Sarge2155

April 2022 - AOS Filers

346 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Biometrics was completed on Friday the original date was June 1st but do to schedule conflicts we went early. Immediately after the case stauts changed  for the I-765 and I-485 to "actively reviewing". Now the wait begins. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, PatLuvO said:

Biometrics was completed on Friday the original date was June 1st but do to schedule conflicts we went early. Immediately after the case stauts changed  for the I-765 and I-485 to "actively reviewing". Now the wait begins. 

Did you have to schedule or were you able to just show up?

Timeline

Our details:

Sent Complete Package from K1 - very detailed as all the people suggest through experience

04/08/2022 - USPS Certified Priority Mail -- on the usps website doesnt confirmed 'delivery' - it just states Arrived at Post Office - 04/12/2022 -- Chicago

04/14/2022 - received 3 text messages - case received

04/19/2022 - received by regular mail 3 letters -- NOA1 i guess -   i-485, i-131 & i-765

we'll see who is lucky and receive any documents first

ASC Appointment Notice - Case type I485; I765 -- Biometrics  -- date of appt - 05/11/2022 10am

with Applicants Information Worksheet - (AIW) - to fill out

UPDATE!!

we received a letter for the interview!! -- 06/23/2022 - 

pretty much to bring all document we sent with original package plus all other documents to confirm relationships - 

When I filled the AP travel form, I wrote down we were planing to have trip on october, did that help?? this is too fast

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Andrs01-2020 said:

Our details:

Sent Complete Package from K1 - very detailed as all the people suggest through experience

04/08/2022 - USPS Certified Priority Mail -- on the usps website doesnt confirmed 'delivery' - it just states Arrived at Post Office - 04/12/2022 -- Chicago

04/19/2022 - received by regular mail 3 letters -- NOA1 i guess -   i-485, i-131 & i-765

ASC Appointment Notice - Case type I485; I765 -- Biometrics  -- date of appt - 05/11/2022 10am

UPDATE!!

pretty much to bring all document we sent with original package plus all other documents to confirm relationships - 

When I filled the AP travel form, I wrote down we were planing to have trip on october, did that help?? this is too fast

Wow!! Congrats!! What's your secret? Lol lol 😆 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Andrs01-2020 said:

Our details:

UPDATE!!

That's incredible. Two in the April 2022 cohort from different field offices already scheduled for an interview. Congratulations!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
On 5/20/2022 at 11:48 AM, Gauchos said:

It's the number on your I-797 NOA2 that you received for the K1. For us it was next to the word "Beneficiary" just above the name.

Great! Thanks a lot! 

So did you guys include anything else beside the forms and the required documents, like pictures or proof of relationship? Or the marriage certificate is enough?

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Oti&Dum said:

Great! Thanks a lot! 

So did you guys include anything else beside the forms and the required documents, like pictures or proof of relationship? Or the marriage certificate is enough?

For ours I included proof of relationship: apartment rental lease that has both our names on it, proof he was added to my health insurance, proof he was added as an authorized user on one of my credit cards, copy of our joint bank account, and itinerary/ receipts from our honeymoon. It's up to you if you want to include relationship proof or not because you can still take it with you later on to the AOS interview.

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Oti&Dum said:

Great! Thanks a lot! 

I didn't put any proof of relationship beyond the marriage certificate. I get the sense (at least with the I-864) that extra information has the potential to cause problems. I did include a certified copy of the marriage certificate with the I-485 and photocopies for I-131 and I-765 because my wife changed her name and I read a few instances on here of RFE's for the I-765 even when a marriage certificate was sent for the I-485.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Okay, I got it. I just added some pictures from the wedding and if anything, I'll bring more to the interview. So you're saying that you included three marriage certificate copies, one for each form? I only sent one, hopefully it's not gonna be a problem. Also, what's de difference between a certified copy and a regular one? I just put a normal one. 

Edited by Oti&Dum

Timeline
1 hour ago, Oti&Dum said:

Okay, I got it. I just added some pictures from the wedding and if anything, I'll bring more to the interview. So you're saying that you included three marriage certificate copies, one for each form? I only sent one, hopefully it's not gonna be a problem. Also, what's de difference between a certified copy and a regular one? I just put a normal one. 

Yes, one for each form, but the general advice is that only one is required with the I-485 when all three forms are filed together. A certified copy (the version with a seal) isn't strictly required according to the instructions, but some folks have received RFEs for sending a regular copy and had to send a certified copy in response.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Oman
Timeline

Hi everyone, 

watching everyone proceeding is awesome, hopefully the wait becomes shorter and shorter.

Just a recap of mine.

Sent pkg: April 19th

NOA1's: April 20

Just did biometrics on May 24th and now I485 and I765 says actively being reviewed. I131 still says case received 😕 

Quick question though: My biometrics were only for I485 and I765 not for I131. And the I131 status still says "Case Received". Does I131 not need biometrics? 

1 hour ago, Abhik30 said:

Hi everyone, 

watching everyone proceeding is awesome, hopefully the wait becomes shorter and shorter.

Just a recap of mine.

Sent pkg: April 19th

NOA1's: April 20

Just did biometrics on May 24th and now I485 and I765 says actively being reviewed. I131 still says case received 😕 

Quick question though: My biometrics were only for I485 and I765 not for I131. And the I131 status still says "Case Received". Does I131 not need biometrics? 

Thinking they will use the biometrics they took for all your forms!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.