Sarge2155

December 2021 - AOS Filers

159 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, RoHus said:

Hi All, we received NOA1 for I485, I131 and I765 on Dec 13th and we haven't heard anything from them yet. Could you tell us how they will notify us to schedule biometric? Shouod we do anything?

They will notify you by mail, sometimes it lists on your online account before it goes out in the mail. Nothing for you to do but continue to wait! I take that back you can continue to gather your documentation i.e., bank account statements, utility bills etc, for your AOS interview. Other than that just continue to wait it should be coming soon!

Edited by Sarge2155

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

7 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

They will notify you by mail, sometimes it lists on your online account before it goes out in the mail. Nothing for you to do but continue to wait! I take that back you can continue to gather your documentation i.e., bank account statements, utility bills etc, for your AOS interview. Other than that just continue to wait it should be coming soon!

Thank you!

Do you know where in this forum I can find the detailed list of what to gather for AOS interview?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
On 12/27/2021 at 5:42 PM, eyk said:

UPDATE: 

Biometric appointment: 1/21/2022

RFE received on 12/28/2021 for a copy of birth certificate

My husband was born in Indonesia but is a Korean national.  His family lost his birth certificate when he was a child and the birth hospital only keeps documents for 5 years...  We submitted the Basic & Family certificate (issued by Korean gov) and an Affidavit of Birth signed by his father.   All of this was submitted in the original submission, but we ended up resubmitting with an explanation.   Unfortunately, the government in Indonesia is not helpful and the embassy won't provide secondary evidence without the original...  Anyone ever run into this situation?  

Hoping they'll accept our package as is... 

1 hour ago, RoHus said:

Thank you!

Do you know where in this forum I can find the detailed list of what to gather for AOS interview?

Just do a search in the forum. But you'll  need to take everything you submitted in your AOS packet plus all documents and evidence you've gathered up until the interview. There are plenty of guides here on VJ just  search!

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

5 minutes ago, RoHus said:

Already did and cannot find. Thats why I asked. 

Documents that support and or prove your relationship is genuine  i.e., joint bank statements, phone bills, joint taxes, insurance, wills, mortgages, utility Bill's in both names. Things that show married couples live together. You'll be collecting that stuff from the day you were married up until your interview. 

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Adjustment of status (F1 to GC)

Married to US Citizen

Sent to Chicago Lockbox: concurrent filing (i-130, i-485, i-765, i-131, i-693, and i-864)

12/14/2021 - Sent package with USPS

12/15/2021- Package received according to USPS tracking

I read some people who filed after my filing date already got their receipt notice (it gets me a bit anxious, to be honest). But I hope I can hear back from USCIS soon (fingers crossed).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Sent Aos, Ead & Advanced travel parole application via FedEx on 12/21/21.

It was delivered and signed for on 12/23 at the Chicago Lockbox.

I did not submit the form that allows me to receive a text and the check has still not been cashed. Is there a delay with the Chicago lock box or should I be worried?

5 minutes ago, Lissweetaspie said:

Sent Aos, Ead & Advanced travel parole application via FedEx on 12/21/21.

It was delivered and signed for on 12/23 at the Chicago Lockbox.

I did not submit the form that allows me to receive a text and the check has still not been cashed. Is there a delay with the Chicago lock box or should I be worried?

No need to worry  still early  yet. The holidays have just passed, give them awhile yet!

Citizenship Complete!

19 hours ago, Bahkstro said:

Adjustment of status (F1 to GC)

Married to US Citizen

Sent to Chicago Lockbox: concurrent filing (i-130, i-485, i-765, i-131, i-693, and i-864)

12/14/2021 - Sent package with USPS

12/15/2021- Package received according to USPS tracking

I read some people who filed after my filing date already got their receipt notice (it gets me a bit anxious, to be honest). But I hope I can hear back from USCIS soon (fingers crossed).

Don't  compare when your case was filed or compare your case to other cases. USCIS  works in no standard order no way you can make heads or tails of it.

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

K1 to AOS 

Filed all our paperwork on Dec 27th 2021 

USPS tracking says it got delivered Dec 29th 2021 

Didn't receive our NOA1 yet.. Not as an e-notification, nor in the mail. 

Adjustment of status Timeline

Filed i-130, i-485, i-765, i-131, i-693, and i-864

December 28th -  filed 

January 6th -  check was cashed. 

Waiting for NOA1 to come through in the mail. 

1 hour ago, BuffPool said:

Adjustment of status Timeline

Filed i-130, i-485, i-765, i-131, i-693, and i-864

December 28th -  filed 

January 6th -  check was cashed. 

Waiting for NOA1 to come through in the mail. 

Welcome to the thread!

Citizenship Complete!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.