Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

She is not getting a new passport but a duplicate one. The other one with the consulate would still be valid. 

You can request for urgent processing for the passport showing proof of upcoming travel in the next few days and get one issued within 3 days. You would have to wait several hours in a queue at the passport office, camping out from 6am in the morning…

Ya chances are slim to none they would get one in order to attend a concert…

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Dawgydawgworld said:

Oh didn’t realise this was just to attend a concert.

Urgent processing would be definitely approved for the concert. You only need proof of travel (air tickets for example). Issuance of duplicate passport, not sure, but the service exists for the purpose when your passport is stuck at a consulate for issuance of a visa and you need to travel. 

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
1 hour ago, Dawgydawgworld said:

This won’t work. If she gets a new passport, it will make her other one invalid. They need her passport to process the visa, stamp it and it’s associated with her DS260. If she gets a new one, it will only delay the process that much longer, and she won’t be able to activate her immigrant visa at border. Not to mention Canada has a massive wait time and backlog for passports currently. It’s taking an average of 3 months to get them. You’re better off just waiting for them to finish their administrative processing of your file and dont mess with it.  

She was at the passport office yesterday and they said there is a duplicate temporary passport that won't cancel her real passport.  There is a category for that and she can get it in 24 hours.

Edited by ToddD
More info added.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Dawgydawgworld said:

We're hopeful. The woman at the counter yesterday knew what this was, gave her the right forms to fill-out and said her travel was valid to get the temporary passport. Cost is $200 CAD. If she was flying on a vacation to a concert, or driving, it's still booked travel. She bought the tickets in March, so it's not like we just bought them and she's driving down. So far she's getting the right answers. I'll summarize the experience she has if it all works out to help others on the forum. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Dawgydawgworld said:

You must ask for a specific report for US immigration, under the Privacy Act. If it’s not the correct report, it will be rejected. 

I hope it's the right one. I did show the ceac website with the police certificate instructions for Canada to the guy taking my fingerprint

Timeline
58 minutes ago, ToddD said:

We're hopeful. The woman at the counter yesterday knew what this was, gave her the right forms to fill-out and said her travel was valid to get the temporary passport. Cost is $200 CAD. If she was flying on a vacation to a concert, or driving, it's still booked travel. She bought the tickets in March, so it's not like we just bought them and she's driving down. So far she's getting the right answers. I'll summarize the experience she has if it all works out to help others on the forum. 

See attached what she will be requesting today. It is a limited Temporary Passport for this situation where her original (and still active) passport is stuck with another country visa office for processing and need to travel during that time. Obviously she wouldn't need this if the MTL consulate was responding to a simple additional document to process for us. It's now week 5 waiting for MTL with no updates about how much longer it will take. 

292693740_1480021245753802_4784647686844025387_n.jpg

292764260_1907787202747315_1487873227694345395_n.jpg

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Fna786 said:

What if Montreal has passport and we need it to travel for work?

Same (read the past few pages of this thread):

You can request for your passport to be returned. Montreal will ask for your passport back when the visa is ready to be issued. Note that this can cause additional delays. 

Alternatively you can apply for a duplicate Canadian passport from Passport Canada (Assuming you are a Canadian citizen) as @ToddD is doing.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
1 hour ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Same (read the past few pages of this thread):

You can request for your passport to be returned. Montreal will ask for your passport back when the visa is ready to be issued. Note that this can cause additional delays. 

Alternatively you can apply for a duplicate Canadian passport from Passport Canada (Assuming you are a Canadian citizen) as @ToddD is doing.

She doesn't have it yet, but I heard there is a limited time you can have the temp passport from Canada and when you finally get your real passport back with the Visa, you need to turn-in the temp passport. I'll find out if it's ok to return it at the border or have to go to a passport office, or mail it in. Not sure yet. 

Timeline

Almost 3 hours of waiting time and maybe 5 minutes in front of two consular officers and I was approved at my visa interview this morning. I had my folder of documents ready and was only asked for my passport, one picture they scanned and handed back, my birth certificate, police certificate and my husbands divorce decree. Now, where do I obsessively check the status? Thanks to all for the support and assistance.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Canada
Timeline
18 hours ago, ClemsonC said:

How long was the timeframe since nvc

sent your case to MTL to when you got IL? Thought I’d ask since there’s not many that

had an expedite 

3 days in our case. i'll have details and dates in another post shortly.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Canada
Timeline
long overdue update...

Feb 18: Mums file was DQ
April 27: Expedite requested from Montreal Embassy for dads file
May 1: Mums Interview Letter received.
May 10: Received email confirmation from embassy that interview has been scheduled for both applications with registration and medical instructions.
May 11: email received from NVC they dads case will be expedited, pending review of all documents. 
June 1: Mums interview date
June 6 : Mums passport delivered
June 24: Dad file DQ
June 27: expedite notice acknowledgement from NVC and file sent to embassy
June 30: Dad Interview Letter received from embassy (which has incorrect information on it)
Aug 11: Dad Interview date

This case has been plagued by mistakes and errors, but as long as the visa gets  approved in a timely manner this will be all ok in the end.

