Iffi_Malik

Ahmadis marriage certificate rejection

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello everyone,

My name is irfan. My wife and i belongs to ahmadiyya muslim community. I live in pakistan and my wife is a US citizen. We applied for immigrant visa and our case is in NVC documents review stage. We submitted all required docum Including affidavit financial, civil, personal info, marriage certificate etc. NVC is keep rejecting our marriage certificate by sending us a notice to upload a nikah nama and certified english with it. But we don't get any other documents regard our marriage except the one we get from our religious authority. US state also mentioned this in there website that minority groups can submit their religious based marriage documents only. But it's the third time we resubmitted our same marriage certificate after rejection becuz we don't have any other. Does anyone know about the matter how to get through this? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I think the problem maybe around Pakistan not acknowledging these Muslims as Muslims.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

When you resubmit, maybe you can add a letter explaining that you are Ahmadis (use the exact word in their instructions to avoid confusion) and a copy of the instructions on the page @Crazy Cat provided.

Timeline

@Crazy Cat @Marieke H @Boiler Thank you for your reply. Yes after 2nd time rejection. We did submit a personal statement letter this time that explains we are Ahmadis and only got the one marriage certificate from our religious authority. We pasted the Travel state gove reciprocity of documents for pak link in the statement and also pasted the information as @Crazy Cat shows in comments. Let's see what they do this time. I mean we just get a nikkah nama and marriage certificate two things from our religious authority. Both documents we have submitted. But we are worried if this time they did the same. Becuz already we have spent 9 months on same stage. We tried to contact on help service center too. They also said try to add a personal statement letter. So we did 

hopefully this time we get a good news. 

On 1/7/2022 at 9:30 AM, Crazy Cat said:

Actually, it doesn't say that exactly.  It says NON-Muslim groups can send only a religious marriage document only.  Muslims must send more.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Pakistan.html

image.thumb.png.4b6a3563642b75171dbc59f3c811e7e4.png

It actually says that Ahmadis can use their religious certificates

Obligatory disclaimer:  Not a lawyer.  Posts are written based on my own research and based on whatever information is provided.  Consult an immigration attorney regarding your specific case.

On 1/8/2022 at 8:16 AM, irfan sarfraz said:

@Crazy Cat @Marieke H @Boiler Thank you for your reply. Yes after 2nd time rejection. We did submit a personal statement letter this time that explains we are Ahmadis and only got the one marriage certificate from our religious authority. We pasted the Travel state gove reciprocity of documents for pak link in the statement and also pasted the information as @Crazy Cat shows in comments. Let's see what they do this time. I mean we just get a nikkah nama and marriage certificate two things from our religious authority. Both documents we have submitted. But we are worried if this time they did the same. Becuz already we have spent 9 months on same stage. We tried to contact on help service center too. They also said try to add a personal statement letter. So we did 

hopefully this time we get a good news. 

Do your ID documents (CNIC, Passport, etc) show that you are Ahmadi, or do they say Muslim/Islam?  The reason is that if it does say Ahmadi, you can use that to prove that you are Ahmadi.  Then, you can use the screenshot of the reciprocity page to prove that, as Ahmadis, a Nikah Nama is not required from you.

If your ID documents say Muslim, then you may have a harder time explaining the situation.  Not saying it is impossible, but you have to look at it from USCIS' point of view - if you say Muslim, then they will require a Nikah Nama.  How would they know otherwise?

Obligatory disclaimer:  Not a lawyer.  Posts are written based on my own research and based on whatever information is provided.  Consult an immigration attorney regarding your specific case.

Timeline

Dear @pm5k

yes my id and pasport shows that i am an ahmadi. Id card doesn't have the part religious shown on the card but in the background information it has the section of religious where it confirms that i am an ahmadi. But passport shows the religion part on it and there it is also written that i am an ahmadi. 
you are right if they reject this time too. I can send a screenshot of the part.

but we already submitted last time a personal statement letter where we clearly mentioned that we are ahmadis. Even our marriage certificate shows that we belong to ahmadi community. Idk why after watching it they again asked for a nikah nama and etc. we are very upset from the situation. It's close now the reply will hopefully come soon before 20th January 2022. Let's see what they do this time.

Timeline

Alhamdulillah (Thanks to God)

NVC finally approved our documents and made us qualified for interview. After 3rd re-submission with the statement letter, they actually understood that ahmadis only able to submit these two marriage documents 1.nikkah form 2. Nikkah nama.

if there any brother or sister having or may have the same problem try this procedure  to avoid such problems and delays. Hopefully someone will get help.

thank you guys for your consideration and help. Please pray once for us may Allah grant us success in further process soon.
🙏🏻🙂

19 hours ago, irfan sarfraz said:

NVC finally approved our documents and made us qualified for interview. After 3rd re-submission with the statement letter, they actually understood that ahmadis only able to submit these two marriage documents 1.nikkah form 2. Nikkah nama.

if there any brother or sister having or may have the same problem try this procedure  to avoid such problems and delays. Hopefully someone will get help.

thank you guys for your consideration and help. Please pray once for us may Allah grant us success in further process soon.
🙏🏻🙂

Thank you for reporting back! I'm glad to hear that your documents were finally accepted!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2023 at 9:58 PM, Shahin Akter said:

Me & my husband also Ahmadi,  i am a Bangladeshi &. My husband is Pakistani, which type of statement letter you submitted?  Did you take sign from National Amir in that statement letter? Should I submit nikah form also with marriage certificate? 

Where did you get married?  use the document issued in that country

• 2 months later...
On 1/16/2022 at 7:51 PM, Marieke H said:

Thank you for reporting back! I'm glad to hear that your documents were finally accepted!

On 1/16/2022 at 12:31 AM, Iffi_Malik said:

🙏🏻🙂

Hi bro how Are i am also belong tu Ahmadiyya community and apply for my wife but they don’t accept my marriage certificate they required Nadra marriage certificate please e.mail me ur no. I wanna talk too you howa i submit i dont under stand too upset 

e.mail id : (removed)

thanks mail me plz 

Edited by Ontarkie
edited to removed personal information

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Document Name: For U.S. immigration purposes, Pakistani Muslim applicants must present both an original, signed Nikah Nama (with its English translation) and a NADRA-issued marriage registration certificate. Note that while both documents reflect similar information, each on its own does not constitute sufficient proof of marriage.

Christians, Hindus, Ahmadis, and other applicants considered to be non-Muslim must present only a marriage certificate issued by their respective religious authority (i.e. a church or temple), since Union Councils do not uniformly issue NADRA certificates to these groups.

Citizens of Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) and Afghans living in Pakistan must also only present a marriage certificate issued by religious authorities, as Union Councils do not issue NADRA certificates to these groups.

Issuing Authority: Union Councils register Nikah Nama documents for Pakistani Muslim citizens and issue subsequent NADRA marriage certificates.  Marriage certificates for Ahmadis, Christians, Hindus, Parsis, and other non-Muslim citizens are issued by their respective sectarian registration authority (i.e. church or temple), (Note: Some Union Councils have begun issuing NADRA marriage certificates to Hindus and Christians, though this process has not yet been standardized. As a result, such NADRA certificates are not required for non-Muslim applicants, per the above.)

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.