ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
54 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

I think, once they receive clearance of DS5535, Montreal asks you to redo your medicals, and then issue the visas. 

Logistically, since you need your passport back to do the medicals, so I think, they will send it back to you and then you have to send the passports back again to the consulate for visa issuance…

The physician can use alternative form of government issued IDs but will need passport details such as number, date of expiry and place of birth in order to do the medical. They do not need the passport as such as long as you can provide the details inside the passport along with alternative IDs to conduct second medicals.

Good luck!

21 hours ago, hkn1 said:

Hi all,

So sorry to hear that there hasn't been much update for those of us hit with the DS Questionnaire since late 2021....my husband ended up getting a job in Ontario and he's pursuing Canadian PR now. We can't afford to keep waiting in AP Hell so we're going through with this backup plan of him moving to Canada. I know it's not much of an update that y'all would want to hear to keep the hope alive, but this is the new route we are taking as it stands. My interview was back in early November 2021; haven't had a SINGLE update on my case since December 2021, literally almost five months ago. We've been in the dark since then and every email asking for updates has been met with a robo reply. Hope everybody is taking care, and stay strong no matter how you choose to manage immigration frustration! Wishing better news to come!

What is the process of getting a job there? Did He have to get a work permit first or job? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~One post removed for condoning/instructing how to commit  immigration fraud. Another post removed for quoting said post.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, Bill22 said:

Hi guys, long term lurker here.

I had my interview early December of 2021, got hit with the DS5535 and am still waiting :(

Hi! Sorry you're here. I hope all our cases start getting processed again ASAP. At least we're in this together.

Shout out to the lurkers. We know you're out there and this sucks ❤️

If you feel like it, introduce yourself and let us know when your interview was. So far I see 39 open cases that have been reported.

15 hours ago, Bill22 said:

Hi guys, long term lurker here.

I had my interview early December of 2021, got hit with the DS5535 and am still waiting :(

Welcome Bill and I'm sorry you're going through this.

Out of the shadows, another lurker, "hi ya'll". The frustration and anxiety is unlike anything, I empathize with everyone who has pinned hopes & dreams on a move, and missed opportunities while planning to depart for a new life, to only find they are in another queue.  

Another DS-5535 from Montreal, womp womp!! Interviewed on Jan 24th, Medical was delayed, but arrived on the 26th, got hit with the DS, and shared info back the same day (24th). No updates since. Just responses to email questions and one review date update on the status, received the same day as an email response. 

Locked down from travel for two years by a global pandemic, now locked down by the consulate holding onto my passport! Fun times...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations @EB_Stuck. That is amazing news.  Would you mind sharing a bit more information on the process just before issuing?  Did they email you to take another medical (assuming yours expired)?  If so, what Dr. did you see and was there an issue with them being able to submit a second medical?  There was a situation on here that Dr. M's office in Toronto where the office was having issues submitting the 2nd medical.

Did they keep your passport this entire time?

Thank you and again, Congratulations to making out of this hell.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Krisara said:

Congratulations @EB_Stuck. That is amazing news.  Would you mind sharing a bit more information on the process just before issuing?  Did they email you to take another medical (assuming yours expired)?  If so, what Dr. did you see and was there an issue with them being able to submit a second medical?  There was a situation on here that Dr. M's office in Toronto where the office was having issues submitting the 2nd medical.

Did they keep your passport this entire time?

Thank you and again, Congratulations to making out of this hell.

Thanks @Krisara. Sure, I can share the info:

The case stayed refused with updated date once they issued another 221g for new medicals. After submitting the medicals, the case got updated to ready and then issued in about 2 weeks.

Our medicals expired towards the end of March 2022. They asked for new medicals mid April 2022 through an email with updated 221g form. We saw Dr. Zatzman from Vaughan. No issues in submitting the medicals again. We didn't have our passports on us as the consulate kept them. The medical office was able to pull records from previous medical to fill in most of the details. We supplemented the medicals with our alternative IDs.

Timeline
3 hours ago, A.Jon.Satko said:

Has anyone asked for the passport back while their case is in processing?  My spouse travels a lot for work and needs his passport back.

Also curious, can a Canadian citizen enter the US while your case is in the Administrative Processing mode?

I had thought of requesting my passport at some point during the wait; but my lawyer advised me against it. He said, it will complicate things especially with respect to the mandamus lawsuit.

With DS-260; the immigrant intent is clear; so traveling on Canadian passport will put you in a tricky situation. Ideally, if you are following the law; the burden is on you to convince the CBP officer that you do not have immigrant intent on B1/B2 stamp entry. Which again is a matter of contention and point of deliberation. Some lawyers hedge one way (for point entry) vs. others hedge other way.  Consult an attorney for legal advise.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, EB_Stuck said:

Thanks @Krisara. Sure, I can share the info:

The case stayed refused with updated date once they issued another 221g for new medicals. After submitting the medicals, the case got updated to ready and then issued in about 2 weeks.

Our medicals expired towards the end of March 2022. They asked for new medicals mid April 2022 through an email with updated 221g form. We saw Dr. Zatzman from Vaughan. No issues in submitting the medicals again. We didn't have our passports on us as the consulate kept them. The medical office was able to pull records from previous medical to fill in most of the details. We supplemented the medicals with our alternative IDs.

congrats! before the medical request, was your last updated date updating frequently?

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, EB_Stuck said:

So folks,

Thought I should share some news to bring some ray of hope back to this group.

Finally, our visas have been issued as per CEAC system. It seems that they are still under processing and should be mailed out soon.

It took a while  but  this journey definitely tested my patience and trust in the process

Interview: Oct 2021

Visa Issued: May 2022

Good luck to you all!

glad to hear, did you have a second medical?

4 hours ago, A.Jon.Satko said:

Has anyone asked for the passport back while their case is in processing?  My spouse travels a lot for work and needs his passport back.

Also curious, can a Canadian citizen enter the US while your case is in the Administrative Processing mode?

I requested my passport back and traveled to the United States with zero issues. The embassy did advise me that returning the passport would delay my processing as they will eventually need to request my passport back.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.