Jump to content

In need of help (merged)


32 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I started my K1 visa in 2006 with my Chinese wife arriving in 2007, in 2009 she went back to china to help care for her father, she had an accident receiving head trauma so in short she did not communicate at all with me for 3 or 4 years, I had to divorce here , she remarried had a daughter an is now divorced, her ex has custody being her living environment. I am now learning these things 13yrs later. she has a SScard still.  what do i need to do to bring her back? 

And My imagration process paper were lost in a fire 


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine

First thing, do you want to marry her? 


If yes, then marry, get all the divorce papers, and file for a spouse visa.  You will need to marry her in China, in a 3rd country, or online.


If not, then you can't "bring her back".


The old immigration paperwork has no relevance. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada

~~Moved to What Visa DO I Need, from K1 Progress Reports ~~

Edited by Ontarkie

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS


Link to comment
Share on other sites

File a FOIA for each of you as the “ subject of record”, reason=record review, ask for complete A# file ..its free but will get you copies of the first  immigration journey .https://www.uscis.gov/records/request-records-through-the-freedom-of-information-act-or-privacy-act


Given the circumstances and reconnecting after a long stretch, you need to plan an in person visit ASAP and if it’s your decision to marry again and bring her in, you could schedule a Utah- online marriage ( while you are both in China, you will be getting married via zoom in UTAH! Marriage will be valid and “ consummated “ for immigration purposes. 


Have her gather the civil docs needed for her overseas marriage/ divorce , birth certificate for her and child and you could file the I-130 spousal visa.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
33 minutes ago, Charlie2009 said:

Thank you All for your advice, I have concerns with going to China with all that is happening Covid etc... but will if needed. Can we Marry on- line and then file spouse visa?


Google Utah zoom wedding 💒 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales

Marry her?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
6 minutes ago, Charlie2009 said:

I have asked this before, my ex whom left me in 2009, I never got over her as it happens she deeply regrets leaving. She did remarry and had a child but is now divorced 

she had a Washington stat drivers license, she has a Social security card

what can I do to get her back, to the states?

Where is she right now?  China?  Since you are going to have to meet again before filing anything, I suggest a Utah online marriage, meet, then start the spousal visa process. 

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 


Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.


August 7, 2022: Wife file N-400 Online

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!


In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Charlie2009 said:

How do I get an Utah marriage license? Living in South Dakota 

can you get married being apart? 

As previously advised, you can get married whilst apart, but you'll still need to meet in person again before you can petition for your wife anyway. Just Google 'Utah online marriage'. Or you could travel to her, and get married in person, then file straight away.


Good luck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Ontarkie changed the title to In need of help (merged)
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...