Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, JSmith15 said:

I was able to register. But does anyone understand the difference b/w the standard and premium delivery service if you are picking up at courier office? Is it just having more options for the physical location you pick up at or is it faster?

you are able to have paperwork delivered at your own address via premium delivery for a charge. standard is free and limited to set locations for pickup. I don't think quicker delivery is an option...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Had the interview this morning. Literally took less than 5min. Online status also updated to Issue. Thanks everyone for all the help and support throughout this process. I will miss checking this forum every now and then :)

One thing I will say is, I think people in this group are way over paranoid, and nervous. This was literally a Q/A session than an interview. If your marriage is legit, don't worry at all. 

Also about the documents, people posting pictures of HUGE binders and files made me doubt myself in last min, even at the embassy I saw people brining in SO Much documentations and for life of me I did not get what they have in it. I guess each case is different.

This is all they asked for, and don't even need extra copy

1). Marriage Certificate

2). Birth Certificate (mine was laminated lol) I was worried about this, but thankfully no issue

3). Affidavit of Support with their most recent tax return (W2)

4). Your passport and proof of your sponsor is US citizen (I just had their passport copy) 

5). Police Clearance

6). 2 Passport size pictures

7). 5-6 Pictures telling your story (in my case they didn't even asked this lol)

My medical was done on Apr 18th and they submitted the docs electronically. It did not come up in the discussion lol so I guess they did receive it.

But this is it. literally not more than 10 papers. Don't over do and don't stress. 

Questions

1). Name and DOB of your sponsor

2). Where they live 

3). How you guys met

4). What she do for living

5). Any previous marriage, kids?

6). What you do for living

7). When did you come to canada

I think this was it. In and out within 2.5hr. They opened late I think, started taking 7:30 people at ~8

Edited by MiloPinkman

On 5/3/2022 at 6:40 PM, annierob said:

Hello everyone...I am finally able to celebrate after waiting over 2 years!!! Just received my green card in the mail 🥳

• I-130 sent: Feb 2020
  • I-130 approved: June 2020
  • DQ: Oct 20, 2020
  • Interview: Oct 6, 2021 (yes, you read that correctly: almost 1 whole year from DQ)
  • Crossed over Feb 19, 2022 (the day after our second year anniversary so I can get an IR1)
  • SSN received: Feb 28, 2022 (10 regular days after crossing)
  • Green Card received: May 3, 2022 (73 regular days after crossing)

If you look at the spreadsheet, I have the longest timeline compared to everyone. Call that bad timing with the start and height of the pandemic. If my DQ to interview took 351 days, trust me, you all can do it too 💪

Thank you to everyone in this group, especially @Hawk Riders. And good luck to everyone! You've got this.

Yaaay gratz!!! I got mine about 2 months ago it was super fast :) and got to use it when crossing back into the states after Easter with the Canadian side of the family. 

Visa approved. Thank you everyone in this community for the support. 

PD: Nov 17th 2020

DQ: June 2nd 2021

Interview Letter : April 12th 2022

Interview: May 4th 2022 at 7.45 AM

I had uploaded Relationship Photos, 2021 Tax return & W2, Travel proofs, Joint Financial assets records, Chat & call records to the CEAC portal before the interview.

I was let in at around 8.15 AM. There was a small locker to store your mobile phone. After the security check I went to the first floor Counter no. 6 where they checked my name against a list and gave me two tokens. Then I waited for around 15mins. I was called to Counter 10 where I was asked for Original birth certificate, Marriage certificate, PCC and Passport Size photo. :Later she asked for 2021 tax returns but when she noticed I had already uploaded them, she returned it. She also took my fingerprints and asked my current status in Canada. I moved my case from Mumbai to Montreal so I guess that's why she asked for proof of current residence. Luckily I had a copy of my SIN which had the address in it. I didn't have any other ID with address on it. She asked my phone number which I couldn't remember because I had recently taken new one. She was kinda pissed about it. Again luckily I had a print out of my resume which had my phone number on it. Then a long wait of 45 mins after which I was called to counter no.2. The officer was really friendly. He started off with oath and took my finger prints in lieu of signature to the oath. He asked me the below questions.

1) Who is your petitioner?

2) How, when and where did you guys first meet? 

3) What does she do for work?

4) Where does she live?

5) How many times did you meet after marriage? and where did you meet?

6) Which all countries did I travel in the past 5 yrs?

7) What was my longest stay in US? (I had been there on student visa). Have you ever been to the US after that?

8 Which university did I go to? which program?

9) what do you do for work?

10) Did you get a chance to read the white pamphlet( on domestic violence) . Do you have any questions about it?

11) Is this your first marriage? Is this your wife's first marriage?

12) Were you ever refused at the border?

13) Do you have any criminal record?

Then he took a detailed look at my birth and marriage certificate, returned it and finally he said everything looks good and is going to recommend my case for approval. 

Timeline

Told yesterday during our interview that our visa will be approved! Very similar experience to everyone else in terms of questions asked etc

Timeline

My status says issued but undergoing administrative processing. Does this mean it will really take weeks for them to send the passport with the visa? I wasn’t told anything about that yesterday, only my visa was approved. 

9F56D3F2-76BB-4836-B2BF-592C85E6C3D3.jpeg

Timeline
4 hours ago, Budzmaroo said:

My status says issued but undergoing administrative processing. Does this mean it will really take weeks for them to send the passport with the visa? I wasn’t told anything about that yesterday, only my visa was approved. 

9F56D3F2-76BB-4836-B2BF-592C85E6C3D3.jpeg

Please refer to the FAQ

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Timeline
2 hours ago, DGF said:

Please refer to the FAQ

I have read the FAQ. It was just exactly the same as what I posted above. What I wanted to know what this really means. Am I really under AP? Or is it just a step prior to final processing. 

10 minutes ago, Budzmaroo said:

I have read the FAQ. It was just exactly the same as what I posted above. What I wanted to know what this really means. Am I really under AP? Or is it just a step prior to final processing. 

It is just a step before they mail you the passport. It shows the same for me. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.