JojoandTomas

JULY 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

183 posts in this topic

Timeline
Just now, Amelme said:

Thank you do much. What about other papers, some US citizen proof or something like that :)?

I don’t know if it’s required, but it is advisable to take a copy of your I-129F, and the relationship proof, citizenship proof etc.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline

@Eric10112021

Earlier in the year I had good responsiveness from my congressional representative. He wasn't able to accomplish anything but he was at least trying.

I got impatient and reached out to him on Tuesday asking  him to try and get an update on our case at the NVC, he responded today that he said they have our case and we should expect a case number soon. He said our case was received on the 17th, and they are currently processing cases received on the 15th.

It's not a lot of progress but an update with any progress is really nice to hear.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Mari_Justin said:

@Eric10112021

Earlier in the year I had good responsiveness from my congressional representative. He wasn't able to accomplish anything but he was at least trying.

I got impatient and reached out to him on Tuesday asking  him to try and get an update on our case at the NVC, he responded today that he said they have our case and we should expect a case number soon. He said our case was received on the 17th, and they are currently processing cases received on the 15th.

It's not a lot of progress but an update with any progress is really nice to hear.

Thanks for the update!  We've also been working with our state Senator's office; honestly I think they helped us get the I-129F approval as our RFE response had just been sitting there for 75+ days.  They closed our case at the Senator's office after our I-129F approval on 7/22 but I just reached back out to them again on Monday to help again with an NVC inquiry.  The lady there has been extremely helpful and it'll be interesting to see if she gets the same information you got from your congressional rep.  And yes I agree on the "progress", it's the small victories for us at this point and it's just nice to have anyone express interest in helping.  That's sad to say but it's true.

Thanks again!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Just wanted to give an update on my request to resend my approval notice from the USCIS.

They responded (about 2 weeks after) that the letter was sent to my address but USPS sent it back because it had the wrong address (this is definitely not true as my address has not changed). Either way they sent another copy of the approval notice which was received on 9/3.

On it there is a receipt number, a received date (6/7), a notice date (8/24), numbers next to my (beneficiary) and my fiance's (petitioner) name. It states the approval notice is valid from 7/28 through 11/27.

It also says "the above petition has been approved, and forwarded to the listed consulate."

Some questions:

- what are the numbers next to my name and my fiance's name?

- should i update the NOA2 date to 8/24 or leave it at 7/29 (which is the date that it said online it was approved)?

- since the application was approved and forwarded to the listed consulate does this mean they skipped the NVC step? I still haven't received an e-mail from the NVC as of 9/7...is that step still happening or should i just got ahead and contact the consulate?

- lastly, the approval notice did not list the consulate it was sent to, just wanted to confirm it is the original one listed in the application.

Thank you so much everyone for the answers. Will be very much appreciated!

Timeline
7 minutes ago, javierdpvelez said:

Just wanted to give an update on my request to resend my approval notice from the USCIS.

They responded (about 2 weeks after) that the letter was sent to my address but USPS sent it back because it had the wrong address (this is definitely not true as my address has not changed). Either way they sent another copy of the approval notice which was received on 9/3.

On it there is a receipt number, a received date (6/7), a notice date (8/24), numbers next to my (beneficiary) and my fiance's (petitioner) name. It states the approval notice is valid from 7/28 through 11/27.

It also says "the above petition has been approved, and forwarded to the listed consulate."

Some questions:

- what are the numbers next to my name and my fiance's name?

- should i update the NOA2 date to 8/24 or leave it at 7/29 (which is the date that it said online it was approved)?

- since the application was approved and forwarded to the listed consulate does this mean they skipped the NVC step? I still haven't received an e-mail from the NVC as of 9/7...is that step still happening or should i just got ahead and contact the consulate?

- lastly, the approval notice did not list the consulate it was sent to, just wanted to confirm it is the original one listed in the application.

Thank you so much everyone for the answers. Will be very much appreciated!

I did the exact thing, and got the same response. My NOA2 date also changed.

My approval notice says “The above petition has been approved. We have sent the original visa petition to the Department of State National Visa Center.” 

I don’t have a number next to my name, but there is one next to my fiance’s name, that is the Alien Registration Number. 

I think NOA2 date and Approval Date are different so you can keep referring to 7/28 as your Approval Date, 8/24 is just the date of this notice.

Timeline

Gotcha!

I think I have an Alien number because I was born in Cuba and perhaps that was my original Alien number when my parents did my citizenship paperwork.

I wonder why my application was sent directly to the consulate and not to the NVC...

1 hour ago, atcnaydn said:

I did the exact thing, and got the same response. My NOA2 date also changed.

My approval notice says “The above petition has been approved. We have sent the original visa petition to the Department of State National Visa Center.” 

I don’t have a number next to my name, but there is one next to my fiance’s name, that is the Alien Registration Number. 

I think NOA2 date and Approval Date are different so you can keep referring to 7/28 as your Approval Date, 8/24 is just the date of this notice.

3 minutes ago, javierdpvelez said:

Gotcha!

I think I have an Alien number because I was born in Cuba and perhaps that was my original Alien number when my parents did my citizenship paperwork.

I wonder why my application was sent directly to the consulate and not to the NVC...

Javier, so your case  is ready for interwiev ( u have case number)?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Amelme said:

Javier, so your case  is ready for interwiev ( u have case number)?

My fiance nor I have received any further email/letters since the I-797 from the USCIS.

I just e-mailed the embassy in Dublin to receive further clarification.

Timeline
On 9/1/2022 at 11:00 AM, Mari_Justin said:

@Eric10112021

Still no case number? 🙁

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Eric10112021 said:

Still no case number? 🙁

They only send out cases on Tuesdays. So probably this upcoming Tuesday people from July will start getting their notifications.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline
1 hour ago, To_the_moon said:

They only send out cases on Tuesdays. So probably this upcoming Tuesday people from July will start getting their notifications.

I got my case number and invoice number today from my congressional representative. I’m not sure What I can do from here, just wait till I get notice that it’s sent I suppose, is there a page I can check status at this point ?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mari_Justin said:

I got my case number and invoice number today from my congressional representative. I’m not sure What I can do from here, just wait till I get notice that it’s sent I suppose, is there a page I can check status at this point ?

Yes, there is this NVC case status website https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

How did you get started with contacting your Representative?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.