53 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, TYosemite said:

Okay I mean good for you??? 

I don’t drive so no auto insurance, can’t be added as a joint on his bank account with the bank he is with (we’ve called the bank & gone there several times), neither of us have life insurance as we’re in our early 20’s.

We have plenty of social evidence but most of what people suggest are things we’ve tried to get & have been turned away for so it’s not just talking out of my ### about it lol 

You can be added as a non-driver on an auto insurance policy easily. My husband just got his license this past October, but he has been on our auto insurance for two years.

On 2/13/2022 at 5:58 PM, TYosemite said:

Hey guys, I got my notice for my I-485 interview for March 1st & after reading through the recommended evidence for ongoing relationship I started to panic a bit. 

Due to SSA messing me around, I never got my SSN so most things I could never get.

So far aside from photos from our wedding ceremony in California (we had our actual wedding a few months before this at the courthouse to stay within the 90 days)… I’ve been able to be added as an authorized user to my husbands credit card & we have a Sam’s club membership together. 

He’s going to be talking to his work on Monday about a possible loop hole they may have managed to find to get me on his health insurance (it’s not open enrolment) so that’s a possibility! 
Our lease isn’t due for renewal until after the appointment date so I cant be added to that in time to use it as evidence either.

Is there any other ideas you guys have that I could use? Or do you think these things will be enough? 

I did check off for USCIS to apply for SSN for me due to not being able to get one in time, so I’m hoping they’d be understanding that most things require an SSN to be added to (eg bank accounts, car insurance, bills etc) 

You really don’t need SSN to be added to those you mentioned,  my partner added me to those without me having ssn.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, JosephAsh said:

You really don’t need SSN to be added to those you mentioned,  my partner added me to those without me having ssn.

We did in our case 🙂 

This is what a friend of ours took to his interview. He had a whole album with printed pictures with dates and the place labeled at the back of each picture. It has like trips him and his wife took together plus wedding pictures.

Avidafitsof support from your friends and  relatives ( atleast 4 or 5) showing your marriage  is valid ( try looking some up on google) . ANY membership you guys have together, sports, religious, clubs etc

Bank statements together, leasing, car ownership together.  Evidence ,plane tickets of trips you took together anywhere, utility bills with both your names on it. 

I don't think you need a SSN for most of this stuff. Worth a try

Edited by JaBY

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 2/13/2022 at 9:15 PM, TYosemite said:

They absolutely did, so now we’re just trying to find other things we can use as evidence as it’s pretty lacking in that regard 

I had to be persistent with my HR dept to get my wife added to my insurance without a SSN.  It took 2-3 e-mails and they took care of it. 

I think you have a pretty good claim to be added even after the 30-days, especially if you show the attempt to be added within the 30 days.  I think they will add you now if you ask assertively. 

I got my wife on our bank account, though she can't get a debit card or checkbook because no SSN and her name doesn't match her ID since she married. 

Our landlord is very kind and wrote us up a new lease with her name on it.  Maybe you could ask them to do that, too!  Worth asking. 

And any paper mail (official or handwritten) that comes to your shared home address, that has your name on it:   bring that also.  Especially if it's a bill or a bank statement or something.  Even if it's not strong evidence, the more the better, I think. 

Not that I know what I'm talking about, but that's our plan, anyway. 

Edited by Aaron101

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If possible have a joint bank account. I added my wife to my bank account and credit card. My wife put me on her health care. 
We also brought in additional photos. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
On 2/13/2022 at 5:58 PM, TYosemite said:

Hey guys, I got my notice for my I-485 interview for March 1st & after reading through the recommended evidence for ongoing relationship I started to panic a bit. 

Due to SSA messing me around, I never got my SSN so most things I could never get.

So far aside from photos from our wedding ceremony in California (we had our actual wedding a few months before this at the courthouse to stay within the 90 days)… I’ve been able to be added as an authorized user to my husbands credit card & we have a Sam’s club membership together. 

He’s going to be talking to his work on Monday about a possible loop hole they may have managed to find to get me on his health insurance (it’s not open enrolment) so that’s a possibility! 
Our lease isn’t due for renewal until after the appointment date so I cant be added to that in time to use it as evidence either.

Is there any other ideas you guys have that I could use? Or do you think these things will be enough? 

I did check off for USCIS to apply for SSN for me due to not being able to get one in time, so I’m hoping they’d be understanding that most things require an SSN to be added to (eg bank accounts, car insurance, bills etc) 

Relax, don't panic. I had the same experience years back. I have nothing to show except wedding pictures and some other family and friends events picture. My husband spoke mostly during the interview by letting the officer know I can't be added to anything without any proper form of identification and SSN. Just be honest and truthful. By noon that day, I was approved for my AOS. 

Edited by Bree-momo

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.