ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

On 5/18/2022 at 8:24 AM, herecomestherain said:

So happy to see these updates on the older cases😭

Looks like some movement for 3/7 of the October cases! I hope they are getting through this slog.

@Rosinasaur @deep2ca @Ap 5535

Any updates this month for you guys?

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/9/2022 at 9:35 PM, JR90 said:

I've gotten a response within one hour (passport related) to two weeks (general inquiry on my file).

@JR90 @ice-qube@BatmanFlow@ohmygod 2 weeks tomorrow and still have not heard back from them.  I got the auto reply immediately but nothing since.  There doesn’t seem to be any consistency in how timely they respond or if they respond at all.  Do you think it is safe to resend an email after two week mark if no response? 

Edited by Bog-can

52 minutes ago, Bog-can said:

@JR90 @ice-qube@BatmanFlow@ohmygod 2 weeks tomorrow and still have not heard back from them.  I got the auto reply immediately but nothing since.  There doesn’t seem to be any consistency in how timely they respond or if they respond at all.  Do you think it is safe to resend an email after two week mark if no response? 

Maybe try the public inquiry form?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, herecomestherain said:

Looks like some movement for 3/7 of the October cases! I hope they are getting through this slog.

No update here, last update was March 16th but I am pretty sure that was related to us requesting a senator to inquire. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Bog-can said:

Safe, sure, I don't see why not. Once in a while, they will respond; and at least half the time, if not more, they will ignore it.

5 hours ago, WishIWasntHere said:

Has anyone else received a response email without your case getting updated? I got a response after 4 weeks wait but I have no updates since February still…

Yes. Often when they respond with their bureaucratic canned responses, there is no update on the case. Has happened to me many times.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
13 hours ago, herecomestherain said:

Nope, Nada. My last update date is still Jan 11th, 2022. I don't get updates even when I email them.

Timeline

So my update was a local rep inquiry. I had emailed them last week and they didn’t respond. I emailed them again and looks like they jsut sent an inquiry, which triggered the last updated date. 

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Timeline
12 hours ago, Rosinasaur said:

Nope, Nada. My last update date is still Jan 11th, 2022. I don't get updates even when I email them.

Maybe they want to generate business for lawyers to file mandamus suits. Those fortunate enough to have $5,000 USD to burn on mandamus suits can receive their visas in good time! 🙄

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, ice-qube said:

Maybe they want to generate business for lawyers to file mandamus suits. Those fortunate enough to have $5,000 USD to burn on mandamus suits can receive their visas in good time! 🙄

I have thought about this too. Hard not to think it though

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, ice-qube said:

We've contacted two lawyers offices and neither of them will file a Mandamus lawsuit for us because we're doing K1. 😢 We're willing to pay.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Rosinasaur said:

We've contacted two lawyers offices and neither of them will file a Mandamus lawsuit for us because we're doing K1. 😢 We're willing to pay.

Well you or any of us shouldn’t *have to* pay, even if we can. This is outrageously unjust. I already pay a lot of expenses for myself and help my wife as well, there is no extra income to just blow on mandamus suits. Do people not need savings or otherwise for, you, know, *other stuff*? This is my whole problem with the mandamus thing. It is wrong that I would have to blow a significant amount of money just to get what should be a simple decision on my visa. I am resisting it, yes, on principle—because this is garbage. People can say, “oh you should just do it and get it over with,” but I disagree. The principle of having to pay a large sum of money to a third party just so I can finally receive a decision is utterly unjust, besides the financial consideration. The government is obligated to respect the right of my wife, a USC, to make a decision on admitting her husband to live with her in the United States. I appreciate that all of you are willing to pay extra money just to make the suffering stop, but I am not. It is not my obligation to do so, it is the government’s obligation to provide a decision on my case, without forcing me and my wife to file a costly lawsuit. If anyone is willing to file a class action mandamus suit, if that is possible, I would consider joining, but no, I do not want to pay this ransom money to get what is supposed to be due, long before.

On 5/21/2022 at 3:13 AM, ice-qube said:

well here is it another Friday and still deep inside a black hole. My apologies to anyone who is tired of hearing me whine, because I sure am sick of myself too.

@ice-qube I check this thread twice a week to see how you're doing. 

Be aware I am never tired of hearing you vent... VENT not whine. 

We all need a safe space to vent about immigration and this is your platform. 

Every week I hope you'll update you've received an answer and you are no longer in this black hole. 

I'm pulling for you! 

Edited by ROK2USA

Timeline
13 hours ago, ROK2USA said:

@ice-qube I check this thread twice a week to see how you're doing. 

Be aware I am never tired of hearing you vent... VENT not whine. 

We all need a safe space to vent about immigration and this is your platform. 

Every week I hope you'll update you've received an answer and you are no longer in this black hole. 

I'm pulling for you! 

Thanks so much! I am hoping that we all have this settled sooner rather than later. It gets hard to maintain enthusiasm after 200 days in administrative processing. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.