JojoandTomas

JULY 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

183 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline
1 hour ago, atcnaydn said:

I received a reply from our Representative’s office. It seems they have taken our case for Administrative Processing, and NVC cannot estimate when the process will be completed.

Does anyone have info about the Administrative Processing?

I'm not sure if this is any help to you:

https://jp.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/ceac-status-check-iv-k/

I would think it just means they've received your case and its in queue for processing to generate the case number, and then subsequently sent to embassy.  

Timeline
4 hours ago, Eric10112021 said:

Thanks man, also let us know how you get an interview scheduled...we obviously will probably run into the same issues. :(

She provided the original document because she had it apostilled, not sure if it was required or not but did it anyhow.  Id just find a translator and they'll give you the instructions. she found them here https://www.just.ee/en/legal-services/sworn-translators

Also, it seems we have to make the appointment directly with the embassy rather than over the automated system. We confirmed with a friend that did it a few years ago that she emailed and said she's ready and they sent her back an interview date. I think we kind of messed up their normal process because we were reaching and pushing  them since before they even received the case, lol. So we have an email out to them since yesterday asking for appointment, I assume we'll hear monday.

Edited by Mari_Justin

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Mari_Justin said:

I'm not sure if this is any help to you:

https://jp.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/ceac-status-check-iv-k/

I would think it just means they've received your case and its in queue for processing to generate the case number, and then subsequently sent to embassy.  

Thank you, it gave us more insight.

The case number is generated actually, I received it from my representative. Starts with 3 letters of my Embassy. It says “At NVC” when I check the status. 

We are hoping for the October 11 shipment date now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

October 3rd, Embassy has application and has sent out packet 4 by email. This is Dublin embassy. 

So NVC shipped out Sept 27. Embassy received October 3rd. 

Timeline
On 9/30/2022 at 11:39 AM, Mari_Justin said:

She provided the original document because she had it apostilled, not sure if it was required or not but did it anyhow.  Id just find a translator and they'll give you the instructions. she found them here https://www.just.ee/en/legal-services/sworn-translators

Also, it seems we have to make the appointment directly with the embassy rather than over the automated system. We confirmed with a friend that did it a few years ago that she emailed and said she's ready and they sent her back an interview date. I think we kind of messed up their normal process because we were reaching and pushing  them since before they even received the case, lol. So we have an email out to them since yesterday asking for appointment, I assume we'll hear monday.

Hoping you heard back from the embassy yesterday?!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Eric10112021 said:

Hoping you heard back from the embassy yesterday?!

they didnt respond to my request but to hers, assuming because her email is on the application. 

Anyhow, she wrote them last Thursday said we're ready for appt, they responded Monday saying that her appointment is Oct 12.  So that went really fast. We never received any of the instruction packets that have been mentioned before, but I've spent enough time on here that we knew what to do at each step. We went ahead and booked flights for the week after her interview, should be enough time to complete the addition of the visa to her passport. 🤞

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
20 minutes ago, DSBeijing said:

We just got informed that our case got forwarded to Guangzhou Consulate. We got only message with Case Number, we are missing Invoice ID number.

Does anyone knows how to get Invoice ID? does it come in separate Email or per normal Mail? Or should we call NVC to get it? 

From this comment, K1 visas don’t seem to have Invoice ID. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
15 minutes ago, DSBeijing said:

It seems that they do, I since I need it to log into CEAC System.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-1-submit-a-petition/step-2-begin-nvc-processing/ceac-faqs.html#ceac5

Sorry! Yes, we should have both number.

20 hours ago, DSBeijing said:

It seems that they do, I since I need it to log into CEAC System.

Why do you need to log in?  Is Guangzhou asking you to upload documents to CEAC?  If not, there's no need to login to CEAC.  As such, no need for invoice ID for K1.  Typically, K1 cases only need the status tracker from CEAC.  That can be accessed without logging in.

20 hours ago, Ako & Rich said:

Incorrect.  Those NVC messages in the FAQ refer to review messages for documents submitted for immigrant visa cases via CEAC portal.  Note that the CEAC FAQ makes it clear that invoice ID is for immigrant visa cases -- https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-1-submit-a-petition/step-2-begin-nvc-processing/ceac-faqs.html#ceac1

K1 is technically a non-immigrant visa, although it is processed by the IV unit.  K1 cases do not need to submit documents via CEAC.  Hence, nothing for NVC to review, no review messages to be sent, no need to log in, and no need for invoice ID.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

NOA 1 JUNE 9 2021

NOA 2 JULY 29, 2022

Welcome letter from NVC October 4, 2022

Case number was allotted on September 28, 2022

Status changed from transit to ready in less than 24 hours,

Already filled up DS-160 and paid visa fee, tomorrow will schedule interview and medical exam

Embassy, Islamabad, Pakistan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.