Sarge2155

February 2022 - AOS Filers

209 posts in this topic

On 5/23/2022 at 11:33 AM, Ian88 said:

Entered on a K1 via LAX on January 16, 2022.

Called my Social Security Administration office 10 days after entry and made an appointment. SSN (card) arrived 45 days later.

Filed I-485, I-765, and I-131 on February 2, 2022.

Biometrics appointment was on March 3, 2022. 

EAD card arrived on March 23, 2022.

Green Card interview was on May 20, 2022. Approved at the office and case updated online the next day. They also closed my EAD case at the same time.

Do you have to have unexpired I-94 to apply for SSN?

Edited by Margaretz17

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
9 hours ago, Margaretz17 said:

Do you have to have unexpired I-94 to apply for SSN?

It doesn't categorically say that you need an expired or unexpired i94 it just states that i94 on unexpired passport. I am sure there are others here with more experience in this. But you can check the requirements in the following link.

https://www.ssa.gov/ssnumber/ss5doc.htm

• Jan 26, 2021 = NOA 1 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Sep 8, 2021 = NOA 2 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Nov 16, 2021 =  K1 visa issued in Islamabad, Pakistan
  • Jan 20, 2022 = POE Dallas, Texas
  • Feb 14, 2022 = AOS (I-451, I-131, I765) Filed
  • Feb 20, 2022 = Receipt notice for all three received
  • March 21, 2022 = Biometrics in Dallas, Texas
  • August 9, 2022 = EAD (I-751 approved)
  • August 13, 2022 = EAD and SSN received (SSN applied with EAD)
  • September 6, 2022 = AP (I-131 approved)
  • September 13, 2022 = AP (I-131 receieved) 
  • March 15, 2023 = I-485 approved (interview waived, New SSN received without DHS wording)
  • March 31, 2023 = GC in hand (Total time from NOA-1 to GC in hand 794 days)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

We filed for K1-based AOS in February and I was shocked to receive our I-485 approval notice in the mail today.  Green card should be arriving Tuesday.  We seemed to get extremely lucky by not having to interview.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Denmark
Timeline
11 hours ago, Dr. Bob said:

We filed for K1-based AOS in February and I was shocked to receive our I-485 approval notice in the mail today.  Green card should be arriving Tuesday.  We seemed to get extremely lucky by not having to interview.

Wow! Did it just randomly show up or did your case get updated?

K1 process:

• 10-28-2020 - i-129f Received at Lockbox          
  • 12-08-2020 - NOA1 
  • 06-14-2021 - RFE 
  • 07-06-2021 - NOA2
  • 08-19-2021 - Arrived at Embassy
  • 10-07-2021 - Checklist received
  • 10-21-2021 - Interview & Approval
  • 12-29-2021 - Marriage :)

AOS:

• 01-29-2022 - Package sent to Phoenix Lockbox
  • 02-02-2022 - Credit Card Charged
  • 02-12-2022 - Notice of Biometrics
  • 03-09-2022 - Biometrics Appointment

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Barbados
Timeline
11 hours ago, Dr. Bob said:

Congrats!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Our AP was approved today, there is a notice of approval on the USCIS website.

Quick Question: How is the AP card send? is it a card like EAD or just a notice of approval (piece of paper) that you use at the airport?!

thanks

• Jan 26, 2021 = NOA 1 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Sep 8, 2021 = NOA 2 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Nov 16, 2021 =  K1 visa issued in Islamabad, Pakistan
  • Jan 20, 2022 = POE Dallas, Texas
  • Feb 14, 2022 = AOS (I-451, I-131, I765) Filed
  • Feb 20, 2022 = Receipt notice for all three received
  • March 21, 2022 = Biometrics in Dallas, Texas
  • August 9, 2022 = EAD (I-751 approved)
  • August 13, 2022 = EAD and SSN received (SSN applied with EAD)
  • September 6, 2022 = AP (I-131 approved)
  • September 13, 2022 = AP (I-131 receieved) 
  • March 15, 2023 = I-485 approved (interview waived, New SSN received without DHS wording)
  • March 31, 2023 = GC in hand (Total time from NOA-1 to GC in hand 794 days)

2 hours ago, mitzab said:

Our AP was approved today, there is a notice of approval on the USCIS website.

Quick Question: How is the AP card send? is it a card like EAD or just a notice of approval (piece of paper) that you use at the airport?!

thanks

If it’s just AP, it will be a piece of paper 

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Has anyone else received an interview date yet or any notice beyond biometrics? I noticed something odd in the two tabs for our 485 progress. There are two different dates noted as "response received". Anyone know why this is or what this means?

Question.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2022 at 10:26 PM, stringtheory said:

Has anyone else received an interview date yet or any notice beyond biometrics? I noticed something odd in the two tabs for our 485 progress. There are two different dates noted as "response received". Anyone know why this is or what this means?

Question.png

Either as above poster says or there was an update in your other case. I had the same thing (two dates by my 485) since June, when my EAD was issued.

Edited by olivia77

12 minutes ago, olivia77 said:

Either as above poster says or there was an update in your other case. I had the same thing (two dates by my 485) since June, when my EAD was issued.

Update

So, since Feb 22 submission, I have received an RFE and sent the documents immediately. In June, I got my expedited EAD. Ever since June, I had two different dates by “RFE evidence received” - the above said received in March and the other said received in June. And today, after six months from when they last looked exactly, I received an email from USCIS that my 485 was approved. No interview! I hope things start moving for the February filers!

Edited by olivia77

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
23 hours ago, olivia77 said:

Update

So, since Feb 22 submission, I have received an RFE and sent the documents immediately. In June, I got my expedited EAD. Ever since June, I had two different dates by “RFE evidence received” - the above said received in March and the other said received in June. And today, after six months from when they last looked exactly, I received an email from USCIS that my 485 was approved. No interview! I hope things start moving for the February filers!

Congratulations!!  We are in the same boat, Feb 22 filers with no RFEs. 

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Feb 22 filer here.  My wife received a notice that her AOS case was approved yesterday evening (Chicago office).  She never received her EAD or AP documents.  I just wanted to give everyone hope.  It was almost 11 months to the day.

Hi everyone!!
So my i-485 has finally been approved today! 
I'm really happy because last night I prayed for any answer as my aunt was ill and I just prayed I wanted to go back home to see her asap and my family too.

Date Filed :    2022-02-23
NOA Date :    2022-03-07
Bio. Appt. :    2022-04-06
RFE(s) :    2022-12-07
Approval Date :    2023-01-26

My Employment Authorization and Advanced Parole strangely has not been approved. It was sent together with the i-485.
Will this come after or together?

Edited by breadlover408

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.