Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Matt&Corinne said:

Anyone else get an interview letter today?

Nope.

1 hour ago, MiloPinkman said:

So I am now skipped 3 times? what the hell? 

I was also skipped over as well friend :( wish there was an answer here

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 minutes ago, TSmith said:

Hey there!

If an American became a permanent resident of Canada are they able to just move back to the US when they would like to? Is there anything that has to be done? I still am a US citizen 

Thank you!

Yes as a US citizen you can move back to US at any time.

As a Canadian PR, you can leave Canada, but run the risk of losing your Canadian permanent residency, as at any given time one requires to be physically present in Canada for 730 days in the last 5 years to maintain their PR status. This is called residency obligation (RO).

There is nothing additional you NEED to do as compared to a Canadian citizen. You could opt to renounce your Canadian PR or you could maintain it by visiting Canada often, or you could apply for Canadian citizenship before you leave (if you are eligible) and hope to get that approved before you end up not meeting your RO.

Personally, I opted for the last of these options.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Yes as a US citizen you can move back to US at any time.

As a Canadian PR, you can leave Canada, but run the risk of losing your Canadian permanent residency, as at any given time one requires to be physically present in Canada for 730 days in the last 5 years to maintain their PR status. This is called residency obligation (RO).

There is nothing additional you NEED to do as compared to a Canadian citizen. You could opt to renounce your Canadian PR or you could maintain it by visiting Canada often, or you could apply for Canadian citizenship before you leave (if you are eligible) and hope to get that approved before you end up not meeting your RO.

Personally, I opted for the last of these options.

Thanks for your help!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
22 minutes ago, affy said:

I was also skipped over as well friend :( wish there was an answer here

I feel like Montreal is VERY sloppy with it's organization and handling of paperwork.  People being skipped, people stuck in AP hell...it's all not pretty. 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

I got my interview date. Congratulations to everyone else who got their interview date. I have some quick questions, hoping folks can help me, and other can benefit from the answers as well.

1. Registering the interview - the interview email asks to register the interview date. When I go to the link, it gives me the following options, I am guessing the first option is applicable to my case IR1? or is it option 3?
image.png.d107bb37fe12bfc5849cafc8b430ed25.png

2. I am in GTA area. Which is the best doctor for medical appointment who send the results timely to the consulate as per the members' recent observations? I am willing to travel within 2-3 hours of GTA.

Good luck everyone and congrats once again!

Edited by darth vader

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
20 minutes ago, darth vader said:

I got my interview date. Congratulations to everyone else who got their interview date. I have some quick questions, hoping folks can help me, and other can benefit from the answers as well.

1. Registering the interview - the interview email asks to register the interview date. When I go to the link, it gives me the following options, I am guessing the first option is applicable to my case IR1? or is it option 3?
image.png.d107bb37fe12bfc5849cafc8b430ed25.png

2. I am in GTA area. Which is the best doctor for medical appointment who send the results timely to the consulate as per the members' recent observations? I am willing to travel within 2-3 hours of GTA.

Good luck everyone and congrats once again!

PLEASE, for the love of Pete, refer to the FAQ's.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline

I’m not seeing all of the usernames on the google sheets for interview dates; for those who got their IL today, what was your DQ from NVC? We didn’t hear anything today and want to reach out to our congressman about it

thank you!

Hi,

I have same question. I checked FAQ and it does not specify which one to select for CR1 appointment registration. If any one has idea what to select in between these two options for CR1 :

1. I have received a Consular interview appointment date from the National Visa Center (NVC) or the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) and I have been instructed to register my appointment on this site.

2. I have received a letter/email from the consular section with instructions to schedule an immigrant visa appointment.

It would be very helpful

Thanks 

4 minutes ago, Budzmaroo said:

Did you got the email this morning?

Yes I got it early this morning. If you still haven't gotten yours, I really think your petitioner should contact their congressperson or senator to help. People who have been missed in previous months have done that and been able to get their case addressed. If I remember correctly, I believe there was one person who did this and was asked to find someone who was DQ'd after them and got an interview date to prove they were missed. I would be happy to do that if you're asked for that. @affy @MiloPinkman you might find this helpful too if you haven't already tried. Good luck 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, cgy2cali said:

If I remember correctly, I believe there was one person who did this and was asked to find someone who was DQ'd after them and got an interview date to prove they were missed. 

I remember this. NVC asked for this information, but when presented with proof, they still did not acknowledge any mistake or expedite an interview. They were however issued an IL in the following round.

2 hours ago, Matt&Corinne said:

I’m not seeing all of the usernames on the google sheets for interview dates; for those who got their IL today, what was your DQ from NVC? We didn’t hear anything today and want to reach out to our congressman about it

thank you!

My DQ date was Jan 20 and I got the IL this morning 

Timeline
43 minutes ago, AXE01 said:

Hi,

I have same question. I checked FAQ and it does not specify which one to select for CR1 appointment registration. If any one has idea what to select in between these two options for CR1 :

1. I have received a Consular interview appointment date from the National Visa Center (NVC) or the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) and I have been instructed to register my appointment on this site.

2. I have received a letter/email from the consular section with instructions to schedule an immigrant visa appointment.

It would be very helpful

Thanks 

Refer to Page 5 of the FAQ:

"What option do I select when registering for the return courier?

“I have received a Consular interview appointment date from the National Visa Center (NVC) or the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) and I have been instructed to register my appointment on this site” and “I need to register an immigrant visa appointment” are the options you want. "

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.