1) Mum and Dad cases were progressing simultaneously...NVC approved my mum yet requested additional documents for my dad (my tax info which i had already provided). I had to add a one line document saying that they had all relevant tax info. We were put back in the review line... I really wanted to make it so that my parents have theit interview etc on the same day so once my Mum got her IL I requested an expedite, which was approved. but that still did not affect the NVC document review. We still have to wait through the process..... which we learned the hard way.

2) In one of their responses they mentioned that BOTH have been scheduled for an interview (at this point my mum was DQ but dad was not). We got medicals done for both parents based on those notifications, Yet I was only able to register the interview for my mum, and not my dad. I emailed the embassy again yet got no clarifications so both of my parents went. My mum had her interview yet my dad was turned away. Fortunately mum was approved and got her passport back with in a week.

This time round, they have sent confirmations for dad.
1) dads Interview Letter mentions my mums case number and information, yet we got it at dad's email address...  
2) Another reminder to register for an interview notice mentions my mums case number yet my dads name.  
3) The system would not let me register for my dads interview so I called their number and the representative told me he doesn't see any interview scheduled for my fathers case number and nor for my mums case number. His recommendation was to just register for the next available interview which was Sept the 6th. Since we had  already made travel and hotel arrangements for the Aug 11, so I opted not to follow his advice and emailed the embassy yet again. I have not received a response from them yet. but yesterday I was able to register my dad for an aug 11 Interview. 

As long as the visa approval happens in a timely way and as smoothly as mums did....this will all be ok.

Timeline
25 minutes ago, krzz said:

3 days in our case. i'll have details and dates in another post shortly.

Okay. Thank you. Just read it. I got DQ 2.5 weeks ago. Three days later I got the email saying it was expedited to post , and since then the last 13 days it’s just said “in transit”

I wasn’t sure if it said in transit for that long since I also got an FE for my daughter (but I was DQ)

IR1 / IR2  

Canada

June 2022 IR1 - DQ 

Aug 2022 IR2 - DQ

Oct 2022 - Interview

Nov 2022 - Moved to US

Timeline
17 minutes ago, krzz said:
long overdue update...

Feb 18: Mums file was DQ
April 27: Expedite requested from Montreal Embassy for dads file
May 1: Mums Interview Letter received.
May 10: Received email confirmation from embassy that interview has been scheduled for both applications with registration and medical instructions.
May 11: email received from NVC they dads case will be expedited, pending review of all documents. 
June 1: Mums interview date
June 6 : Mums passport delivered
June 24: Dad file DQ
June 27: expedite notice acknowledgement from NVC and file sent to embassy
June 30: Dad Interview Letter received from embassy (which has incorrect information on it)
Aug 11: Dad Interview date

This case has been plagued by mistakes and errors, but as long as the visa gets  approved in a timely manner this will be all ok in the end.

1) Mum and Dad cases were progressing simultaneously...NVC approved my mum yet requested additional documents for my dad (my tax info which i had already provided). I had to add a one line document saying that they had all relevant tax info. We were put back in the review line... I really wanted to make it so that my parents have theit interview etc on the same day so once my Mum got her IL I requested an expedite, which was approved. but that still did not affect the NVC document review. We still have to wait through the process..... which we learned the hard way.

2) In one of their responses they mentioned that BOTH have been scheduled for an interview (at this point my mum was DQ but dad was not). We got medicals done for both parents based on those notifications, Yet I was only able to register the interview for my mum, and not my dad. I emailed the embassy again yet got no clarifications so both of my parents went. My mum had her interview yet my dad was turned away. Fortunately mum was approved and got her passport back with in a week.

This time round, they have sent confirmations for dad.
1) dads Interview Letter mentions my mums case number and information, yet we got it at dad's email address...  
2) Another reminder to register for an interview notice mentions my mums case number yet my dads name.  
3) The system would not let me register for my dads interview so I called their number and the representative told me he doesn't see any interview scheduled for my fathers case number and nor for my mums case number. His recommendation was to just register for the next available interview which was Sept the 6th. Since we had  already made travel and hotel arrangements for the Aug 11, so I opted not to follow his advice and emailed the embassy yet again. I have not received a response from them yet. but yesterday I was able to register my dad for an aug 11 Interview. 

As long as the visa approval happens in a timely way and as smoothly as mums did....this will all be ok.

Looks like my DQ date and the email date abo it expedite to post was the same. But still shows in transit

IR1 / IR2  

Canada

June 2022 IR1 - DQ 

Aug 2022 IR2 - DQ

Oct 2022 - Interview

Nov 2022 - Moved to US

Timeline

I had my interview on July 11th, and was told the visa would be approved. It was sent by mail by the 12th, and received by the 13th.

4 hours ago, ellen_yvr said:

Almost 3 hours of waiting time and maybe 5 minutes in front of two consular officers and I was approved at my visa interview this morning. I had my folder of documents ready and was only asked for my passport, one picture they scanned and handed back, my birth certificate, police certificate and my husbands divorce decree. Now, where do I obsessively check the status? Thanks to all for the support and assistance.

Funny thing, I actually received my passport with the visa BEFORE the CEAC website was even updated. Still as of now, it only shows as "ready".

I don't have much to add to what everybody highlighted... It was surprisingly smooth sailing.

To note:  If your appointment is early and you're driving in, Sainte-Catherine street in front of the consulate is a great place to park. Parking is free until 9am, and if you get in by 7 ish, there's plenty of it. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.