @Misscloud said

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

1 minute ago, Timona said:

dealing with uscis since 2018 i only use my personal check

saw too many issue with credit cards

19 minutes ago, Misscloud said:

dealing with uscis since 2018 i only use my personal check

saw too many issue with credit cards

Same. Personal checks only, money orders could do too 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Misscloud said:

just go ahead and mail another one

make sure u call the bank and let them know there's xxx amount of transaction coming up and its not scam 

(sometimes) the bank declined the credit card because ( depend on ur regular transaction) of the amount transaction is higher than usual

Thank you

8 hours ago, Timona said:

Thanks

Thank you everyone.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Model4Life said:

I have a quick question,  during AOS interview,  do they ask or require us to have health insurance and show proof?

Nope

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Timeline
3 minutes ago, Model4Life said:

I have a quick question,  during AOS interview,  do they ask or require us to have health insurance and show proof?

Not anymore. For a brief period of time there was a more complex assessment of public charge, thankfully no longer. 

But why no health insurance?? Seriously, you kinda need it! Even if you have no current medical issues it can be expensive for just basic care. Have you looked into marketplace plans? 

Timeline
52 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

Not anymore. For a brief period of time there was a more complex assessment of public charge, thankfully no longer. 

But why no health insurance?? Seriously, you kinda need it! Even if you have no current medical issues it can be expensive for just basic care. Have you looked into marketplace plans? 

Thank you.

You mean the Affordable Care Plan(ObamaCare)? Is that allowed for adjustment of status?

I am glad to know they are not putting that in consideration any longer because I am holding on to my full time job when I can go part-time and still make same monthly income working 4 days a week instead of 5-6 days but lose my benefits. 

57 minutes ago, Timona said:

Nope

Thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Model4Life said:

You mean the Affordable Care Plan(ObamaCare)? Is that allowed for adjustment of status?

Yes, it's allowed and you may be eligible!

Timeline
10 hours ago, Joyoussinger said:

Yes, it's allowed and you may be eligible!

Thank you so much.

I checked but it it recommending medicaid for my dependents. One of the dependents migrated with my spouse. So she is in adjustment of status process. Would that be an issue? She wasn't even issued a ssn cos of her k2 status.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Model4Life said:

Thank you so much.

I checked but it it recommending medicaid for my dependents. One of the dependents migrated with my spouse. So she is in adjustment of status process. Would that be an issue? She wasn't even issued a ssn cos of her k2 status.

If the ACA determines someone is eligible for Medicaid, they are not then eligible for the Marketplace. You can call the ACA and ask them any question you have concerning this. It's easy to reach a person and, in my experience, they are always very helpful.  Their number is: 1-800-318-2596.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.