Jump to content

141 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I couldn't find this thread so I'm starting one for the March 2022 filers :) Please remove if there is one that couldn't find! 

 

Date Filed: March 2, 2022

NOA1: March 3, 2022

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

You should come check out this thread: 

Make sure your timeline is up to date and you read the FAQ's.  You can then request to be added to the spreadsheet.  The FAQ's and spreadsheet are in my signature.  We've been tracking timelines for 3 years now.

 

 


Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Found out today that our application is actually with Potomac and NOT Nebraska. We checked 2 weeks after our NOA1 and the agent confirmed we were in Nebraska. Now the agent is claiming we were always at Potomac and the Potomac Service Center simply had Nebraska send us our receipt. I don't think I've heard of that before but who knows.

 

So not 100% sure who is right or wrong and if we were always there or if we were transferred there. I'm treating it as a transfer for timeline purposed but I'm really unsure. Feeling a bit deflated with the processing time comparison but I'm just going to try to trust the process and say they did it because the work load is less there than Nebraska. 

 

Aye yae yae. What a whirlwind this process is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, llcoolwil said:

Found out today that our application is actually with Potomac and NOT Nebraska. We checked 2 weeks after our NOA1 and the agent confirmed we were in Nebraska. Now the agent is claiming we were always at Potomac and the Potomac Service Center simply had Nebraska send us our receipt. I don't think I've heard of that before but who knows.

 

So not 100% sure who is right or wrong and if we were always there or if we were transferred there. I'm treating it as a transfer for timeline purposed but I'm really unsure. Feeling a bit deflated with the processing time comparison but I'm just going to try to trust the process and say they did it because the work load is less there than Nebraska. 

 

Aye yae yae. What a whirlwind this process is. 

How do i check where mine is? I filed in march also it's been about a month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Nalvarez said:

How do i check where mine is? I filed in march also it's been about a month.

You go to the USCIS website and chat with Emma. Ask for a live agent and then they will be able to update you on where your case is. Not the status of the case, but the location of where it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, llcoolwil said:

You go to the USCIS website and chat with Emma. Ask for a live agent and then they will be able to update you on where your case is. Not the status of the case, but the location of where it is.

This is what they told me 

"Multiple offices are involved in the processing of applications but if the ownership of the case file changes at that point a transfer notice or interview notice will be produced. If USCIS requests additional information on your case or issues a decision on your case, the notice you receive will indicate which USCIS office processed your case, i do not have that information"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, Nalvarez said:

This is what they told me 

"Multiple offices are involved in the processing of applications but if the ownership of the case file changes at that point a transfer notice or interview notice will be produced. If USCIS requests additional information on your case or issues a decision on your case, the notice you receive will indicate which USCIS office processed your case, i do not have that information"

That's odd. I'm not sure what to tell you about that as that's not the response we have received. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, Azad&Darya said:

Hi March filers! 
I am a USC and filed I 130 for my wife on March 29 
NO1: March 29

Status: Actively Reviewing 

CSC 

I 129F: April 19 

I hope a fast approval for everyone! 

Amazing!! I hope to see mine go into Actively Reviewing soon. Fingers crossed. Potomac is SLOW though lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everybody, 

NO1: 8 March 2022

RFE: 22 March 2022 - Asked for a joint sponsor and I have not been able to find one yet. Any ideas please? 

Biometrics: 26 April 2022 

Current status: actively reviewing

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I applied for the I-130 online in March. It currently says my case is being reviewed. 
 

is the next step proving your income? 
 

When is the step where you show taxes and/or paycheck stub? Can anyone explain this step.

Thanks!
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you need to do financial stuff when your case is in NVC. USCIS doesn’t ask for tax returns. It would be great if you create your timelines so we could see the progress of our cases. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2022 at 6:54 PM, llcoolwil said:

Found out today that our application is actually with Potomac and NOT Nebraska. We checked 2 weeks after our NOA1 and the agent confirmed we were in Nebraska. Now the agent is claiming we were always at Potomac and the Potomac Service Center simply had Nebraska send us our receipt. I don't think I've heard of that before but who knows.

 

So not 100% sure who is right or wrong and if we were always there or if we were transferred there. I'm treating it as a transfer for timeline purposed but I'm really unsure. Feeling a bit deflated with the processing time comparison but I'm just going to try to trust the process and say they did it because the work load is less there than Nebraska. 

 

Aye yae yae. What a whirlwind this process is. 

 

We filed February 2022 and same thing happened - Nebraska to Potomac. But honestly I think the estimates are BS so don't worry about it! 


Our Timeline

 

USCIS 
01/08/2022 - Married in Bulgaria

02/12/2022 - Submitted I-130 online 

02/12/2022 - NOA 1 (Nebraska Service Center) ➡️ Transferred (Potomac Service Center)

05/23/2022 - Sent K3 Packet

05/26/2022 - K3 Receipt Notice (Potomac Service Center)

06/21/2022 - Status Update (Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...