Laphie_

Medical form problem maybe

24 posts in this topic

Sooo, this friday i went to do my medical exam and when the doctor started to ask about if i smoke weed i said yes (i didnt know it was a big trouble since i started to read a few hours ago)  and i explained about it was just a short period of time, on stress days from university and covid... When she ask about how long ago it was the last time  from smoke i said 12 months ago, and she mark the square from "class B", what means a class B? I read about a class A means inadmissible and a B is not a reason for not admissible but im not sure, somebody can help? 

A desperate girlfriend from Chile

Edited by Laphie_

Class B conditions are defined as physical or mental health conditions, diseases, or disability serious in degree or permanent in nature. This may be a medical condition that, although not rendering an applicant inadmissible, represents a departure from normal health or well-being that may be significant enough to:

-Interfere with the applicant’s ability to care for himself or herself, to attend school, or to work; or

-Require extensive medical treatment or institutionalization in the future.

Source: https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-b-chapter-2

You will very likely be required to go through a rehab program.

Edited by Allaboutwaiting

6 minutes ago, Laphie_ said:

and a B is not a reason for not admissible

That is correct. https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/panel-physicians/mental-health.html

Class B medical conditions are not inadmissible medical conditions and include any physical or mental abnormality, disease, or disability serious in degree or nature amounting to a substantial departure from well-being. These include:

• A current physical or mental disorder without associated harmful behavior
  • A current substance use disorder for a non-controlled substance without associated harmful behavior
  • A physical or mental disorder with associated harmful behavior, that is now in sustained remission
  • A substance use disorder for a controlled substance that is now in sustained remission
  • A substance use disorder for a non-controlled substance with associated harmful behavior, that is now in sustained remission

2 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Class B conditions are defined as physical or mental health conditions, diseases, or disability serious in degree or permanent in nature. This may be a medical condition that, although not rendering an applicant inadmissible, represents a departure from normal health or well-being that may be significant enough to:

-Interfere with the applicant’s ability to care for himself or herself, to attend school, or to work; or

-Require extensive medical treatment or institutionalization in the future.

Source: https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-b-chapter-2

You will very likely be required to go through a rehab program.

So... That means i dont going to enter at states and i going to stay at Chile another year?  100% sure? 

1 minute ago, Laphie_ said:

So... That means i dont going to enter at states and i going to stay at Chile another year?  100% sure? 

That has been the case for similar situations I've seen in the forum.

1 hour ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

And lie to this new doctor? That would be misrepresentation which is an inadmissibility.

Ok ok... So i did a terrible mistake!,  i never thought about be honest gonna be so problematic.. Is not there a possibility about once i get ibto the interview they just notice about im not a problem? I am a student, im almost about get my degree on veterinary medicine, i dont have any criminal record from any kind, my family neither and neither mental disorders.. That must to means something, ohhh i just feel so regret now 

11 minutes ago, Laphie_ said:

Ok ok... So i did a terrible mistake!,  i never thought about be honest gonna be so problematic.. Is not there a possibility about once i get ibto the interview they just notice about im not a problem? I am a student, im almost about get my degree on veterinary medicine, i dont have any criminal record from any kind, my family neither and neither mental disorders.. That must to means something, ohhh i just feel so regret now 

That's for the CO to decide.

15 minutes ago, Laphie_ said:

Be honest is not the problem here. The problem is that what you did maybe is not acceptable for immigration. Be honest is the best way always. 
You will need to wait and deal with the consequences of your choices, this is not about your honesty 🙃

Edited by PaulaCJohnny

The first medical you did is already on file with the Embassy. Don't make the mistake of trying to do a second medical and telling the doctor different things.

6 hours ago, Laphie_ said:

What about if i repeat the nedical exam with a different doctor? i can reschedule my interview yet 

Do you somehow think that panel physician will not submit the findings to the consulate?

6 hours ago, Laphie_ said:

What about if i repeat the nedical exam with a different doctor? i can reschedule my interview yet 

And lie?  Not a great idea if you really want to immigrate to the US.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It will all depend what the doctor wrote in your medical file regarding the drug use. You will not find out until you go to your interview what her recommendation will be. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

It’s not about been honest .You gave the wrong answer when you said yes.your answer should be .NO I don’t smoke weed since you haven’t smoked for a long time or you quit . The question was about the present time . But if the question was:( have you smoked weed before ?)Then You have to choose between two answer or just be honest.anyway. They will know if you smoke weed or not when it comes to your blood test or your urine.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.