aerodnight

September 2021 I-130 filers

780 posts in this topic

On 9/9/2022 at 11:14 AM, shytown said:

I contacted a congresswoman in January and she called Potomac. All that resulted was an officer checked my file, told her that it was being processed normally and no further documentation was necessary from me. Soon after it went into AR but that was just because of the officer checking.

Expedites... I'm not sure. I hear they rarely work and I don't know if physical, stress-related health issues is good enough of a reason to try. Does anyone else know? In that case, I feel like a lot of us are experiencing the same thing and they'd probably be inundated with requests. 😅

You are right. I have tried expediting twice, latest was stress which i am now being medicated for and they didnt even request evidence, Just said no!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Nylonnig said:

You are right. I have tried expediting twice, latest was stress which i am now being medicated for and they didnt even request evidence, Just said no!

I'm sorry to hear that. I know it doesn't help much, but at least you're not alone. :( I think that you need to submit evidence with the expedite request though, or did you not have the option to? 

I-130 (Potomac)

NOA1: 09/11/2021

NOA2: 11/21/2022

(NVC + Frankfurt Consulate)

NVC Docs Submitted: 12/03/2022

DQ: 01/30/2023

Appointment: 03/14/2023

44 minutes ago, shytown said:

I'm sorry to hear that. I know it doesn't help much, but at least you're not alone. :( I think that you need to submit evidence with the expedite request though, or did you not have the option to? 

i made the request over the phone and told them I had a letter from my doc. They said they would review and come back in 7 days. I expected them to at least ask for the letter but they just came back and said no.

I am an LPR filing for my husband in UK. In the new processing section I saw this notice below. A whole bunch of us on in Vermont who are LPR got this. I don't even understand! Just made me more depressed.

Estimated time until case decision:

Your case is taking longer than expected to process. You do not need to take any action at this time.

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Nylonnig said:

i made the request over the phone and told them I had a letter from my doc. They said they would review and come back in 7 days. I expected them to at least ask for the letter but they just came back and said no.

I am an LPR filing for my husband in UK. In the new processing section I saw this notice below. A whole bunch of us on in Vermont who are LPR got this. I don't even understand! Just made me more depressed.

Estimated time until case decision:

Your case is taking longer than expected to process. You do not need to take any action at this time.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to try submitting over form/email and let you know what the outcome is. Maybe it's worth another attempt for you.

I have this notification as well (your case is taking longer). I think it is just a standardized status based on when you submitted your petition versus the official processing time that they publish. 

I-130 (Potomac)

16 minutes ago, shytown said:

Thanks for the info. I'm going to try submitting over form/email and let you know what the outcome is. Maybe it's worth another attempt for you.

I have this notification as well (your case is taking longer). I think it is just a standardized status based on when you submitted your petition versus the official processing time that they publish. 

Yes I might try again. Do you know where I can get the form or email address please?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 9/23/2022 at 1:03 AM, ritbiv said:

I applied for my parents on September 18 2021 online. My PD for both cases is Sep 18,2021. I am still waiting for an update from Texas Service Center. 🤦‍♀️

My parents’ I130 got approved today. I saw actively reviewing status and as mentioned by fellow vjers, checked the documents section and the i130 approval notices were waiting there. The notice says the nvc will contact the beneficiaries. Will they email or mail? I filed online. Initially my service center was texas but it got transferred to California.

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Nylonnig said:

Yes I might try again. Do you know where I can get the form or email address please?

I looked into it again and I was mistaken. It looks like they provide you with that after you speak with them on the phone, so you went about it the right way. Sorry about that.

I-130 (Potomac)

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
53 minutes ago, ritbiv said:

My parents’ I130 got approved today. I saw actively reviewing status and as mentioned by fellow vjers, checked the documents section and the i130 approval notices were waiting there. The notice says the nvc will contact the beneficiaries. Will they email or mail? I filed online. Initially my service center was texas but it got transferred to California.

Congratulations - THey will email in a day or two.. pay the fees and get it going for NVC.  

2 hours ago, ritbiv said:

They will email. I got an email and the beneficiary got an email, the emails were the same.

Edit- also, congratulations and good luck at NVC! fingers crossed no RFE!

Edited by Chanel H.
adding congratulations

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

NO1: 22-September-2021

Service Center Indicated as Nebraska

AR: 14-February-2022

I contacted a live agent via Emma to confirm location of case because our case went passed the normal processing time for Nebraska. 

The live agent indicated my case was actually at Potomac SC. I didn't receive any notification that the SC had changed. 

Keeping fingers crossed that we'll receive approval any day now!! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hello september group!

I hope the ball keeps rolling and good luck to everyone here.

Just wanted to share a summary of our timeline with you all, hoping it´s helpful.

I-130 Sent : 2021-09-24
I-130 NOA1 :

2021-09-25

Date I-130 NOA2 (Approved) :  

2022-03-10
I-130 RFE : 2022-03-01
I-130 RFE Sent : 2022-03-08
I-130 Approved : 2022-03-10
NVC Received : 2022-03-14
Case Completed at NVC : 2022-07-01
Interview Date : 2022-09-29 
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2022-10-05

Nebraska SC

Edited by Marcelo & Ciara

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.