llcoolwil

March 2022 I-130 Filers

379 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I couldn't find this thread so I'm starting one for the March 2022 filers :) Please remove if there is one that couldn't find! 

Date Filed: March 2, 2022

NOA1: March 3, 2022

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You should come check out this thread: 

Make sure your timeline is up to date and you read the FAQ's.  You can then request to be added to the spreadsheet.  The FAQ's and spreadsheet are in my signature.  We've been tracking timelines for 3 years now.

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Found out today that our application is actually with Potomac and NOT Nebraska. We checked 2 weeks after our NOA1 and the agent confirmed we were in Nebraska. Now the agent is claiming we were always at Potomac and the Potomac Service Center simply had Nebraska send us our receipt. I don't think I've heard of that before but who knows.

So not 100% sure who is right or wrong and if we were always there or if we were transferred there. I'm treating it as a transfer for timeline purposed but I'm really unsure. Feeling a bit deflated with the processing time comparison but I'm just going to try to trust the process and say they did it because the work load is less there than Nebraska. 

Aye yae yae. What a whirlwind this process is. 

21 hours ago, llcoolwil said:

Found out today that our application is actually with Potomac and NOT Nebraska. We checked 2 weeks after our NOA1 and the agent confirmed we were in Nebraska. Now the agent is claiming we were always at Potomac and the Potomac Service Center simply had Nebraska send us our receipt. I don't think I've heard of that before but who knows.

So not 100% sure who is right or wrong and if we were always there or if we were transferred there. I'm treating it as a transfer for timeline purposed but I'm really unsure. Feeling a bit deflated with the processing time comparison but I'm just going to try to trust the process and say they did it because the work load is less there than Nebraska. 

How do i check where mine is? I filed in march also it's been about a month.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Nalvarez said:

How do i check where mine is? I filed in march also it's been about a month.

You go to the USCIS website and chat with Emma. Ask for a live agent and then they will be able to update you on where your case is. Not the status of the case, but the location of where it is.

53 minutes ago, llcoolwil said:

You go to the USCIS website and chat with Emma. Ask for a live agent and then they will be able to update you on where your case is. Not the status of the case, but the location of where it is.

This is what they told me 

"Multiple offices are involved in the processing of applications but if the ownership of the case file changes at that point a transfer notice or interview notice will be produced. If USCIS requests additional information on your case or issues a decision on your case, the notice you receive will indicate which USCIS office processed your case, i do not have that information"

Timeline
4 hours ago, Nalvarez said:

This is what they told me 

"Multiple offices are involved in the processing of applications but if the ownership of the case file changes at that point a transfer notice or interview notice will be produced. If USCIS requests additional information on your case or issues a decision on your case, the notice you receive will indicate which USCIS office processed your case, i do not have that information"

That's odd. I'm not sure what to tell you about that as that's not the response we have received. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi March filers! 
I am a USC and filed I 130 for my wife on March 29 
NO1: March 29

CSC 

I 129F: April 19 

I hope a fast approval for everyone! 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Azad&Darya said:

Hi March filers! 
I am a USC and filed I 130 for my wife on March 29 
NO1: March 29

CSC 

I 129F: April 19 

I hope a fast approval for everyone! 

Amazing!! I hope to see mine go into Actively Reviewing soon. Fingers crossed. Potomac is SLOW though lol

Hi everybody, 

NO1: 8 March 2022

RFE: 22 March 2022 - Asked for a joint sponsor and I have not been able to find one yet. Any ideas please? 

Biometrics: 26 April 2022 

Current status: actively reviewing

I think you need to do financial stuff when your case is in NVC. USCIS doesn’t ask for tax returns. It would be great if you create your timelines so we could see the progress of our cases. 

Timeline
On 4/12/2022 at 6:54 PM, llcoolwil said:

We filed February 2022 and same thing happened - Nebraska to Potomac. But honestly I think the estimates are BS so don't worry about it! 

USCIS 
01/08/2022 - Married in Bulgaria

02/12/2022 - Submitted I-130 online 

02/12/2022 - NOA 1 (Nebraska Service Center) ➡️ Transferred (Potomac Service Center)

05/23/2022 - Sent K3 Packet

05/26/2022 - K3 Receipt Notice (Potomac Service Center)

06/21/2022 - Status Update (Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS)

02/22/2023 - Approved 🎉 (notice came from NBC Service Center) 

Total: 375 days

NVC

03/01/2023 Welcome Email

03/01/2023 Paid Fees

03/03/2023 Submitted NVC paperwork

03/18/2023 Documentarily Qualified 🎉

04/04/2023 Received Interview Letter

Total: 34 days

Embassy - Sofia, Bulgaria

04/27/2023 - Medical

05/09/2023 - Interview (Approved)

USA

05/12/2023 - Arrived in the US

06/30/2023 - Received Green Card in the mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.