Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, darth vader said:

I called Dr. Mascarenhas' office and emailed them my vaccination record from my last U.S. visa medical. I was told I do not need to get the checklist or get any further vaccinations including Flu since it is not needed after March 15. I think even if you are missing some vaccines the worst impact is that they wait for you to get whatever vaccine they recommend and you send them the proof, so essentially this can cause delay but not denial. Please correct me if I am wrong.

That sounds right based on what I've been told by Dr. Cheema's office. I also remember reading here that someone else was missing a vaccine, they just went to a walk-in clinic, got the vaccine and sent the doctors office the record. There didn't seem to be any issues with that

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
20 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Not sure if this question belongs here.

I am having trouble acquiring a credit card here in the US. I applied for one back in Feb 15, when I opened a bank account with TD. The banker told me they would be basing it on my credit history in Canada (which is 819). This application got denied. 2 weeks ago she reapplied, but no response from the credit card department yet…

I didn’t anticipate this. Is there something I am doing wrong? Should I be trying elsewhere? Any recommendations?

Did you call TD Canada or TD USA?  TD Canada is probably the one you need to speak with so they can access your credit history.  

At least you got the Discover card for the $500.  It's better than nothing in this country where you can't do seemingly anything without a credit card!  Don't worry, too.  Once you start building credit, it comes quickly.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 minutes ago, mam521 said:

Did you call TD Canada or TD USA?  TD Canada is probably the one you need to speak with so they can access your credit history.  

At least you got the Discover card for the $500.  It's better than nothing in this country where you can't do seemingly anything without a credit card!  Don't worry, too.  Once you start building credit, it comes quickly.  

When I was in Canada, I talked to TD Canada trust. They told me they were unable to get me a US credit card and I had to go to TD bank in the US. So after I arrived here, I went to TD US bank and applied there.

I am wondering if it is an issue of my SIN in Canada being in my maiden name but all my paperwork here being in my married name…

Yeah, I’m grateful for the $500 discover card. I want to build my credit as soon as possible as we want to buy a home.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

When I was in Canada, I talked to TD Canada trust. They told me they were unable to get me a US credit card and I had to go to TD bank in the US. So after I arrived here, I went to TD US bank and applied there.

I am wondering if it is an issue of my SIN in Canada being in my maiden name but all my paperwork here being in my married name…

Yeah, I’m grateful for the $500 discover card. I want to build my credit as soon as possible as we want to buy a home.

Interesting.  We did all of my RBC stuff through Canada.  US chequing & US CC.  Wonder if you got someone inexperienced from the Canadian side possibly?  

If you want to build faster, ask hubs to add you to one of his cards as an authorized user.  Or, wait about 3 cycles for the Discover card to report to the agencies and then apply for another card.  He probably has offers to share.  If not, I do ;)  The "invite a friend" offers usually help your chances and there's perks for you and whoever invited you.  Yes, the US and it's obsession with CC is a bit strange to me, but I use my CC for everything because data security isn't much of a thing here and your cards can get ripped off pretty easily, so that card insurance is worth it.  

My other piece of advice for EVERYONE is when you have a CC in the States (especially in the States), set your accounts up to text you for EVERY transaction.  That way you know if your card has been jeopardized when all of a sudden a text pops up telling you you've spent $3K at BestBuy online, meanwhile you're in the middle of a meeting at work and certainly are not surfing BestBuy.  The fraud prevention departments are pretty good, but occasionally things slip.  I also like it because table side terminals for payments are few and far between, unlike in Canada where you rarely ever have to hand your card over to anyone, so dining out you can see when the server has run your card.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Hi, I got email for interview on Mar 14th and my interview is on April 11th. 

I am not still able to register the interview on this site https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/iv/information/iv_services. It still says not ready to schedule appointment when i fill out my details

Was someone able to register for that IL date ?

Thanks

Edited by AXE01

57 minutes ago, AXE01 said:

Hi, I got email for interview on Mar 14th and my interview is on April 11th. 

I am not still able to register the interview on this site https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/iv/information/iv_services. It still says not ready to schedule appointment when i fill out my details

Was someone able to register for that IL date ?

Thanks

Same here. I think the FAQ says it takes 24-48 hours sometimes for the registration to work after receiving the interview letter. If I can't register by tomorrow I will call them. Anyway, you need to register before the interview, so there is still a lot of time for us to register. Hope this helps.

Edited by darth vader

Since I found that the panel physicians are required to give candidates a copy of their vaccine assessment/checklist. I was curious, for folks who have had their medical in recent past, did you get the copy of your vaccination checksheet filled by the panel physician the same day of your medical examination?

Edited by darth vader

Timeline
1 hour ago, darth vader said:

Since I found that the panel physicians are required to give candidates a copy of their vaccine assessment/checklist. I was curious, for folks who have had their medical in recent past, did you get the copy of your vaccination checksheet filled by the panel physician the same day of your medical examination?

You take your vaccination records to the panel physician, and yes, as part of the examination, the doctor will fill out the vaccination checklist.

6 hours ago, darth vader said:

Same here. I think the FAQ says it takes 24-48 hours sometimes for the registration to work after receiving the interview letter. If I can't register by tomorrow I will call them. Anyway, you need to register before the interview, so there is still a lot of time for us to register. Hope this helps.

Hi, I was able to schedule appointment this afternoon. You can check yours too if it has become available now.

Thanks

1 hour ago, AXE01 said:

Hi, I was able to schedule appointment this afternoon. You can check yours too if it has become available now.

Thanks

I entered all the details, and now my status on the website says - current status - attend appointment. Do you see the same, anything else we need to do at this time?

I went to Dr. Mascarenhas' office and my vaccination record was accepted and he said everything looks good. The office is easy to find and the x-ray is in the same building. You have to go across the street to lifelabs for bloodwork but it is a very short walk. Highly recommend him, very nice person. Lilly from his office is the one you would email with and she is very kind and helpful.

Timeline
11 hours ago, darth vader said:

I went to Dr. Mascarenhas' office and my vaccination record was accepted and he said everything looks good. The office is easy to find and the x-ray is in the same building. You have to go across the street to lifelabs for bloodwork but it is a very short walk. Highly recommend him, very nice person. Lilly from his office is the one you would email with and she is very kind and helpful.

Did they give you the vaccination checklist? 

I'm going to have to contact Dr. Zatzman's office again to get them to send mine as they refused the first time I asked.

Edited by DamAk

4 hours ago, DamAk said:

Did they give you the vaccination checklist? 

I'm going to have to contact Dr. Zatzman's office again to get them to send mine as they refused the first time I asked.

The Dr. said they will send me the vaccination record once they send the report to the consulate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.