Nicky83

ESTA - marriage & pregnant

42 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 minute ago, Nicky83 said:

Nope i am not in med school .

Ive been nursing for over 20 years . Had management roles in hospitals and went back to nursing . Had offers of other higher roles but my goal is GP which i am training for now along with my normal work 

I do not see how he could get to the US for about 30 months assuming the waiver is approved, which it should be.

To visit maybe 18 months as he would also need a waiver

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Just now, Nicky83 said:

General practitioner 

General practitioner is a physician.  You will need to go to medical school and do a residency for that if you want to practice in the United States.

1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

I don't understand how he was able to get an ESTA with a criminal history, assuming he was truthful on the DS-160.  

That is the issue . He didnt read everything at the time just went through answering not realising spent convictions were still active on a record in the states. Hence the initial post 

Just now, HRQX said:

DS-160 is not the application for ESTA.

The correct application for ESTA is through CBP site: https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/

Either way, I assumed they ask about criminal history to anyone who potentially wants to visit the US.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 minute ago, HRQX said:

DS-160 is not the application for ESTA.

The correct application for ESTA is through CBP site: https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/

Somebody with that history is not going to be able to use the VWP

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

3 minutes ago, Nicky83 said:

He didnt read everything at the time just went through answering not realising spent convictions were still active on a record i

This excuse will not be accepted by DOS.  He was 100% responsible for the content of his application.  He has much larger issues now, such as material misrepresentation.

10 minutes ago, Nicky83 said:

General practitioner 

Perhaps you mean Physician's Assistant (PA-C).   Different role than MD.

First i do not see what my work or training has to do with the course of action .

This thread was for info purposes and if anything we can do . Not to grill me about my job. I am very comfortable $ wise . I dont feel i have to explain every detail regarding my work or training. 

What i do know is i have alot on certs and qualifications .

We think only option is to give up all i worked for . The time scales etc we can not do .

Yes we know there are loop holes normally.

I havent seen my 2 older kids since before covid . They were in the UK  with their dad. Now aged 18 and 15 .

My brother a civil servant and in a matter of weeks he managed to sort a few things and dont know fully how . 

i now have my kids with me . One in school although he does have some learning disabilities . The older one doing online college work and working part time  legally . 

We are prepared to leave all this and come back to the uk .

Which having now spoken to my other half again today . we are going to marry before March either way . 

We dont think there are any work arounds viable for our situation .

Family is more important than a green card etc . 

Yes we know people visit on esta . Marry and file AOS. Yes its illegal but it happens . 

Would we have tried this route if we didnt realise the error in his application .

I dont know .  

The main question raised was if he came and we then tried AOS with the current info and all roads lead to leaving the USA . File for spouse visa . By time it came through we would prob be leaving then any how back to the uk . 

We just trying to find the best way of us being together for 2 year max in the states. 

Thanks again for the replies .

Edited by Nicky83

1 hour ago, Nicky83 said:

First i do not see what my work or training has to do with the course of action .

This thread was for info purposes and if anything we can do . Not to grill me about my job. I am very comfortable $ wise . I dont feel i have to explain every detail regarding my work or training. 

What i do know is i have alot on certs and qualifications .

We think only option is to give up all i worked for . The time scales etc we can not do .

Yes we know there are loop holes normally.

I havent seen my 2 older kids since before covid . They were in the UK  with their dad. Now aged 18 and 15 .

My brother a civil servant and in a matter of weeks he managed to sort a few things and dont know fully how . 

i now have my kids with me . One in school although he does have some learning disabilities . The older one doing online college work and working part time  legally . 

We are prepared to leave all this and come back to the uk .

Which having now spoken to my other half again today . we are going to marry before March either way . 

We dont think there are any work arounds viable for our situation .

Family is more important than a green card etc . 

Yes we know people visit on esta . Marry and file AOS. Yes its illegal but it happens . 

Would we have tried this route if we didnt realise the error in his application .

I dont know .  

The main question raised was if he came and we then tried AOS with the current info and all roads lead to leaving the USA . File for spouse visa . By time it came through we would prob be leaving then any how back to the uk . 

We just trying to find the best way of us being together for 2 year max in the states. 

Thanks again for the replies .

I think you know what you have to do and are going to do. Good luck moving forward.  Congratulations on the new baby!  

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~~Derailing posts along with posts quoting removed.~~~

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

15 hours ago, Nicky83 said:
Part of the home guard and they travelled the world which led to me being born in the states.

Are you a US citizen?  If you were born in the US to parents stationed here as part of a diplomatic posting, it can be a bit more complicated.

Obligatory disclaimer:  Not a lawyer.  Posts are written based on my own research and based on whatever information is provided.  Consult an immigration attorney regarding your specific case.

2 minutes ago, pm5k said:

Are you a US citizen?  If you were born in the US to parents stationed here as part of a diplomatic posting, it can be a bit more complicated.

No they wernt stationed there just on a work trip when i was born there . Came here 5 year ago .

My parents have properties in vegas and sanfransisco 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
12 hours ago, Nicky83 said:

Family is more important than a green card etc

True!

12 hours ago, Nicky83 said:

We are prepared to leave all this and come back to the uk

That is a possibility 

13 hours ago, Nicky83 said:

Which having now spoken to my other half again today . we are going to marry before March either way

The earlier the better giving the situation at hand

As you have been told it is illegal because it shows pre conceived intent...It might not end well. However the decision is left for you and yours truly. It is also against Visa journey TOS to advise on such actions

We dont think there are any work arounds viable for our situation

My thoughts exactly...even with AOS, he faces refusal and deportation. Then you will have to start over

The main question raised was if he came and we then tried AOS with the current info and all roads lead to leaving the USA . File for spouse visa . By time it came through we would prob be leaving then any how back to the uk

If I understand clearly, you want to use the prolonged adjudication process for AOS to your advantage...So he gets to stay in the US with you till he faces deportation or you leave on your own accord...In other words green card and his stay in the US is not your goal?

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.