1,189 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

We are mailing ours off tomorrow :jest:. My packet includes:

• Check for $680
  • G-1145
  • i-751 application
  • Cover letter
  • Copies of photo IDs from both my husband and I, including front and back of my green card
  • Copy of tax returns for 2019 and 2020 filed jointly
  • Mail from our health insurance showing we are on the same account
  • Paperwork from our insurances showing we are on the accounts together
  • Documentation showing me as my husband's beneficiary for all of his benefits
  • Various bills over the past 2 years proving that we live at the same address
  • Proof of same Costco membership
  • Copy of our marriage certificate
  • Copy of our son's birth certificate (born after I moved here on a K1)
  • Photos of us together as a family
Edited by Ethan & Shannon

K1 Visa Timeline [Approved]

Spoiler

07/23/2018    I-129F sent

07/25/2018    NOA1 email notification

07/30/2018    NOA1 hard copy

12/21/2018    NOA2 hard copy

01/10/2019    NVC Case # assigned

01/22/2019    Left NVC

01/29/2019    Embassy received

01/29/2019    Pkt 3 sent

02/01/2019    Pkt 4 received

02/13/2019    Medical

03/00/2019    Interview approved!

04/01/2019    Visa issued

04/02/2019    Visa received in mail

04/06/2019    POE

05/04/2019    Wedding

Adjustment Of Status Timeline [Approved]

Spoiler

05/31/2019    I-485, I-131 and I-765 sent

06/10/2019    NOA1 (electronic) & check cashed

06/11/2019    NOA1 hard copies

07/05/2019    Biometrics walk-in

09/30/2019    Interview scheduled (electronic notification)

10/23/2019    EAD/AP approved

11/00/2019    AOS Interview approved!

11/08/2019    Green card is being produced

11/16/2019    Green card in hand

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 9/1/2021 at 2:07 PM, Anna Ko said:

I was wondering, should i photocopy the entire page where the address is written on, or can I just put 3 of them folded into thirds one on top of each other so that the address shows (the way that it shows when you get the mail). Not sure if this is clear or not, but basically do they need the entire page where the address is one or it doesn't matter as long as they see our names and our address?

I'm not sure what correct procedure is but I photocopied the entire page that has the address on it to be extra safe.

On 9/1/2021 at 2:07 PM, Anna Ko said:

Second, should I only use mail that has both our names or can I use mail we've gotten separately?

We only had one bill with both our names on it, the water bill. I included the water bills, then the internet bill just in my name, and another type of bill with just my husband's name. I'm sure it will help to build proof of continuously living together because the dates add up.

K1 Visa Timeline [Approved]

Spoiler

07/23/2018    I-129F sent

07/25/2018    NOA1 email notification

07/30/2018    NOA1 hard copy

12/21/2018    NOA2 hard copy

01/10/2019    NVC Case # assigned

01/22/2019    Left NVC

01/29/2019    Embassy received

01/29/2019    Pkt 3 sent

02/01/2019    Pkt 4 received

02/13/2019    Medical

03/00/2019    Interview approved!

04/01/2019    Visa issued

04/02/2019    Visa received in mail

04/06/2019    POE

05/04/2019    Wedding

Adjustment Of Status Timeline [Approved]

Spoiler

05/31/2019    I-485, I-131 and I-765 sent

06/10/2019    NOA1 (electronic) & check cashed

06/11/2019    NOA1 hard copies

07/05/2019    Biometrics walk-in

09/30/2019    Interview scheduled (electronic notification)

10/23/2019    EAD/AP approved

11/00/2019    AOS Interview approved!

11/08/2019    Green card is being produced

11/16/2019    Green card in hand

Fuuuuuudddge!!!! I forgot to include the biometrics fee!!! I filed it yesterday and just jumped into this thread :( What to do???

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Syria
Timeline

We made that mistake for AOS. They returned our filing package (took about a month) with instructions on resubmitting with the correct fees. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

We can't send our application out until September 21 but, as I said before, it's ready to go. Here is what we've included. I organized it  with tabs at the bottom that match the headings for each section. It's not too big. We've only included one bank statement for each quarter, but we did include all pages for each statement. I paid my mortgage off years before we met, so there is no mortgage or lease with both our names. I did, however, add Neil to our homeowner's insurance, and included the declarations page of that policy with both names. At first, we had the same health insurance, through the marketplace, but I turned 65 and was no longer eligible as Medicare kicked in. We included an explanation of that and all the relevant documents to support it. Also, the first name I use on almost everything, including tax documents, is not my legal name. I've used it since I was 16 and got my Social Security card. However, my legal name is on my driver's license and passport, so I included a notarized  "affidavit of same person" in case there is confusion. I also did this for our I-129 application and for AOS. It may have helped, but no one asked about it.  Anyway, here is my list as I've written it for our cover letter:

JOINT FINANCIAL

Explanation of Homeowner’s Insurance

Homeowner’s Insurance Policy declarations pages with both our names

Tax Transcripts 2019/2020

Letter from Social Security naming immigrant as US Citizen’s Designee of Representative Payee, also a screenshot of this from the SSA website

Economic Impact letters addressed to both

Statements from joint checking account, including transaction pages

Screenshot of page from US Citizen’s personal checking account, showing spouse as the Payable on Death beneficiary

