JojoandTomas

APRIL 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

237 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
5 hours ago, Em&Jen said:

Have you gotten a welcome letter? You need to make an account to the embassy webpage us travel docs then you need to fill DS-160. After doing that you choose on your account to new application. Then the application asks your DS-160 number and passport number and other basic information. Then you are taken to the MRV fee page where you are given CGI confirmation number. Then you are able to schedule the interview online.

And medical needs your NVC case number and they might ask your DS-160 confirmation page. You can see the list of doctors and just call them :)

We received the welcome letter, filed the Da-160, opened the account, completed all required info, but when we get to the MRV fee page it doesn't allow you to go any further.  It just states there are no appointments available please check back??

Timeline
6 minutes ago, keickhoff said:

We received the welcome letter, filed the Da-160, opened the account, completed all required info, but when we get to the MRV fee page it doesn't allow you to go any further.  It just states there are no appointments available please check back??

Oh I am sorry to hear that. You could try to email the embassy to ask the appointment? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, keickhoff said:

When I got my P3 I kind of panic and too excited, so I called. They set up the account for me and sent me to an automatic system and I put in my CC on the phone and made the payment (I got receipt confirmation and made sure with the agent the payment went through). And I was about to see my appointment online and make changes when needed. Not sure if it is the same with all embassy. Good luck! 

On 5/10/2022 at 7:27 AM, keickhoff said:

We received an email this morning that our application is being sent to the Argentina Embassy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Wooohoooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Updating our timeline for those of you behind us in the process you have an idea of how things are moving at the NVC

Did you schedule an appointment before they sent it or did it go without the appointment??

The NVC closed their phone lines so we can no longer call. This is to address backlogs I guess, which is good, but I don't know if they received our approved petition yet from USCIS. I don't have a case number either. I guess we will have to wait until it arrives in the mail to my fiance in New Zealand. Does anyone know how much longer it might be? I'm just missing him so bad and them closing the phone lines has been really depressing. I think it will be the Auckland consulate where he has his interview, but he hasn't received a letter yet. We only got approved on April 28, so maybe it isn't soon enough?

Thank You

N

Timeline

I just tried calling the NVC and got the message that they "suspended answering calls" in order to focus all their energy on processing applications. This is the number i called 603 334 0700. Last week when i called the message was different and they just had me on hold for forever. It has been over 5 weeks that we received our NOA2 (April 14th 2022) and no news from NVC as of yet. Does anyone have the same situation? What should we do? Is there a way to check or find out where is our application and when it will be processed by NVC? Thank you so much. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, sleepynoodle said:

I just tried calling the NVC and got the message that they "suspended answering calls" in order to focus all their energy on processing applications. This is the number i called 603 334 0700. Last week when i called the message was different and they just had me on hold for forever. It has been over 5 weeks that we received our NOA2 (April 14th 2022) and no news from NVC as of yet. Does anyone have the same situation? What should we do? Is there a way to check or find out where is our application and when it will be processed by NVC? Thank you so much. 

Hey!

Our NOA2 is 17th of April, NVC got our case on 12th of May.

i called then first time about our case number on 16th of May and no case number at that moment. Then I called them on 18th of May and they told me our case number.

Out case is still at the NVC according to their track website. Also when they assigned us the case number, there were no notice email although we registered one. And still no email 😅😅😅so if I hadn’t called them, probably we wouldn’t have learnt it until it got to the Embassy.

Did you register your email with them?

The number that you called is for immigration visas. I called 603 334 0888.

But it was before they announced suspension of the calls….

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So the embassy in my country had a live web seminar and apparently they have a surplus of availability for K1 visa interviews so hopefully tomar I’ll be in transit 🤞🏾

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

Anyone know if theres a “best” time to fill out Ds-160? 

Our case is currently at the NVC and we have a invoice/case # . My fiancé has filled out the form but hasn’t submitted yet. Would he be fine submitting it now or should he wait until it’s in transit to embassy?

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Fil&Em said:

Anyone know if theres a “best” time to fill out Ds-160? 

Our case is currently at the NVC and we have a invoice/case # . My fiancé has filled out the form but hasn’t submitted yet. Would he be fine submitting it now or should he wait until it’s in transit to embassy?

What I understood is that DS-160 is valid for 30 days. Our case is still at NVC too, hopefully tomorrow in transit. I filled the DS-160, because I am feeling super positive to get the interview appointment right away. What I do not know is what happens if that 30days will past? We have not received any email from NVC about the case number even we updated our emails for them. 

At this point I am just so impatient and missing my fiance so much, that I hoped if I do everything ready we are able to be together sooner. Cannot wait to marry the love of my life ❤️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

I didn’t know the s-160 was only valid for 30 days, we filed ours a week ago,  now waiting for an interview date.  Not sure what happens outside of the 30 days?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

Ahhh thanks i didn’t know about the 30 days either!

hopefully it just means u have to fill out a new one if it does expire 

Edited by Fil&Em

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.