Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
20 minutes ago, X_P said:

would it make sense to book our medical appointment even though we haven't received our IL yet?

You need the interview letter before booking an appointment. I had no problem at all booking in Montreal with time to spare.

Timeline
1 hour ago, mam521 said:

I think the last ones went out May 24, so probably a bit early for the IR/CR category. 

E-mail.  

That’s true, I noticed they added a few April DQ’d files to that IL date, so I guess I need to be patient and wait for the next round of letters. I was t sure if all categories were mailed IL’s on same day or not. I guess IR/CR IL’s are sent separately from other categories…

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 6/8/2022 at 10:33 AM, Fna786 said:

Once you submit passport medical etc (everything they requested via email), how long does it take Montreal to respond and/or issue visa...this is 2nd week since mailing everything 

This can be variable.  Remember, just because it's sent and received by the proverbial mail room does not mean it's been reviewed by a CO.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, mam521 said:

This can be variable.  Remember, just because it's sent and received by the proverbial mail room does not mean it's been reviewed by a CO.  

Correct but my question is once sent, what's the total time they usually take to review and approve or update the case status 

Timeline
Just now, Fna786 said:

Correct but my question is once sent, what's the total time they usually take to review and approve or update the case status 

My original reply still stands.  It's variable.  Sometimes it's a week, sometimes it's 2 months.  Depends on priorities at the Consulate.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 minute ago, mam521 said:

My original reply still stands.  It's variable.  Sometimes it's a week, sometimes it's 2 months.  Depends on priorities at the Consulate.  

They can keep passport for 2 months 😲

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Fna786 said:

They can keep passport for 2 months 😲

They can keep it a lot longer then 2 months. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
1 hour ago, Fna786 said:

Wow I guess no traveling for us this summer 😕 🤞

You can request it back, but keep in mind that they will then have to request it back from you once they finish up AP and are ready to issue the visa.  Again, you end up in that cycle of receipt at the consulate to the actual time it takes to issue.  

Think positively and hope it's only another week or 2!  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

I received my DQ in April 2022 logged in today just to see if I had missed an email and now it shows that my police certificate is missing, in April 2022 it wasn't missing, did anyone else have this issue?  I realize that I will need to get a new one once I know when my interview will be but that my not be until June of 2023 at this rate.   Any insight would be great

Timeline
1 hour ago, Dpaget21 said:

I received my DQ in April 2022 logged in today just to see if I had missed an email and now it shows that my police certificate is missing, in April 2022 it wasn't missing, did anyone else have this issue?  I realize that I will need to get a new one once I know when my interview will be but that my not be until June of 2023 at this rate.   Any insight would be great

Not sure why your police certificate is missing, but if you are DQ’d you need not worry. You will be able to reupload on CEAC before the interview and you can take it to the interview.

Now, I am confused by your post. If you DQ’d in April 2022, why do you think:

1. you will need a new police certificate?

2. You won’t get an interview until June 2023.

Police certificates are valid for 2 years, and the backlog for IR1/CR1 at Montreal consulate has pretty much been eliminated leading to very short wait times from DQ to interview.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
1 hour ago, Dpaget21 said:

I received my DQ in April 2022 logged in today just to see if I had missed an email and now it shows that my police certificate is missing, in April 2022 it wasn't missing,

Oh also what do you mean the police certificate is missing. Is it just not visible on the CEAC portal, or did you get a message about it?

15 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Oh also what do you mean the police certificate is missing. Is it just not visible on the CEAC portal, or did you get a message about it?

These used to say ACCEPTED and COMPLETE

NVC2.PNG

NVC1.PNG

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.