Sarge2155

February 2022 - AOS Filers

209 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Misscloud said:

thats my guess. ive been thinking about it for months. same with people who filed in 2020 and early 2021 and no news until now. not just EAD but AOS too. its crazy. i read somewhere on reddit  there's uscis worker ( obviously they'are not gonna reveal what is their job) responded that they did actually just grab whatever pile that they can get. of course noone can vouch if its really what happened or not

Ok. You are lucky then . 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Last Thursday, I received an email re: expedite request for 765, they wanted me to fax proof/documents supporting my request. I faxed everything last Monday morning.  Then Tuesday the next morning, I received an update for my 485, RFE was sent.  Then I received a text and email regarding request to speak with a Tier 2 officer(requested this 2 weeks ago).  It says in the text and email that the officer will call in 1-2 business days. Today is the 2nd business day, What I got earlier this morning is an email, from what I understand, that the reason I want to speak with a Tier 2 officer can be answered in their website.  Still waiting for the RFE in the mail, hopefully tom or on Saturday we'll get it.

PD 130 - online 01/08/22

PD 485/765/864/693 - 02/09/22

Biometrics Done - 03/29/22

Expedite Request email reply - 06/02/22

Faxed Expedite Docs - 06/06/22

485 Case update RFE Sent(Mail) - 06/07/22

On 6/5/2022 at 6:38 PM, friscoflip said:

Any Feb filers who requested expedite for EAD?  Was it successful? what documents did you fax? Thanks in advance!

We did, process we adopted was asking for a tier 2 officer call back and then approach the congressman as well. Once a case officer has been assigned to your case they will ask for a proof. Some even got the card without a proof being asked for.

On 3/24/2022 at 1:16 PM, olivia77 said:

Hi all,

joining just now.

Filed AOS application together with EAD application (no AP).

Sent via FedEx: February 17, 2022

USCIS receipt: February 22, 2022

USCIS sent an email they assigned a biometrics appt: March 5, 2022

USCIS sent an email that they're sending us a RFE: March 9, 2022

Received a generic RFE for Affidavit by mail: March 14, 2022

Mailed evidence for the RFE: March 18, 2022

Currently we're waiting for USCIS portal to update receipt of our evidence.

Biometrics to take place: March 29, 2022

Update to my case.

05/27/2022 submitted EAD expedite request through USCIS, and a few days later through Congress

06/21/2022 EAD was approved

Just now, olivia77 said:

Update to my case.

05/27/2022 submitted EAD expedite request through USCIS, and a few days later through Congress

1 minute ago, olivia77 said:

Update to my case.

How do you request expedite through Congress? Did you just call USCIS and requested ? Any docs you submitted? 

2 minutes ago, prai said:

How do you request expedite through Congress? Did you just call USCIS and requested ? Any docs you submitted? 

I've shared a bit on this on p.10 of this thread.

First, I called USCIS and got a reference number to open a service request. I was told to wait for an email instructions, but from what I've read on VJ forums, many were denied without USCIS even seeing any proof. (I have never received the email instructions, by the way. Just an update weeks later that the request was submitted and will look into it.)

Then, I immediately contacted my local congressman's office by phone. VJ forum posts were very helpful (look for your local congress page > help with a federal agency for further information). They were very responsive and super helpful and were happy to contact USCIS on my behalf. 

Afterwards, I've sent them a cover letter (template also found here on VJ), signed & scanned privacy release form, and a compilation of USCIS receipts and proofs in one PDF (I think about 12-13 pages that included numbered proof backing up my claims of my cover letter. Things like my income before moving here with currency conversions, salary average statistics with for my industry here in the US, my calculation range of lost income since arrival during the K1 process, proof of me running a business with achievements and credentials, pending client contract offers, and other relevant details. Oh, I also included the fact that DMV won't issue a DL without an EAD in my state with screenshots, and why this is relevant for my business - I've even used screenshots of the geographic area where I live).

It took a month but it was very well worth it. So, in total, my EAD approval took 124 days.

22 hours ago, olivia77 said:

I've shared a bit on this on p.10 of this thread.

First, I called USCIS and got a reference number to open a service request. I was told to wait for an email instructions, but from what I've read on VJ forums, many were denied without USCIS even seeing any proof. (I have never received the email instructions, by the way. Just an update weeks later that the request was submitted and will look into it.)

Then, I immediately contacted my local congressman's office by phone. VJ forum posts were very helpful (look for your local congress page > help with a federal agency for further information). They were very responsive and super helpful and were happy to contact USCIS on my behalf. 

Afterwards, I've sent them a cover letter (template also found here on VJ), signed & scanned privacy release form, and a compilation of USCIS receipts and proofs in one PDF (I think about 12-13 pages that included numbered proof backing up my claims of my cover letter. Things like my income before moving here with currency conversions, salary average statistics with for my industry here in the US, my calculation range of lost income since arrival during the K1 process, proof of me running a business with achievements and credentials, pending client contract offers, and other relevant details. Oh, I also included the fact that DMV won't issue a DL without an EAD in my state with screenshots, and why this is relevant for my business - I've even used screenshots of the geographic area where I live).

It took a month but it was very well worth it. So, in total, my EAD approval took 124 days.

Thanks for the info. I called this morning and requested to expedite EAD hoping to hear good news soon :)

• 2 weeks later...

just wanted to give quick update :

11/30/2020 PD i-130 ( never been approved, complete silence)

02/07/22 : file i-485 & i-765 received by USCIS

02/09/22 : biometric reused

05/19/22 : interview was scheduled 

06/28/22 : interview day. approved on the spot for i-130, i-485 administrative closure until my removal proceeding terminated by immigration judge

06/30/22 : i130 approval notice

total took 19 months for my i-130 approval ( married with USC)

now i can request for removal proceeding with the judge using i-130 approval notice. once the judge terminate the case, i can ask USCIS to open my i-485 case

Edited by Misscloud

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline

Just received the Employment Authorization card in the mail today!

NOA1: 02/01/2022

Date Approved: 07/01/2022

Card Received: 07/08/2022

No news yet on AP or the i-485.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Barbados
Timeline

NOA1: 2-15-22

EAD card received today! Still waiting on AP. We are trying to travel in September so hopefully soon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.