53 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys, I got my notice for my I-485 interview for March 1st & after reading through the recommended evidence for ongoing relationship I started to panic a bit. 

Due to SSA messing me around, I never got my SSN so most things I could never get.

So far aside from photos from our wedding ceremony in California (we had our actual wedding a few months before this at the courthouse to stay within the 90 days)… I’ve been able to be added as an authorized user to my husbands credit card & we have a Sam’s club membership together. 

He’s going to be talking to his work on Monday about a possible loop hole they may have managed to find to get me on his health insurance (it’s not open enrolment) so that’s a possibility! 
Our lease isn’t due for renewal until after the appointment date so I cant be added to that in time to use it as evidence either.

Is there any other ideas you guys have that I could use? Or do you think these things will be enough? 

I did check off for USCIS to apply for SSN for me due to not being able to get one in time, so I’m hoping they’d be understanding that most things require an SSN to be added to (eg bank accounts, car insurance, bills etc) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

Usually you can be added to a health plan within 30 days of marriage or move to the USA. 

USCIS understands that newly weds will have weak evidence.  Relax. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mike E said:

Usually you can be added to a health plan within 30 days of marriage or move to the USA. 

USCIS understands that newly weds will have weak evidence.  Relax. 

When my husband first questioned his work about this when he moved HR told him that I couldn’t be added.

We’ve obviously been married more than 30 days now lol

I’ve just seen plenty of people refused because they’re lacking proof of ties to the US & their relationship ongoing at the interview is all 🙂

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

Worst case you get denied and you file again. 

There are worst things in life than getting a 10 year green card afte two I-485s.  

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Worst case you get denied and you file again. 

There are worst things in life than getting a 10 year green card afte two I-485s.  

Not having an income for almost a year isn’t a great outcome or anything I want to delay any longer but okay… 

3 hours ago, TYosemite said:

Hey guys, I got my notice for my I-485 interview for March 1st & after reading through the recommended evidence for ongoing relationship I started to panic a bit. 

Due to SSA messing me around, I never got my SSN so most things I could never get.

So far aside from photos from our wedding ceremony in California (we had our actual wedding a few months before this at the courthouse to stay within the 90 days)… I’ve been able to be added as an authorized user to my husbands credit card & we have a Sam’s club membership together. 

He’s going to be talking to his work on Monday about a possible loop hole they may have managed to find to get me on his health insurance (it’s not open enrolment) so that’s a possibility! 
Our lease isn’t due for renewal until after the appointment date so I cant be added to that in time to use it as evidence either.

Is there any other ideas you guys have that I could use? Or do you think these things will be enough? 

I did check off for USCIS to apply for SSN for me due to not being able to get one in time, so I’m hoping they’d be understanding that most things require an SSN to be added to (eg bank accounts, car insurance, bills etc) 

He got an automatic open enrollment when you got married

Timeline
Just now, iwannaplay54 said:

He got an automatic open enrollment when you got married

Only for 30 days & HR gave him the wrong information regarding that.

They told him I couldn’t be added without an SSN at all & it wasn’t until last week that I found out about this loophole myself (loss of coverage) & had him talk to them again, looks like I should be okay on that now but unfortunate I couldve had coverage all along instead of paying $300 for mine separately lol

3 minutes ago, TYosemite said:

Only for 30 days & HR gave him the wrong information regarding that.

They told him I couldn’t be added without an SSN at all & it wasn’t until last week that I found out about this loophole myself (loss of coverage) & had him talk to them again, looks like I should be okay on that now but unfortunate I couldve had coverage all along instead of paying $300 for mine separately lol

I know enrollment rules.  Newborns are added to policies every day without SS cards or numbers on open enrollment “change in circimstance” events same as my wife was (with no SS number) within 30 days of getting married.

His HR denied you something you were legally entitled to.  You must realize this because you got insurance elsewhere without a SS number.

Edited by iwannaplay54

Timeline
Just now, iwannaplay54 said:

Newborns are added to policies every day without SS cards

His HR denied you something you were legally entitled to. 

Oh I 100% know that now, we’re equally mad about it.

We were pretty sure we could but when they said not without SSN we just figured it was another one of those things. 

10 minutes ago, TYosemite said:

Oh I 100% know that now, we’re equally mad about it.

We were pretty sure we could but when they said not without SSN we just figured it was another one of those things. 

They misled you

Timeline
1 hour ago, iwannaplay54 said:

They misled you

They absolutely did, so now we’re just trying to find other things we can use as evidence as it’s pretty lacking in that regard 

3 hours ago, TYosemite said:

Not having an income for almost a year isn’t a great outcome or anything I want to delay any longer but okay… 

You didn't apply concurrently for an EAD?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Your husband can also get a credit card in your name, as an extra to just being an "authorized user" on his card. No SSN needed, and that way you can take copies of both your cards showing the same card number. 

No SSN needed for joint bank accounts either, but that should've been done long ago so you had several statements to show. 

In many states you can also get a state ID and/or Drivers license without an SSN. 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I think Chase will allow you to open an account without a SSN. 
Credit card.

vehicle insurance 

In most cases I never bother, but affidavits from friends and family would help in your case.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

11 hours ago, TYosemite said:

We never received a SSN either. We took what we could: 1 credit card statement with both names on account, our Xfinity bill with both names, health insurance info with both names, photos, and that's it. 

Our IO never even looked at any evidence  though he did stress that having everything for removal of conditions is much more important. Good luck and congrats on the interview!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.