OTHER COMINGLING

Explanation of Health Insurance Coverage

Healthcare.gov benefit verification and policy enrollments with both names for 2019 (including dental insurance), 2020, and 2021

Card showing joint membership in Cigna Dental Savings Plan for 2020

Auto insurance with both names

AARP cards with same account number

Screenshot showing our Optimum IDs on the same account for internet, cable, and telephone

Consumer Cellular usage page printout with both our names

COHABITATION

Driver's licenses with same address

Electric bill with both names

FAMILY

Photos

Cards addressed to both of us

Attestations of True Marriage

Affidavits from people who know us well

Explanation of US Citizen’s different first names on documents

Explanation for reason of Affidavit of Same Person

Affidavit of same person

5 hours ago, ET9709 said:

We made that mistake for AOS. They returned our filing package (took about a month) with instructions on resubmitting with the correct fees. 

Yes, thank you. USCIS Ask Emma told me not to do anything until they send a notice. I am going to prepare my docs again. It was my fault, but can't blame someone who is anxious because I have a separate I-130 for my son who has been dragging slow for almost a year now. :(

Wish me luck! I hope we see a lot of approved cases here soon!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
3 hours ago, Joyoussinger said:

We can't send our application out until September 21 but, as I said before, it's ready to go. Here is what we've included. I organized it  with tabs at the bottom that match the headings for each section. It's not too big. We've only included one bank statement for each quarter, but we did include all pages for each statement. I paid my mortgage off years before we met, so there is no mortgage or lease with both our names. I did, however, add Neil to our homeowner's insurance, and included the declarations page of that policy with both names. At first, we had the same health insurance, through the marketplace, but I turned 65 and was no longer eligible as Medicare kicked in. We included an explanation of that and all the relevant documents to support it. Also, the first name I use on almost everything, including tax documents, is not my legal name. I've used it since I was 16 and got my Social Security card. However, my legal name is on my driver's license and passport, so I included a notarized  "affidavit of same person" in case there is confusion. I also did this for our I-129 application and for AOS. It may have helped, but no one asked about it.  Anyway, here is my list as I've written it for our cover letter:

JOINT FINANCIAL

Letter from Social Security naming immigrant as US Citizen’s Designee of Representative Payee, also a screenshot of this from the SSA website

Screenshot of page from US Citizen’s personal checking account, showing spouse as the Payable on Death beneficiary

OTHER COMINGLING

Healthcare.gov benefit verification and policy enrollments with both names for 2019 (including dental insurance), 2020, and 2021

Screenshot showing our Optimum IDs on the same account for internet, cable, and telephone

COHABITATION

FAMILY

Photos

Affidavit of same person

What about leases or mortgages?

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, ra0010 said:

What about leases or mortgages?

I explain that in the first paragraph: "I paid my mortgage off years before we met, so there is no mortgage or lease with both our names. I did, however, add Neil to our homeowner's insurance, and included the declarations page of that policy with both names."  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Joyoussinger said:

I explain that in the first paragraph: "I paid my mortgage off years before we met, so there is no mortgage or lease with both our names. I did, however, add Neil to our homeowner's insurance, and included the declarations page of that policy with both names."  

I missed it! I’m only on my second coffee after a long day yesterday lol. Your package looks awesome!

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Timeline
1 minute ago, ra0010 said:

I missed it! I’m only on my second coffee after a long day yesterday lol. Your package looks awesome!

Thank you! I can't wait to send it out!

4 hours ago, Joyoussinger said:

JOINT FINANCIAL

OTHER COMINGLING

COHABITATION

FAMILY

Photos

Affidavit of same person

Looks very good.  You have put some thought behind this and it shows.  

Timeline
28 minutes ago, SoCal2021 said:

Looks very good.  You have put some thought behind this and it shows.  

Why, thank you!

Hi everyone, thank you for the great ideas! I'm a September filer too.

I have a few questions:

• Is a Surgeon General visit required for I-751? Or will a standard doctor's visit be enough? 
  • Will I also need to get new Tdap, MMR and Varicella shots? (I first had mine back in my I-129 application on December 2018.)
  • Due to COVID-19 and my spouse having significant risk factors/co-morbidities, we chose not to travel. What else can I provide as proof of comingling besides residence- and financial-related documents?

I'm so confused with what's going around online and figured this would be the best place to ask.

Thank you!

4 hours ago, mjoyceb said:

• Is a Surgeon General visit required for I-751? Or will a standard doctor's visit be enough? 
  • Will I also need to get new Tdap, MMR and Varicella shots? (I first had mine back in my I-129 application on December 2018.)
  • Due to COVID-19 and my spouse having significant risk factors/co-morbidities, we chose not to travel. What else can I provide as proof of comingling besides residence- and financial-related documents?

Thank you!

The answer to your first two questions is no.  You do not need any medical forms/doctor's visit in order to file I-751.  

Regarding your last item...I would write a statement which indicates that you had little or no travel due to spouse having significant risk factors as it relates to COVID.  They are aware of the pandemic and should be expecting to see less travel evidences.  Also next time you are doing FaceTime with friends/family, you might want to take some screen shots and include it in your package (might work better from desktop).  

Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.