llcoolwil

March 2022 I-130 Filers

379 posts in this topic

Hi March fillers !

We filled for my daughter (under 21) on March 2nd, and received NOA1 March, 3rd.

We are still waiting but her case is not even under review. It's gonna be 4 months soon... and it's very long !

Our NOA1 said that she was at Nebraska but I downloaded the app "Lawfully" and it says that her case is at Potomac. 

I tried to talk with a live agent but Emma didn't let me... It's frustrating !

I'm also in the process but my case is at the NVC stage. We filled mine in June 2021 and I received my NOA1 on January 27th, 2022...

Happy to share this experience with you all ! 🙂

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Lauriane_C said:

Hi March fillers !

We filled for my daughter (under 21) on March 2nd, and received NOA1 March, 3rd.

We are still waiting but her case is not even under review. It's gonna be 4 months soon... and it's very long !

Our NOA1 said that she was at Nebraska but I downloaded the app "Lawfully" and it says that her case is at Potomac. 

I tried to talk with a live agent but Emma didn't let me... It's frustrating !

I'm also in the process but my case is at the NVC stage. We filled mine in June 2021 and I received my NOA1 on January 27th, 2022...

Happy to share this experience with you all ! 🙂

This is literally the exact same timeline and situation as me. Applied March 2, NOA1 March 3. Receipt said Nebraska, Emma told me Potomac. But it's unclear if I was ALWAYS Potomac or if I was transferred there. A bit confusing. 

I am also still in the Receipt stage and hoping to get into Actively Reviewing soon. I've seen some people with a March timeline at Potomac move to AR so I am keeping my fingers crossed that I'm soon. 

We are going to still be waiting quite a while though I think. Potomac is SLOW.

29 minutes ago, llcoolwil said:

This is literally the exact same timeline and situation as me. Applied March 2, NOA1 March 3. Receipt said Nebraska, Emma told me Potomac. But it's unclear if I was ALWAYS Potomac or if I was transferred there. A bit confusing. 

I am also still in the Receipt stage and hoping to get into Actively Reviewing soon. I've seen some people with a March timeline at Potomac move to AR so I am keeping my fingers crossed that I'm soon. 

We are going to still be waiting quite a while though I think. Potomac is SLOW.

I read somewhere that when you are transfered, you keep the processing timeline from your previous service center.

But the thing is that I didn't receive any transfer notice so I don't know

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Lauriane_C said:

I read somewhere that when you are transfered, you keep the processing timeline from your previous service center.

But the thing is that I didn't receive any transfer notice so I don't know

That's exactly the predicament I'm in. I don't know if I was transferred or if my receipt was incorrect and I was always at Potomac. I guess only time will tell how fast we will move, unfortunately. 

Best of luck to you and your cases! 

• 1 month later...
Timeline

So when I check my case status on the outward facing website, it still shows as "Case received", BUT we logged into MyUSCIS and saw the case history said it's being actively reviewed since June 23!! So good to see a bit of movement. I confirmed with EMMA that my case is indeed being actively reviewed as is ready for pre-adjudication. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 8/28/2022 at 10:59 PM, Glory2 said:

Hi!! 
Any update???? 
I filed in March 6 for my husband, I got the actively review the same day, and that’s it. Our case was initially in Nebraska but was transferred to Texas. 

I filed March 3 and only started getting actively reviewed June 23. Nothing since. I'm in Potomac.

Timeline
Just now, Glory2 said:

Thanks! I get so frustrated each time I check!!! How do you deal with the waiting??? I hope they start prioritizing family petitions. Good luck 🍀 

I'm just keeping myself busy! We are having our big wedding next month with the families so I've been distracting myself with that. What I will do when that is done I'm not sure lol

9 minutes ago, llcoolwil said:

I'm just keeping myself busy! We are having our big wedding next month with the families so I've been distracting myself with that. What I will do when that is done I'm not sure lol

Ohhh that’s great!!!! I’m visiting my husband on October, can’t wait!! I’m trying to study and just don’t think about it, but sometimes is so difficult!!! 
I hope your preparations go smoothly and that you two enjoy every minute of your wedding. 

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.