aerodnight

September 2021 I-130 filers

780 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Simplytex said:

Yes, if you go to any of their websites, there is almost certainly going to be a form to fill out about immigration services/support, or at the least "help with a federal agency". Alternatively, yes, you can just call their offices, they will tell you what you need to do in order for them to inquire on your behalf.

Ok, thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
12 hours ago, Simplytex said:

Yes, if you go to any of their websites, there is almost certainly going to be a form to fill out about immigration services/support, or at the least "help with a federal agency". Alternatively, yes, you can just call their offices, they will tell you what you need to do in order for them to inquire on your behalf.

Sorry to jump in here, but how long after you have been over the estimate would be a good time to contact a representative? We just crossed over the 12 month mark at Potomac which is the current estimate. On the USCIS website it says we should wait until December before submitting an inquiry. I'm hoping that it would be a viable option to contact a congressman before that. What are your thoughts?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Dewald & Brittney said:

Sorry to jump in here, but how long after you have been over the estimate would be a good time to contact a representative? We just crossed over the 12 month mark at Potomac which is the current estimate. On the USCIS website it says we should wait until December before submitting an inquiry. I'm hoping that it would be a viable option to contact a congressman before that. What are your thoughts?

Filling an inquiry with USCIS is different from contacting federal govt reps. I would fill in a USCIS inquiry immediately once hitting the appropriate date. Federal rep you can contact at any point, but remember they can't necessarily pull strings just cause you asked - their purpose is essentially to force USCIS to "provide a timely response" and all USCIS will do in this case is say "it's still in the normal processing time, not yet to the inquiry time."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello all,

I have been reading all of the posts for the September, 2021 filers for I130 petitions. I thought it was time I jumped in here with you all to let you know You Are NOT Alone! Our PD is September, 27, 2021. We have been in AR since early March. Our SC is Potomac but our lawyer said it was switched in early September to Texas. I will call Emma to speak to a "live" agent to confirm or deny this statement. I miss my husband terribly. But, I have booked my ticket to visit him during Thanksgiving break, Lord willing. I check my case status regularly and even sent a notice of inquiry to report that I had not received a case transfer notice. They replied back that I would receive an answer at the end of September. The earliest that I can inquire about our case is in late December. So, I am just as tired and frustrated with just the first step of this process. So, I say--we can and will make it through.  God will see us all though this journey. Hang in there!  Don't quit! Hang in there!😀

Diane

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

GREAT.  Sunrise this morning,  2 approvals from California service center who are SEP 2021 filers....  EXCELLENT.  GO CALIFORNIA,  GO GO. I believe at this time AUG 2021 is over and CALIF is working on SEP 2021.  GO GO..  I am in NOV, let's get all the SEP, OCT and NOV done as quickly as possible and continue to speed up the pace to get the processing time across the service centers reasonable to less than 6 months.. GO GO 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
3 hours ago, Chanel H. said:

Got approval tonight!

PD Sept 10, 2021

NOA2 Sept 13, 2022

California Service Center

Awesome.🎉🎉 I bet you are so relieved, Happy for you. I hope I hear more cali sc approuvals this week

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
3 hours ago, Dil & Malar said:

GREAT.  Sunrise this morning,  2 approvals from California service center who are SEP 2021 filers....  EXCELLENT.  GO CALIFORNIA,  GO GO. I believe at this time AUG 2021 is over and CALIF is working on SEP 2021.  GO GO..  I am in NOV, let's get all the SEP, OCT and NOV done as quickly as possible and continue to speed up the pace to get the processing time across the service centers reasonable to less than 6 months.. GO GO 

2 approuvals ? I saw just one here with the september 10th pd. What's the pd of the second approuval plz. Go cali go 😀😀

Edited by SaraEl

Timeline
1 hour ago, SaraEl said:

2 approuvals ? I saw just one here with the september 10th pd. What's the pd of the second approuval plz. Go cali go 😀😀

image.thumb.png.78a5318553efe5336ae2ef870bd16d88.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I'm officially at 370 days. I checked the inquiry date for both my 1-130 and K3 and they pushed up the dates by one day. I can't believe it. How much more room are they going to give themselves to play games with our lives?

I-130 (Potomac)

NOA1: 09/11/2021

NOA2: 11/21/2022

(NVC + Frankfurt Consulate)

NVC Docs Submitted: 12/03/2022

DQ: 01/30/2023

Appointment: 03/14/2023

Timeline
26 minutes ago, shytown said:

I'm officially at 370 days. I checked the inquiry date for both my 1-130 and K3 and they pushed up the dates by one day. I can't believe it. How much more room are they going to give themselves to play games with our lives?

I thought you can still put in a request event the date says one and half months down the line.  You can directly go to this link 

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayONPTForm.do?sroPageType=onpt&entryPoint=init.

It takes a month to get response.. but at least gets their attention

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
51 minutes ago, Dil & Malar said:

I thought you can still put in a request event the date says one and half months down the line.  You can directly go to this link 

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayONPTForm.do?sroPageType=onpt&entryPoint=init.

It takes a month to get response.. but at least gets their attention

Thanks for the tip. I was able to submit something for the K3 but not the I-130. 🙏

I-130 (Potomac)

NOA1: 09/11/2021

NOA2: 11/21/2022

(NVC + Frankfurt Consulate)

NVC Docs Submitted: 12/03/2022

DQ: 01/30/2023

Appointment: 03/14/2023

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.