llcoolwil

March 2022 I-130 Filers

379 posts in this topic

We just discovered that despite our receipt saying Nebraska, our case was transferred to Potomac on our PD.

Which is cool considering Potomac is currently at 12 months and not 10.5 like we've been led to believe 🙃

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Yellowcab1111 said:

We just discovered that despite our receipt saying Nebraska, our case was transferred to Potomac on our PD.

Which is cool considering Potomac is currently at 12 months and not 10.5 like we've been led to believe 🙃

Yep - this happened to us too. Our receipt said Nebraska but it was transferred to Potomac same day. Annoying.

ALSO! I'm also a future Orlando person ahaha

Edited by llcoolwil

4 hours ago, llcoolwil said:

Yep - this happened to us too. Our receipt said Nebraska but it was transferred to Potomac same day. Annoying.

ALSO! I'm also a future Orlando person ahaha

Amaze! I can’t wait to get back there. 

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to share my update as a March 2022 I-130 filer.

At the end of December 2022, we received a request to submit evidence of bona fide marriage. Our case was originally in Potomac, but noticed that this request was from Texas.

I was feeling bit bummed about this request because we worked hard on all the documents we submitted in March.

We just submitted the requested evidence online now. In the Processing Time tab, I see it says 5 weeks. Feeling bit more hopeful and hoping for the best.

Best wishes to you all too.

1 hour ago, Poofy said:

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to share my update as a March 2022 I-130 filer.

At the end of December 2022, we received a request to submit evidence of bona fide marriage. Our case was originally in Potomac, but noticed that this request was from Texas.

I was feeling bit bummed about this request because we worked hard on all the documents we submitted in March.

We just submitted the requested evidence online now. In the Processing Time tab, I see it says 5 weeks. Feeling bit more hopeful and hoping for the best.

Best wishes to you all too.

Hello! Thank you for letting us know your update. What evidence did you submit for proving that its a bona fide marriage? If you could just emphasize on this topic. 

7 minutes ago, FatemaZAlam said:

Hello! Thank you for letting us know your update. What evidence did you submit for proving that its a bona fide marriage? If you could just emphasize on this topic. 

Hi!

Initially, we had collection of photos, and with this request, we realized then that just the photos was not enough. So, in response to the request, we added ticket receipts and photos of passport stamps, photos of cards and letters, and also sent evidence of insurance coverage as a spouse and proof of beneficiary for life insurance and savings account.

edit: also, for the initial submission, we had an affidavit from a family member, but maybe it is considered as a weak evidence.

Edited by Poofy

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 3/6/2022 at 8:55 AM, llcoolwil said:

I couldn't find this thread so I'm starting one for the March 2022 filers :) Please remove if there is one that couldn't find! 

Date Filed: March 2, 2022

NOA1: March 3, 2022

Any update on your case?

Month/Day/Year

F2A

Married on 10/08/2012

I-130 sent on 09/15/2013

Priority day is 09/16/2013

I-130 was approved on 11/15/2013

I did wait almost 2 years for my visa available to be able to send I-485.

AOS

I-485 and I-765 were sent on 05/29/2015

USCIS Received Date June 02, 2015 

A check of $1070 was cashed by USCIS Chicago on 06/08/2015

Biometrics Appointment on July 1st, 2015

EAD is approved on August 10th 2015 (73 days)

Received EAD card on August 19th 2015

Sent renew EAD on April 9th 2016

Got interview notice on March 30th 2016

USCIS received on April 11th 2016

Interview Scheduled on May 3rd 2016

Approved on the spot - Handed print out approval notice.

Received 10 years GC in hand on May 7th 2016

N-400 

Filed online on 02/02/2021

NOA online on 02/02/2021

Received NOA in mail on 02/10/2021

Reuse Biometrics NOA online 02/19/2021

Received  in mail Reuse Biometrics NOA on  03/01/2021

Interview Scheduled on 02/17/2022

Interviewed on 03/16/2022

Oath scheduled on 03/22/2022

Took Oath on 04/02/2022

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 5/4/2022 at 1:26 AM, Azad&Darya said:

Hi March filers! 
I am a USC and filed I 130 for my wife on March 29 
NO1: March 29

CSC 

I 129F: April 19 

I hope a fast approval for everyone! 

Any update on your case?

Month/Day/Year

F2A

Married on 10/08/2012

I-130 sent on 09/15/2013

Priority day is 09/16/2013

I-130 was approved on 11/15/2013

I did wait almost 2 years for my visa available to be able to send I-485.

AOS

I-485 and I-765 were sent on 05/29/2015

USCIS Received Date June 02, 2015 

A check of $1070 was cashed by USCIS Chicago on 06/08/2015

Biometrics Appointment on July 1st, 2015

EAD is approved on August 10th 2015 (73 days)

Received EAD card on August 19th 2015

Sent renew EAD on April 9th 2016

Got interview notice on March 30th 2016

USCIS received on April 11th 2016

Interview Scheduled on May 3rd 2016

Approved on the spot - Handed print out approval notice.

Received 10 years GC in hand on May 7th 2016

N-400 

Filed online on 02/02/2021

NOA online on 02/02/2021

Received NOA in mail on 02/10/2021

Reuse Biometrics NOA online 02/19/2021

Received  in mail Reuse Biometrics NOA on  03/01/2021

Interview Scheduled on 02/17/2022

Interviewed on 03/16/2022

Oath scheduled on 03/22/2022

Took Oath on 04/02/2022

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 1/14/2023 at 2:59 PM, ABertozzi said:

Hi all,

I'm very excited to report that we were approved!!!

I received the "We have taken an action on your case" email today, but the approval notice date is Jan 12th.

Here's the timeline:

PD/NOA1: March 31st, 2022

AR1: March 31st, 2022

AR2: January 12th, 2023

NOA2: January 12th/13th, 2023

Regarding the NOA2 date, it's a bit strange because the notice itself says Jan 12th, but in the case history it says Jan 13th. And the email notification about AR2 came yesterday and the one about the approval came today (and I totally missed both because my phone has been acting up and didn't send me the notification about the emails).

We were at the Texas Service Center, though initially at Nebraska, it was transferred at some point along the way (we had an address change in July, so maybe that's when that occurred).

I am beyond excited, because I did not expect any movement this early. I was hoping for it, but never thought this would happen.

Here's hoping everyone in this group gets approved soon, best of luck to everyone! 

Amazing!! Potomac, as per usual, is taking their sweet time. I was Nebraska then moved to Potomac. Fingers crossed we see some approvals for the SC soon! 

2 hours ago, llcoolwil said:

Amazing!! Potomac, as per usual, is taking their sweet time. I was Nebraska then moved to Potomac. Fingers crossed we see some approvals for the SC soon! 

I was in Nebraska as well and got transferred the same day to Potomac, I can't comprehend why this service center is a lot slower than other ones.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.