poceangirl

July 2021 I-130 filers

233 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello July Filers And congratulations on the ones already approved. 

My c130 was submitted on the 12Jul and Noa1 13Jul. I have not heard anything as of today.   I filed online and after I submitted it weeks later realize I forgot to include a cover letter.  Hope this won’t be a issue and have to start all over.   Also noa1 shows it came from Nebraska svc ctr, but the receipt starts with an IOE. 

Does anyone have any updates on IR-5 visas? NOA1 July 29, 2021

Manila CRBA & Passport Experience

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/657133-usem-crba-experience/

IR-1/CR-1 Journey

USCIS

09/12/2017: I-130 package sent to USCIS Phoenix Lockbox

09/18/2017: NOA1 Email

09/26/2017: NOA1 Hardcopy(Texas Service Center)

10/01/2017: Expedite Request Sent

11/18/2017: NOA2 Email

11/30/2017: NOA2 Hardcopy

12/27/2017: Checked receipt number on the USCIS website and they had just forwarded the case to NVC that day *shame*

NVC

01/03/2018: Case received at NVC

01/10/2018: Expedite request sent

01/11/2018: Email received from NVC expedite that inquiry is under review

01/16/2018: IIN and Case number issued

01/18/2018: Expedite approved and immediately forwarded to US Embassy Manila. CEAC says "In Transit"

Medical & Embassy

01/23/2018: Embassy Received case file. CEAC says "Ready"

01/23/2018: DS-260 completed

01/24/2018: SLEC Medical DAY 1

01/25/2018: SLEC Medical DAY 2

02/02/1018: USEM Interview "PASSED"

02/08/2018: Picked up VISA packet at 2GO Laoag

02/09/2018: CFO sticker... went to the seminar Nov. 29 2017 for passport renewal requirement to change to husbands surname

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
7 hours ago, poceangirl said:

Status just changed to actively reviewing ! PD Jul 21st

From what I've reading, try looking in the documents tab at the USCIS case page, people are saying that when they update the status to that sometimes they upload a document or an approval document with it.

7 hours ago, ArethisPT said:

From what I've reading, try looking in the documents tab at the USCIS case page, people are saying that when they update the status to that sometimes they upload a document or an approval document with it.

We checked and unfortunately nothing there last night :( 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, poceangirl said:

We checked and unfortunately nothing there last night :( 

Good luck, Hoping you will see the approval soon.

I have had no updates since my status changed to Actively Reviewing on November 12th...

48 minutes ago, Kor2USA said:

Have there been any approvals for EARLY July? NOA2 seem to have no rhyme or reason to them... 

I think I saw some a few weeks back on one of the Facebook groups. But there didn't seem to be very many

4 minutes ago, poceangirl said:

I think I saw some a few weeks back on one of the Facebook groups. But there didn't seem to be very many

Thanks~ I'm hoping we get the NOA2 before we move. 

Am ready to get to the next stage. It's wild how some people only wait 2 months and aren't ready for the next step whilst others have to wait a year+ 

Edited by Kor2USA

On 11/30/2021 at 9:23 AM, poceangirl said:

Status just changed to actively reviewing ! PD Jul 21st

I wouldn't put too much weight on these status changes tbh. PD Feb 9th, Actively reviewing April 9th, and no updates since. (Texas Service Center)

Not trying to be negative, just have learned to take things day by day and not get too optimistic. 

It obviously seems to vary a lot and this isn't the case for everyone but I have followed many other cases that are in a similar boat to mine where we all got excited over the 'actively reviewing' status change but then no news for another 8+ months. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Slovenia
Timeline
8 hours ago, Sammy.NZ said:

I wouldn't put too much weight on these status changes tbh. PD Feb 9th, Actively reviewing April 9th, and no updates since. (Texas Service Center)

Not trying to be negative, just have learned to take things day by day and not get too optimistic. 

It obviously seems to vary a lot and this isn't the case for everyone but I have followed many other cases that are in a similar boat to mine where we all got excited over the 'actively reviewing' status change but then no news for another 8+ months. 

Yeah my sister is waiting for an I-130 at Texas service center, with active review status since February! It seems when you get active review status they either immediately approve it (like in my situation) or you wait months. 

13 hours ago, Wanderlust2490 said:

Yeah my sister is waiting for an I-130 at Texas service center, with active review status since February! It seems when you get active review status they either immediately approve it (like in my situation) or you wait months. 

Yeaaa I've seen a lot of people say after the second time it switched to 'actively reviewing' status they quickly got approved after so now I'm just waiting on another status change! Hopefully before the end of the year 🤞

• 2 weeks later...

As of December 10 we're being actively reviewed. 

Both our electronic and paper NOA1 state Nebraska. PD July 5 2021. 

Really hoping we're approved in the next week or two. I'm traveling in January and February so debating applying for my PCC in Korea before I leave on assignment (as applying for PCC in Jan/Feb will be impossible). 

Wish us luck! Not being able to plan for the future is so infuriating... really wish we'd tried for DCF in July before going the regular route (but my buddy here in Korea told me petitions filed from Korea were being approved in 2 months and we'd be able to move in February). 

Live and learn...  :bonk:

Edited by Kor2USA

1 hour ago, Kor2USA said:

As of December 10 we're being actively reviewed. 

Both our electronic and paper NOA1 state Nebraska. PD July 5 2021. 

Really hoping we're approved in the next week or two. I'm traveling in January and February so debating applying for my PCC in Korea before I leave on assignment (as applying for PCC in Jan/Feb will be impossible). 

Wish us luck! Not being able to plan for the future is so infuriating... really wish we'd tried for DCF in July before going the regular route (but my buddy here in Korea told me petitions filed from Korea were being approved in 2 months and we'd be able to move in February). 

Live and learn...  :bonk:

Good luck! 

if your application is still at Nebraska that’s probably a good sign 🙂 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.