WannabeHuman

I did not submit my DS 3025 with my i485

17 posts in this topic

Hello, just wondering if I shot myself in the foot by not doing this! 

I entered the US on a K1 visa but I was under the impression that I didnt need to worry about medical since I completed one a month before entering the US and I filed within a year of the medical. The bottom is also checked saying visa applicant completed all vaccine requirements too.

Do I just wait until my interview to get a new one done to see if it got lost?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
19 minutes ago, WannabeHuman said:

Do I just wait until my interview to get a new one done to see if it got lost?

If money is no object, then get a medical to handle these situations:

* your case is approved without interview and your K-1 medical ages out.  By submitting a medical with I-485 you avoid an RFE

* your case requires an interview and you get a notice of deficiency due to a medical that is too old.  However medical appointments are hard to get due to Covid lock downs and you are not able to get a medical before your interview.  

In your case, you submitted no medical and so depending on when your case is processed it won’t matter or you will get an RFE or you will get a deficiency notice.  

14 minutes ago, Mike E said:

If money is no object, then get a medical to handle these situations:

* your case is approved without interview and your K-1 medical ages out.  By submitting a medical with I-485 you avoid an RFE

* your case requires an interview and you get a notice of deficiency due to a medical that is too old.  However medical appointments are hard to get due to Covid lock downs and you are not able to get a medical before your interview.  

In your case, you submitted no medical and so depending on when your case is processed it won’t matter or you will get an RFE or you will get a deficiency notice.  

I thought my medical done on canada would be handed over to the point of entry and submitted to my local cis office. All I have is a copy of the vaccines not the actual medical itself. I also havent gotten a defiency notice

Edited by WannabeHuman

Timeline
9 minutes ago, WannabeHuman said:

I thought my medical done on canada would be handed over to the point of entry and submitted to my local cis office.

Yes it would.  

9 minutes ago, WannabeHuman said:

All I have is a copy of the vaccines not the actual medical itself. I also havent gotten a defiency notice

And you won’t get one if your case is approved before your medical ages out.  

Timeline
5 minutes ago, WannabeHuman said:

Well I did my medical on sept 2020 and my interview is in october this year? I dont have enough time to get a new medical before my interview :(

If your medical is deemed to be too old your will get an RFE at interview 

Our experience;

k-1 medical in November 2018

aos filed March 2019 with new medical 

interview January 2020  IO was enraged and outraged that we did a new medical in the AOS.  

Edited by Mike E

Timeline
1 minute ago, WannabeHuman said:

Okay that makes sense. I honestly thought I would be fine since I completed all vaccine requirements and filed aos within a year of getting it done. 

Probably will be.  Medical aging out rules aren’t well understood IME. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, WannabeHuman said:

is it a requirement to submit my ds 3025 though or can I just bring that to my interview

If You have an interview scheduled you have no opportunity to submit anything before the interview.  

You can bring whatever documents you want and you should bring the documents specifically requested in your interview letter.  

You are worrying about stuff that you cannot control now.  

Edited by Mike E

~ Moved from AOS K1/K3 Progress Reports to AOS K1/K3 Process ~

it’s not a requirement to send a copy of DS3025, it’s optional. It just lets the adjudicating officer know that you did have your medical already. There are cases where they lose that medical paperwork. It’s rare but it happens. 

5 hours ago, Mike E said:

If your medical is deemed to be too old your will get an RFE at interview 

Our experience;

k-1 medical in November 2018

aos filed March 2019 with new medical 

interview January 2020  IO was enraged and outraged that we did a new medical in the AOS.  

Hi there - I recently filed for AOS from a K-1 and also did a new medical in the US.

May I ask why the IO was "enraged and outraged"?

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Alchanphel said:

Hi there - I recently filed for AOS from a K-1 and also did a new medical in the US.

May I ask why the IO was "enraged and outraged"?

Because he said it wasn’t necessary.  Because he was sour person.   The lawyer disagreed (not with him being a sour person) but wisely did not press that point. 

It was her first or even 100th AOS from K-1 rodeo and I’m sure she’s had cases delayed because of no medical with the AOS package.  

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

There is no such thing as a medical aging out for a K1 if AOS was applied for within one year after the medical was done. Doesn't matter when the interview happens. Yes there are IO that still try to enforce that you have to get a new one because they don't know their job but that is not the norm.

OP please don't loose sleep over it. You did everything right and there's no need to get a new medical unless the IO at your interview tells you it got lost or is just dumb.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
9 hours ago, WannabeHuman said:

is it a requirement to submit my ds 3025 though or can I just bring that to my interview

No. Not required to send the copy, and your medical does not age out. A K-1 only needs to file for AOS within a year of the K-1 medical. You stated yours was marked complete. Don't get a new medical unless you get an RFE stating you have to, or the IO says you have to at your interview. Bring your DS-3025 copy with you to your interview. See the pinned topic in this forum about this >

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/551080-immunizations-ds-3025-or-i-693/

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.