MoenMed

Address updates

28 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

They are not allowed to forward mail such as the green card

it says that on outside of the envelope

Good to know. 

So, OP's options are to try to notify address change through the 3 methods they first stated and hope for the best? 

I know of 2 instances where CBP did not update the address on file even after they were told.

So as a backup plan, for those whose sponsor have moved from the address where the petition was initially filed, monitor the status of your green card production on the USCIS site.

Track the card (tracking number is usually in the portal).

On this issue, I think you have been given all the options that you can implement.

Unfortunately, these things happen, there is no perfect solution when agents don't update your profile.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I have never seen anyone post that any address change was successful, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. They change it online, but no record of it ever happening at the interview when they go, or they change it and it ships to the old address anyway. They change it and call to see if it changed, and never get a straight answer from USCIS ( Or useless as I prefer to call them). I have had many chances to move, and turned down money because I am staying here at this address until the process is complete. Or at the minimum I will never sell this house and leave it empty just for mail to be delivered.

If anyone has any successful address changes feel free to post.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

9 hours ago, randy32 said:

I know of 2 instances where CBP did not update the address on file even after they were told.

So as a backup plan, for those whose sponsor have moved from the address where the petition was initially filed, monitor the status of your green card production on the USCIS site.

Track the card (tracking number is usually in the portal).

On this issue, I think you have been given all the options that you can implement.

Unfortunately, these things happen, there is no perfect solution when agents don't update your profile.

So we cant get his GC ?

3 minutes ago, MoenMed said:

So we cant get his GC ?

For the first year, the stamp in his passport will act as a green card. 

You should follow @randy32 suggestion. Track the card online. 

Also, follow @Lemonslice's suggestion and ask the new resident at your former address to look out for his card. 

Make sure you husband tells CBP he wants the card sent to the new address. 

No one can tell you if you will or won't receive the GC. We can just tell you all the measures you should take to maximize the possibility you do receive it. 

Try not to worry about it... just do your best. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.