Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Not sure why your police certificate is missing, but if you are DQ’d you need not worry. You will be able to reupload on CEAC before the interview and you can take it to the interview.

Now, I am confused by your post. If you DQ’d in April 2022, why do you think:

1. you will need a new police certificate?

2. You won’t get an interview until June 2023.

Police certificates are valid for 2 years, and the backlog for IR1/CR1 at Montreal consulate has pretty much been eliminated leading to very short wait times from DQ to interview.

I had read on here they were only valid for 1 year which mine were completed 1/20/2021   

and now when I log in this is what is says.   It used to say Accepted and Complete.   

NVC2.PNG

NVC1.PNG

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

Timeline
4 hours ago, Dpaget21 said:

These used to say ACCEPTED and COMPLETE

NVC2.PNG

NVC1.PNG

Ok this is weird and I am guessing someone on their end messed up.

You are still DQ’d right? So what I said earlier applies.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Dpaget21 said:

I had read on here they were only valid for 1 year which mine were completed 1/20/2021   

and now when I log in this is what is says.   It used to say Accepted and Complete.   

NVC2.PNG

NVC1.PNG

It is valid for two years. Used to be one year, but around July 2021 that rule changed to two years. This has been confirmed multiple times.

Please update your timeline.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
1 hour ago, Booey_US_CA said:

We finally got our interview letter after being skipped.

DQ: April 1

Interview Letter: June 15

Interview Day: August 1

Same interview date here! Letter received today. DQ April 15th, Interview August 1st. CR1

Good luck to us both! 🤞

Timeline

My sister in law is my joint sponsor. I sent in a scan of her passport bio page and I have it printed for the interview. Does it need to be certified? 

IR1 / IR2  

Canada

June 2022 IR1 - DQ 

Aug 2022 IR2 - DQ

Oct 2022 - Interview

Nov 2022 - Moved to US

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

@krzz, @JSmith15, @ToddD: did you get approved?

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Hawk Riders said:

@krzz, @JSmith15, @ToddD: did you get approved?

Yes and no. Approved but need an additional document. Interview was June 10th. Agent approved her visa and kept her passport, but asked for my original divorce certificate. All I had was a judge signed court order. I was able to ship the additional document from Seattle to Montreal. It should arrive by the 16th or 17th June. Agent said once that additional document arrives, they will insert the Visa and ship her passport back to Vancouver, BC. So we are waiting at this point. 

Timeline

Finally got our interview letter. Despite being approved for an expedited interview due to a life-threatening condition by the Montreal embassy, our delays were as long if not longer than others who were not expedited. Lesson of the story: the expedited interview in Montreal is pretty much useless. 

DQ: April 14

IL: June 16

Interview Date: August 4

Edited by SamuelR

Timeline
4 hours ago, SamuelR said:

Finally got our interview letter. Despite being approved for an expedited interview due to a life-threatening condition by the Montreal embassy, our delays were as long if not longer than others who were not expedited. Lesson of the story: the expedited interview in Montreal is pretty much useless. 

I heard they will only expedite after DQ at nvc, we were just approved expedite with MTL once we are DQ 

IR1 / IR2  

Canada

June 2022 IR1 - DQ 

Aug 2022 IR2 - DQ

Oct 2022 - Interview

Nov 2022 - Moved to US

Timeline
15 minutes ago, ClemsonC said:

I heard they will only expedite after DQ at nvc, we were just approved expedite with MTL once we are DQ 

That's what they approved us for as well but it had no effect on the delays. 

Timeline
19 hours ago, SamuelR said:

When was your expedite approved?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.